Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
iridescence

Energy coming out of my hand

48 posts in this topic

CuriousEye
On 12/19/2019 at 5:24 AM, Keyll said:

Yes, that's how I started seeing auras. Once you figure out how to see the "energy dots" you'll be able to hone in on it and eventually clearly see colored auras and be able to flick in and out of that focus. Because it happened when you woke up I wouldn't rule out a dream overlap with reality, but if you can repeat it while sober and awake, and practise once you figure out what you're looking for, then you'll be able to eventually see it at will on yourself and probably other people. There's literally no way to prove it to anyone's satisfaction though, and you'd be a douche if you monetized it, so it's functionally useless as a superpower. At best you can use it as an extension of your intuitive people-vetting senses. You could argue this is just synthesia, translating impulse sensations about people into a color. Being able to see a smear of energy on yourself is a good first step to working with subtle energy if that was something you wanted to do. It's kind of like learning to use a new muscle and once you identify what it is you're focusing on and how to do it, it becomes a lot easier to turn it off and on. Should you? Up to you. "Like TV static" is the closest visual equal I have though, yes. It's not quite right, but it's close to how it appears in my visual field. Interestingly, it's not a thing like a migraine aura, something I have experienced as well.

Being able to switch this on and off has only been useful for me a couple of times. I used it as a door to door salesperson to eyeball very quickly if someone was receptive or not, and there was one time I ran into a guy who had a darkness around him and he scared the **** out of me so I just didn't even try pitching to him. He was just a regular average looking dude. I met a ton of people, a lot of weirdos, and no one else ever gave me that 'DON'T BE ALONE IN A HOUSE WITH THEM' vibe, no matter their age, gender, or ethnicity (I sold phone, internet, and TV packages so there wasn't really a target audience other than people who want to save money by switching, there's precisely one other provider here so people switch back and forth every 6 month to get promos with the other guys... it's a weird quirk of my city, it was 100% legit contract work for the actual telecompanies). Like, I was alone with big hulking guys who looked like bruisers for the football team, a hoarder woman who hadn't combed her hair in a month and hadn't cleaned the home in a year... lots of strange old people with odd collectable items... that was the only time this alarm bell ever went off.

The other use for it has been massages, I can 'see' where the sore spots are so I'm really good at giving them. My friends benefit immensely, since I'm not a massage therapist or any form of alternative medicine practitioner, though I did at one point have the opportunity to go into school for acupuncture and alternative therapies I ultimately decided against it. My "sciency" hypothesis is that I have a form of synesthesia causing a conversion in my brain of intuitive senses of tension to a visual representation of clustered dots, thus being "all in my mind" but no less sometimes useful.

Fun fact, I got an apartment rental once because of MY aura. The landlord's sister was there when I viewed it and apparently she "liked my aura" so I got the place. So at least I can rest assured I'm not the only one.

That's not to say what you saw is definitively aura, but in my experience it could have been.

Seems like you're experiencing a hypervigileant state of sympathetic phosphene, instead of the classical mind-illusion induced coining of the condition. Or in other words you are a neuroatypical capable to visually perceive the vital electromagnetic auric field immanently radiated from living things and individuals, likely due to a trauma, anxiety and/or hereditary hyperbrain activity.

Edited by CuriousEye

XenoFish
1 minute ago, CuriousEye said:

Seems like you're experiencing a hypervigileant state of sympathetic phosphene, instead of the classical mind illusion induced coining. Or in other words you are a neuroatypical capable to visually perceive the vital electromagnetic auric field immanently radiated from living things and individuals, likely due to a trauma, anxiety and/or hereditary hyperbrain activity.

We can not see the electromagnetic fields. At most people create visual hallucinations. Our EMF is too weak anyway. 

• Like 1

CuriousEye
35 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

We can not see the electromagnetic fields. At most people create visual hallucinations. Our EMF is too weak anyway. 

I have to correct you: most people cannot see bioelectric fields, the same way most people cannot be Mozart or Michael Jackson. 
But sometimes, people does.

Edited by CuriousEye
  • Haha 1

XenoFish
Just now, CuriousEye said:

I have to correct you: most people cannot see bioelectric fields, the same way most people cannot be Mozart or Michael Jackson. 
But somtimes, people does.

