Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
iridescence

Energy coming out of my hand

48 posts in this topic

iridescence

Two weeks ago, or so, I woke up in the middle of the night after a weird ass dream and while I tried to change my position, I noticed that there was some sort of energy overlapping the fabric of reality, just the same you see tiny dots in darkness. When I raised my hand, it was coming out of my fingers as well but it fade away after a minute or so. Just to make an idea, the energy looked like the Kirlian effect on this video at 0:44.

What do you think it was? My only explanation is that I was either dizzy, or I indeed saw some subtle energy (there was no color, as far as I can remember)?

Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by iridescence
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

XenoFish

Go to your local University's science department and give a demonstration. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Kittens Are Jerks

@iridescence Whilst it's true that our bodies literally glow, the light is not visible to the naked eye.

https://www.livescience.com/7799-strange-humans-glow-visible-light.html

I can't explain what you saw, but know it wasn't energy. You may have been dizzy (as you suggest) upon having awakened, perhaps your eyes were playing tricks on you, or perhaps you were still dreaming. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

papageorge1
1 hour ago, iridescence said:

My first thought is that you experienced your etheric aura energy through super-physical sensing. I haven't studied auras and energy in a while but this is a subject where much productive internet research can be done.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

moonman

Nothing but a dream, a sleep induced mild hallucination, or blurry vision.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4

The Eternal Flame
3 hours ago, iridescence said:

Two weeks ago, or so, I woke up in the middle of the night after a weird ass dream and while I tried to change my position, I noticed that there was some sort of energy overlapping the fabric of reality, just the same you see tiny dots in darkness. When I raised my hand, it was coming out of my fingers as well but it fade away after a minute or so. Just to make an idea, the energy looked like the Kirlian effect on this video at 0:44.

What do you think it was? My only explanation is that I was either dizzy, or I indeed saw some subtle energy (there was no color, as far as I can remember)?

Long ago i was at the grocery store and i saw a girl with energy emanating around her head they was alot of other people but no energy around i never knew why.

Edited by The Eternal Flame
  • Like 2

Hammerclaw

I use to walk across a deep carpet and reach a finger out to touch my cat on the nose and a spark of static electricity would arc between before I touched it. Must have stung because the stopped letting me do it.

• Haha 4

iridescence
1 hour ago, moonman said:

Nothing but a dream, a sleep induced mild hallucination, or blurry vision.

It seems that this type of optical illusion is called phosphene. However, I'm not sure why I got it because I don't take drugs or any medication, so it's odd that I saw "energy" coming out of my fingers. I wonder if people who claim to see auras see the energy in the same way.

• Like 3

Keyll
On 12/8/2019 at 2:26 PM, iridescence said:

It seems that this type of optical illusion is called phosphene. However, I'm not sure why I got it because I don't take drugs or any medication, so it's odd that I saw "energy" coming out of my fingers. I wonder if people who claim to see auras see the energy in the same way.

Yes, that's how I started seeing auras. Once you figure out how to see the "energy dots" you'll be able to hone in on it and eventually clearly see colored auras and be able to flick in and out of that focus. Because it happened when you woke up I wouldn't rule out a dream overlap with reality, but if you can repeat it while sober and awake, and practise once you figure out what you're looking for, then you'll be able to eventually see it at will on yourself and probably other people. There's literally no way to prove it to anyone's satisfaction though, and you'd be a douche if you monetized it, so it's functionally useless as a superpower. At best you can use it as an extension of your intuitive people-vetting senses. You could argue this is just synthesia, translating impulse sensations about people into a color. Being able to see a smear of energy on yourself is a good first step to working with subtle energy if that was something you wanted to do. It's kind of like learning to use a new muscle and once you identify what it is you're focusing on and how to do it, it becomes a lot easier to turn it off and on. Should you? Up to you. "Like TV static" is the closest visual equal I have though, yes. It's not quite right, but it's close to how it appears in my visual field. Interestingly, it's not a thing like a migraine aura, something I have experienced as well.

Being able to switch this on and off has only been useful for me a couple of times. I used it as a door to door salesperson to eyeball very quickly if someone was receptive or not, and there was one time I ran into a guy who had a darkness around him and he scared the **** out of me so I just didn't even try pitching to him. He was just a regular average looking dude. I met a ton of people, a lot of weirdos, and no one else ever gave me that 'DON'T BE ALONE IN A HOUSE WITH THEM' vibe, no matter their age, gender, or ethnicity (I sold phone, internet, and TV packages so there wasn't really a target audience other than people who want to save money by switching, there's precisely one other provider here so people switch back and forth every 6 month to get promos with the other guys... it's a weird quirk of my city, it was 100% legit contract work for the actual telecompanies). Like, I was alone with big hulking guys who looked like bruisers for the football team, a hoarder woman who hadn't combed her hair in a month and hadn't cleaned the home in a year... lots of strange old people with odd collectable items... that was the only time this alarm bell ever went off.

