Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi: U.S. can't survive 2 terms of Trump

and-then

9 hours ago, joc said:

Trump is real easy to understand. He is a winner. He wins. If you push him he knocks you down. That's it.

:D

thought you might like this little video...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

IDK, Manwon, honestly. Trump seems to not listen to anyone he doesn't want to, but, he uses a lot of folks. Seems to me he said he would move the embassy when he was running, it was a campaign promise, IIRC. In fact his refusal to listen to his staff is part of why they keep doing the In and Out thing. 

Claiming they have his mind and control him is like the claims that people were brainwashed by facebook into not liking Hillary. 

The truth may be more of a case like Pelosi saying she thinks the advertising doesn't matter, because people have already made up their mind on where they stand on impeachment. It is the one thing she has said I agree with. People know where they stand on Hillary and it could be that Trump simply agrees with some things that are in line with what the CZ like.

But, I do not think anyone controls him. That is the problem all along.

that's the way I see it... that he has his own ideas and style of leadership but that doesn't sit well
with those working on agendas behind the scenes and are used to having control of the President
(more or less, in various ways.... with the ghost of JFK maybe haunting their thoughts in the back
of their minds.......?)

and it's on record that other Presidents supported and promised to make/keep Jerusalem as the
capital of Israel and move the embassy there.... but only Trump followed up on his campaign
promise.. 

Watch the video comparing the different promises made by presidents below.

Bush said it a bit wrong? but it's clear what he meant to say...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Political Cartoons by Henry Payne

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

No one is denying that the Ukraine aid was deferred; nor, is anyone denying that Congress wasn't informed.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/07/gao-trump-ukraine-military-aid-067439

I think there are serious trust issues between Trump and a Democrat Majority Congress.... ie leaks
and damaging moves behind the scenes...?.... ie trying to F up everything Trump tries to do...
Didn't he keep something major secret not so long ago because of the danger of it being leaked..
it might have been when he made a surprise visit to troops in Afghanistan on Thanksgiving...?
or something else...

7 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Given the corruption in Ukraine and the concerns this money would go to the actually intended uses, and the voting going on and changes in that in the Ukraine, there is a percentage of the delay that can be understood. When it was held up under Obama nobody worried or wondered. When Trump did until he could talk with the new President and ask about efforts to control the corruption, it was still OK. His error was to ask about a specific case- who happened to be the son of the candidate who was then their hopeful.

I saw a short video about that - I don't know where it is now but that's what was explained ....
that a couple of senior politicians went over  to Ukraine to check out the new President and
when they said he was OK.... the military aid was released...
I think the Dems say something like.... oh he only released it when there was pressure from
some committee or other...but that is probably them just twisting it and making trouble....
because they had the Impeachment thing brewing... ?

Quid pro quo is the WAY of politics. These events were questionable and useful for stirring it up, but after years of RUSSIA screaming and everything else, it just leaks too much. I cannot be alone in seeing it that way. It doesn't float for me. This is about spite. They don't give a dam about Ukraine Aid. They do not care about the Nation or the distress out here among the citizens (which this thread is a tiny example of). All they care about is keeping their personal jobs, playing their team game and power. 

I am not anyone who can vote one way or the other on impeachment, so my opinion hardly matters to anyone but me. This is my opinion.

This is what drives me nuts about it all...... the spite and basic insincerity because they don't really care about
how this all affects the Ukraine people  who have been through a lot and have got sick of corruption and
elected a President who stood on an anti corruption ticket... they don't care about disrespecting Zelensky
not listening to what he has to say about it and the trouble it could be causing him in his country.. perhaps
that's what they want because they don't like Zelensky as President because he could uncover stuff they
don't want uncovered and like Trump he is a bit of a maverick leader, not easily controlled..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

That's why I don't trust the media. Local stuff is just local garbage. Around here it's drug bust or a shooting over drugs. Maybe the occasional "dumb redneck". When it comes to the big media outlets, nope. Not trust whatsoever. I've had to be mentally assaulted by the media since Trump went into office, impeach, impeach, impeach, why not actually help the man instead of crying about him. Us vs Them. Which is why I hate politics more than I do religion. And it's also the reason I rarely hit this section of UM. 

From what I can tell, the government/s work for themselves. Not the people. I think the people are starting to get sick of government. 

bolded...... what a novel idea ^_^

or even just be fair and honest ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

The idea that a U.S. president cannot make a decision to withold Federal aid to a foreign country is preposterous.  Possibly, just a guess, other presidents refused to go against their State Dept. Overlords.  Regardless of that issue:

2 U.S.C. Section 684 or 2 U.S.C. Section 683, the Impoundment Control Act, the President has the power to propose deferring funds on a temporary basis or rescinding them altogether, subject to Congressional approval.

So it appears that unless he was asking for a deferment or a recission of the aid, he didn't need Congressional approval.  The only stipulation being that a president cannot "hold" money until that budget expires thus removing Congress from the loop.  He clearly did not do that.

Also, try as hard as you like, he released the funds and received nothing in return.  One can attach an unlimited number of motives to a political adversary but proving them is another matter.  The idea that stepping on Congressional authority is somehow unheard of and Impeachable is ridiculous.  Obama did so for nearly 8 years by ignoring Republicans in Congress and doing as he pleased through executive action.

I don't know what you imagine you're proving by arguing something that's not in dispute.

He didn't inform Congress as he was supposed.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 2

Let's pray... 

[00.01:55]

~

Now let them fly home on the new personal private jets that Jesus did gave them... 

~

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Not in his case, in his case there difference at all. Just read his tweets and listen to his comments he needs to have an on off switch installed. Then maybe his Alzheimer's won't be so obvious.