No one can see them. Anyone claiming to do so is either tricking themselves or flat out delusional. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CuriousEye
15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No one can see them. Anyone claiming to do so is either tricking themselves or flat out delusional. 

Who are we to decide what is delusional and what is not when it all depend about whether this is empirically proven as functionable to any extent or not? History has taught us many times that such mindset within an early modern society nearly prevented us from inventing airplanes and choppers for the past 400 years. 

Edited by CuriousEye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

iridescence
9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I've just asked, not claiming that I see any electromagnetic fields. But when you see something like this, it makes you wonder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

XenoFish
22 minutes ago, CuriousEye said:

Who are we to decide what is delusional and what is not when it all depend about whether this is empirically proven as functionable to any extent or not? History has taught us many times that such mindset within an early modern society nearly prevented us from inventing airplanes and choppers for the past 400 years. 

So it is better to regress into esoteric nonsense. Sound about right. People so desperately want their delusions validated. 

23 minutes ago, iridescence said:

I've just asked, not claiming that I see any electromagnetic fields. But when you see something like this, it makes you wonder.

No it doesn't. Not at all. 

• Like 1

CuriousEye
Just now, XenoFish said:

So it is better to regress into esoteric nonsense. Sound about right. People so desperately want their delusions validated. 

You realize you're speaking with the one who proposed to the author of this post to check-fact whether what has he seen was a sleep hallucination or not, right? 

There's no question about validating delusions: there's question about knowing. Hence our divergence: you dismiss "esoteric" beliefs because you are skeptical, I want to know whether the origin of those visions are illusory or sensorial because my skepticism has been many times challenged.

Nothing is paranormal: everything is either normal, thoughtful, creative or edgelorded away.

• Like 2

XenoFish
Just now, CuriousEye said:

You realize you're speaking with the one who proposed to the author of this post to check-fact whether what has he seen was a sleep hallucination or not, right? 

There's no question about validating delusions: there's question about knowing. Hence our divergence: you dismiss "esoteric" beliefs because you are skeptical, I want to know whether the origin of those visions are illusory or sensorial because my skepticism has been many times challenged.

Nothing is paranormal: everything is either normal, thoughtful, creative or edgelorded away.

It's a visual hallucination. That's all. If I had my way everything metaphysical, spiritual, occult and religious would be gone. I have a hatred for it. I gave an exercise on the first page of this thread, do it and see what happens. 

• Like 1

CuriousEye
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

It's a visual hallucination. That's all. If I had my way everything metaphysical, spiritual, occult and religious would be gone. I have a hatred for it. I gave an exercise on the first page of this thread, do it and see what happens. 

I don't care about your personal hatred toward labels and sects I don't even care about. I care about whether his case is illusory or sensorial.

Whether he had hypnopompic hallucinations or bioelectric-detecting synesthesia, I would sleep in peace anyway whether he found out the answer to that question sooner, later or never.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

XenoFish
2 minutes ago, CuriousEye said:

I don't care about your personal hatred toward labels and sects I don't even care about. I care about whether his case is illusory or sensorial.

Whether he had hypnopompic hallucinations or bioelectric-detecting synesthesia, I would sleep in peace anyway whether he found out the answer to that question sooner, later or never.

Why do you even care? 

CuriousEye
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Why do you even care? 

I would ask you the same question.

• Haha 2

iridescence

Hey, I'm going to take an epsom salt bath. Please don't agitate my chakras. :lol:

• Haha 1

CuriousEye
16 minutes ago, iridescence said:

Hey, I'm going to take an epsom salt bath. Please don't agitate my chakras. :lol:

That was... salty.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « salt bae gif »

• Haha 1

iridescence
1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Most likely. I don't pretend to have super powers. But sometimes I think that we humans are so limited that makes me question everything. But anyway, I have a really vivid imagination so it could be just my brain playing tricks on me. I don't care that much about that either, it just happened one night and thought I should ask for a second opinion. And I don't feel ashamed at all, it was just my experience ^_^

Edited by iridescence

XenoFish
14 minutes ago, iridescence said:

Most likely. I don't pretend to have super powers. But sometimes I think that we humans are so limited that makes me question everything. But anyway, I have a really vivid imagination so it could be just my brain playing tricks on me. I don't care that much about that either, it just happened one night and thought I should ask for a second opinion. And I don't feel ashamed at all, it was just my experience ^_^

That's the thing about the imagination, it's a straight line to the subconscious. Sometimes our thoughts "bleed-out" into our perception. We imagine things, get psychosomatic sensations. 