The other use for it has been massages, I can 'see' where the sore spots are so I'm really good at giving them. My friends benefit immensely, since I'm not a massage therapist or any form of alternative medicine practitioner, though I did at one point have the opportunity to go into school for acupuncture and alternative therapies I ultimately decided against it. My "sciency" hypothesis is that I have a form of synesthesia causing a conversion in my brain of intuitive senses of tension to a visual representation of clustered dots, thus being "all in my mind" but no less sometimes useful.

Fun fact, I got an apartment rental once because of MY aura. The landlord's sister was there when I viewed it and apparently she "liked my aura" so I got the place. So at least I can rest assured I'm not the only one.

That's not to say what you saw is definitively aura, but in my experience it could have been.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

iridescence
38 minutes ago, Keyll said:

That's not to say what you saw is definitively aura, but in my experience it could have been.

Hi Keyll,

Thank you for your elaborate answer. I will try to exercise my vision in the dark to see if I can perceive more than that. I'm skeptical myself and not sure why I saw that since I'm not interested in seeing auras but I'm open to any possibilities. My only logical explanation is that my brain released some chemicals during sleep and created these optical illusions. Energy or not, it looked pretty real and it's still cool that my brain made me see it.

DieChecker

If you believe in the supernatural, there are plenty of spiritual/religion linked reasons. If not, the sleep hallucination is probably the best bet. 

I know I sometimes wake up seeing/feeling/hearing stuff that seems left over from dreaming. Just for a few seconds, but it seems to happen.

Lucid Dreamers sometimes claim they can actively dream while awake. Might check into that.

• Like 1

Nnicolette

I see these every once in a while too. I heard it was a product of your vision but i secretly feel there is a bit more to it because when i see it i notice the same, that it looks like kirilian photography. The thing is the wavering white tendils i see always seem to be reaching out from me and they dont break or falter, just kinda wave around until i lose focus on them. I don't for a second believe that what im seeing isnt there, just that i cant percieve it 99.9% of the time. It seems like my iwn energy, but its so rare to catch sight of it and impossible to maintain focus on.

• Like 2

Nnicolette
3 hours ago, Keyll said:

Yes, that's how I started seeing auras. Once you figure out how to see the "energy dots" you'll be able to hone in on it and eventually clearly see colored auras and be able to flick in and out of that focus. Because it happened when you woke up I wouldn't rule out a dream overlap with reality, but if you can repeat it while sober and awake, and practise once you figure out what you're looking for, then you'll be able to eventually see it at will on yourself and probably other people. There's literally no way to prove it to anyone's satisfaction though, and you'd be a douche if you monetized it, so it's functionally useless as a superpower. At best you can use it as an extension of your intuitive people-vetting senses. You could argue this is just synthesia, translating impulse sensations about people into a color. Being able to see a smear of energy on yourself is a good first step to working with subtle energy if that was something you wanted to do. It's kind of like learning to use a new muscle and once you identify what it is you're focusing on and how to do it, it becomes a lot easier to turn it off and on. Should you? Up to you. "Like TV static" is the closest visual equal I have though, yes. It's not quite right, but it's close to how it appears in my visual field. Interestingly, it's not a thing like a migraine aura, something I have experienced as well.

Being able to switch this on and off has only been useful for me a couple of times. I used it as a door to door salesperson to eyeball very quickly if someone was receptive or not, and there was one time I ran into a guy who had a darkness around him and he scared the **** out of me so I just didn't even try pitching to him. He was just a regular average looking dude. I met a ton of people, a lot of weirdos, and no one else ever gave me that 'DON'T BE ALONE IN A HOUSE WITH THEM' vibe, no matter their age, gender, or ethnicity (I sold phone, internet, and TV packages so there wasn't really a target audience other than people who want to save money by switching, there's precisely one other provider here so people switch back and forth every 6 month to get promos with the other guys... it's a weird quirk of my city, it was 100% legit contract work for the actual telecompanies). Like, I was alone with big hulking guys who looked like bruisers for the football team, a hoarder woman who hadn't combed her hair in a month and hadn't cleaned the home in a year... lots of strange old people with odd collectable items... that was the only time this alarm bell ever went off.

The other use for it has been massages, I can 'see' where the sore spots are so I'm really good at giving them. My friends benefit immensely, since I'm not a massage therapist or any form of alternative medicine practitioner, though I did at one point have the opportunity to go into school for acupuncture and alternative therapies I ultimately decided against it. My "sciency" hypothesis is that I have a form of synesthesia causing a conversion in my brain of intuitive senses of tension to a visual representation of clustered dots, thus being "all in my mind" but no less sometimes useful.

Fun fact, I got an apartment rental once because of MY aura. The landlord's sister was there when I viewed it and apparently she "liked my aura" so I got the place. So at least I can rest assured I'm not the only one.

I am so glad someone else said it because i feel peoples energies and use it the same way as you mentioned, its secretly why i am so good at my job, i just never told anyone because its hard to explain. And if you understand this you dont need school for it i can always feel where someone is hurting without them telling me.