So now you have a Drs license...these kinds of hyperbole comments negate any point you are trying to make.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, third_eye said:

Let's pray... 

~

Now let them fly home on the new personal private jets that Jesus did gave them... 

~

After Trump says the Apostle's Creed :lol:

(Trumpers wouldn't know, but at the funeral of Bush Senior, when everyone Christian said the Apostle's Creed, Trump remained silent. The irony was delicious - guy climbed to power by blathering about protecting Christianity but he rather wouldn't go that far to practice it :lol:  

Just a quick reminder for possible Christian passers-by: Jesus threw the merchants out the temple. He did not start a franchise or something.

Merchants. Out. Of. The. Temple. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, third_eye said:

Let's pray... 

~

~

Third Eye, it says on the caption that these are Faith Leaders, but generally speaking when they lay hands like in the photo, they are normally Faith Healers. Well whatever their doing, it may help cure his Alzheimer's, we can only hope.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skliss said:

So now you have a Drs license...these kinds of hyperbole comments negate any point you are trying to make.

You are right, and thanks for making your point

Judging by the latest jobs report the US can probably survive another term. Just sayin'.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, third_eye said:

Let's pray... 

N

Thats one of the most ridiculous and bizarre comedy stunts I`ve ever seen in my life. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you don't understand what Pelosi means just take a look at the AG response to the IG investigation. 

Based on today I would say she is right. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, OverSword said:

Judging by the latest jobs report the US can probably survive another term. Just sayin'.

We will survive. The anger and the hate won't be buried so easily though.

• Like 1

While people on both sides of the fence might hate the opposing politicians the difference between us is that most people on my side of the fence will draw the line at that while a lopsided amount of people on the other side hate us too. We're angry at politicians, they're angry at us. We might think the other side is nuts but they hold us in contempt. I can't even put a sign in front of my house during election season or wear a red hat in public without a legitimate concern of vandalism or violence. It's clear who needs to bury the hate and anger.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

He didn't inform Congress as he was supposed.

You find that act of rebellion against the process he has undergone for 3 years to be grounds to remove him?  REALLY?  Also, since our laws work from precedent, is he the first president to do this?  I find that extremely hard to believe.  If he is then at best it's worthy of censure.  The Democrat party is treating Impeachment as less than serious no matter their "solemn" rhetoric on the topic.  Removing a duly elected president is a very BFD.  They don't seem to believe there would be long term consequences.  How about you?  How do you think him being removed when half or more of the country still support him would unfold?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OverSword said:

Nancy might not ;) 

11 minutes ago, and then said:

You find that act of rebellion against the process he has undergone for 3 years to be grounds to remove him?  REALLY?  Also, since our laws work from precedent, is he the first president to do this?  I find that extremely hard to believe.  If he is then at best it's worthy of censure.  The Democrat party is treating Impeachment as less than serious no matter their "solemn" rhetoric on the topic.  Removing a duly elected president is a very BFD.  They don't seem to believe there would be long term consequences.  How about you?  How do you think him being removed when half or more of the country still support him would unfold?

With Insurectionist how else, according to you.

11 hours ago, toast said:

Thats one of the most ridiculous and bizarre comedy stunts I`ve ever seen in my life. Thanks for sharing.

It's really sad and their all Christian Zionists check out what these people stand for, do a search on their leader John Hagee, he openly states they are antisemitic. President Trump surrounds himself with them, even his VP Mike Pence is one, but don't make any comments on the forum or andthen will become angery. 

Heres a link. https://mondoweiss.net/2015/03/confirms-christian-semitic/  

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

If you don't understand what Pelosi means just take a look at the AG response to the IG investigation. 

Based on today I would say she is right. 

Here are andthens Christian Zionist Brothers.

https://mondoweiss.net/2015/03/confirms-christian-semitic/

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, and then said:

The word misdemeanor keeps getting ignored.  So does that fact that the highest office in the land is held to the highest standard. What's impeachable and what isn't is what much of the discussion is about.  But you keep appealing to emotion and social injustice.

You do raise a good question about why the GAO is a bit late on this case.  They're meant to have reported on any previous breaches if they occurred.

It's also good you reminded everyone of the possibility of censure.

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

• Like 2

Christian Zionism is the belief that God gave the Jewish people the land of Israel in historic Palestine. Christian Zionists hold that this is part of a biblical prophecy, and is a necessary prerequisite before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ and the ensuing Day of Judgment.

This is an accurate summary as far as it goes.  If this were all that CZs were about then they'd not need to support Israel at all.  They ARE back in their land and that is the only "sign" needed to know the hour draws near.  You'll note that this writer said nothing about Christians who are Zionists on Israel's behalf, EVER stated hatred for them or a need to support their government and especially, there is no claim that Christians believe Jews to be expendable for the cause of "forcing" Christ to return.  CZ is about loving the Jewish people and supporting them as best we can.  This is my last word on this topic because people who presume to tell another human being what that person "means" or "believes" are too arrogant to be reasoned with.  Hate whomever you choose but don't try to be taken seriously when you assume you know their mind better than they do themselves.

I'm quite comfortable with my beliefs and no one is going to cause me any anxiety over my choice.

10 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The word misdemeanor keeps getting ignored.  So does that fact that the highest office in the land is held to the highest standard. What's impeachable and what isn't is what much of the discussion is about.  But you keep appealing to emotion and social injustice.

You do raise a good question about why the GAO is a bit late on this case.  They're meant to have reported on any previous breaches if they occurred.

It's also good you reminded everyone of the possibility of censure.

So you DO believe he should be removed and the choice of 63 million Americans disavowed for one minor offense.  Good to know how little respect you have for the ballot box and rule of law in general.