• Like 2

iridescence
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's the thing about the imagination, it's a straight line to the subconscious. Sometimes our thoughts "bleed-out" into our perception. We imagine things, get psychosomatic sensations. 

I know what you say. A week ago I watched a horror movie trailer. And when I fell asleep, I heard a kid screaming just like in horror movies. But if I'm asking questions like these is because I want to hear more opinions. Maybe we don't share the same knowledge and I'm asking straight from my ignorance. Don't take things so personal, we're here to discuss ideas... not people :)

XenoFish
30 minutes ago, iridescence said:

I know what you say. A week ago I watched a horror movie trailer. And when I fell asleep, I heard a kid screaming just like in horror movies. But if I'm asking questions like these is because I want to hear more opinions. Maybe we don't share the same knowledge and I'm asking straight from my ignorance. Don't take things so personal, we're here to discuss ideas... not people :)

I dedicated a massive chunk of my life to the occult, was left massively disappointed. That's what happens when expectations and reality don't match. Then you spend more years researching and find all that stuff is psychological. When you lose faith in something you loved, it leaves deep wounds. You become hypercritical of claims, because you've seen b.s. before. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

XenoFish

I don't trust any of my past experiences. If I did then I would be the perfect target of the skeptics here. 

Though, giving up the very thing I enjoyed has basically ruined. It was fun, entertaining, but stupid and childish. There are no gods, ghost, spirits, or demons. Just figment of our imagination. 

The last "psychic" thing I did was tell someone that their mother was at peace, I hate hospitals....

Edited by XenoFish
  • Thanks 1

Habitat

14 minutes ago, iridescence said:

but I have some doubts that we are really that evolved to trust our senses.

As a rule of thumb, one has to trust one's senses, although we know there are, e.g., optical illusions that can confound us. They are the exception, our senses simply have to be trusted, or inertia ensues.

iridescence
7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't trust any of my past experiences. If I did then I would be the perfect target of the skeptics here. 

I don't care about what anyone says about me or my experiences. That's just me and my experiences. I don't claim to know something extra or have any special abilities. So you can laugh because I will laugh with you. I do this all the time. Sometimes we shouldn't take life so seriously.

Edited by iridescence
  • Like 3

XenoFish
1 minute ago, iridescence said:

I don't care about what anyone says about me or my experiences. That's just me and my experiences. I don't claim to know something extra or have any special abilities. So you can laugh because I will laugh with you. I do this all the time. Sometimes we shouldn't take life so seriously.

I do care. Because it's crazy to think you're actually talking to a ghost. That mental 'nudge' was something more and people take advantage of that or they go on some ego trip. I'm just me. I wish I could believe, but there are too many pitfalls in doing so. To many mistakes. If anything 'psychics' real one don't do anything special, it's just that their intuition is stronger and subconscious is more receptive. It's all information processing. Plus no one wants an honest opinion. What 'psychics' going to make money off telling some guy or gal that the person they're head over heels in love with might not work out. 

• Like 1

iridescence
3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I do care. Because it's crazy to think you're actually talking to a ghost. That mental 'nudge' was something more and people take advantage of that or they go on some ego trip. I'm just me. I wish I could believe, but there are too many pitfalls in doing so. To many mistakes. If anything 'psychics' real one don't do anything special, it's just that their intuition is stronger and subconscious is more receptive. It's all information processing. Plus no one wants an honest opinion. What 'psychics' going to make money off telling some guy or gal that the person they're head over heels in love with might not work out. 

I've actually had a crazy hypnopompic hallucination with a ghost smiling at me and right before it was gone, it bent its torso and jumped like a fish into the ocean :w00t: This happened one night right after I talked to someone about ghosts and I explained why the idea of afterlife doesn't make sense. So I'm aware it's just my brain but sometimes visions are so rich and complex that they leave me perplexed.

• Like 1