It is so rare i see the dots (which actually the dot is brightest to me, but merely the tip of waving white tendrils) I wpuld more than love to know how to willfully see it. How did you practice? I would love to hone this but i still haven't a clue because its so rare i see it and when i do i get excited and try to look at them and focusing makes me quickly lose sight of them.

Edit: nosey internet and directed advertising haha the minute i posted this i was presented with this ad: 

Screenshot_2019-12-19-05-39-44~7.png

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Haha 1

joc

I want to learn how to see cool stuff coming out of my hand!  :P

• Like 2

lightly

Speaking of Kilian photography....it shows energy around plants...right?   So, living systems , like plants and human bodies have energy around them...right?   We are bio- electric ,we have a 'field' around us...right?    Some people can see some of it sometimes ?       .  . (waits for the "So. . Prove it!!?!") :P  

John from Lowell
3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I see these every once in a while too. I heard it was a product of your vision but i secretly feel there is a bit more to it because when i see it i notice the same, that it looks like kirilian photography. The thing is the wavering white tendils i see always seem to be reaching out from me and they dont break or falter, just kinda wave around until i lose focus on them. I don't for a second believe that what im seeing isnt there, just that i cant percieve it 99.9% of the time. It seems like my iwn energy, but its so rare to catch sight of it and impossible to maintain focus on.

Hello,

There is a bit more to these things than it being a product of our vision. Where do I begin?

What if science is not yet aware that there are 2 more laws of physics. That being the presence of a strong and a weak interdimensional energy in everything.

When science has a quantum lens they will be able to view these energies. Some of us can see these energies once in a while. My understanding is that there are some who see these energies constantly.

John

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Desertrat56
On 12/8/2019 at 9:06 AM, iridescence said:

I and a co-worker's wife had similar experience, but during the day while wide awake.  We both had a blue energy coming from our hands.  I don't know what it was or why.  We didn't know each other but I told my co-worker and he took me home to meet his wife so we could share our experiences.

XenoFish

Can any of you teach me how to perform the Kamehameha Attack? 

• Like 2

joc
3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Can any of you teach me how to perform the Kamehameha Attack? 

First thing you have to do is focus on the blue light in your body.  Once you are focused...simply say Ah, may, ah may...and then...let 'er rip!  Nothing to it!  

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Bed of chaos

I'd simply wait and see if happens again. Has it? It's not extremely unusual to hallucinate right before sleep or right after waking. Sleep disorders can literally put you in between two worlds. Also, you said you were possibly dizzy. That could very well be related to oxygen deprivation (or sleep apnea) ..hitting u while dreaming. Maybe you can sense auras, however, if it's reoccurring problem (that only happens around sleep) I'd def visit a doctor. 

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Thanks 1

Nnicolette

No it is a very rare thing and i of course move to see if it is my eyes but it isn't stationary with them it does appear as energy sqiggles like people have waving white tentacles and never around sleep always standing. I wish i could sense auras or whatever you say but yeah idk what exactly that means visually i dont see colors.  it is so rare and fleeting and when i try to look at them i lose sight. Doesn't anybody else ever see white spots in thier vision on rare occasion that wave around every which way and have trails like comets?

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 2

Nnicolette
On 12/19/2019 at 8:48 AM, lightly said:

Speaking of Kilian photography....it shows energy around plants...right?   So, living systems , like plants and human bodies have energy around them...right?   We are bio- electric ,we have a 'field' around us...right?    Some people can see some of it sometimes ?       .  . (waits for the "So. . Prove it!!?!") :P  

I agree... I think it's kind of idiotic really that so many people don't get this. I have always considered us to be organic self-replicating machines and our dna the programming and i have yet to see any evidence otherwise. Our brain is run by electrical impulses and without that spark we are just matter, right? So why do we know so little about our electrical fields?

lightly
8 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I agree... I think it's kind of idiotic really that so many people don't get this. I have always considered us to be organic self-replicating machines and our dna the programming and i have yet to see any evidence otherwise. Our brain is run by electrical impulses and without that spark we are just matter, right? So why do we know so little about our electrical fields?

I don't know Nnicolette, maybe because ,I believe, they are Very weak...as electrical fields go?     ...or appear to be anyway?

• Like 1

XenoFish

The electrical energy generated by the body is used by the body. The only think we give off, besides horrid body order, is thermal energy. Even our own bio-emf is dwarved by the earth magnetic field. Seeing any type of 'energy' is just a visual hallucination, a trick of the eyes. Put your hand over a white sheet of paper and stare between your fingers, you'll see something.

• Haha 1

CuriousEye
On 12/8/2019 at 11:06 AM, iridescence said:

I suggest you to wait whether that pattern might come back repeatedly or not and if yes, if it affect your ambient environment. Sometimes, people sees things when they just went to wake up: their brains does continue to process at a lesser extent the neural patterns they were undergoign while dreaming. But sometimes, they perceive better things that lie unseen to the common eye. Or worse: it's a mix of both.

Observe what happens next time you see that overlapping fluid coming back again. 

• Thanks 1