Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Expedition Bigfoot' to track down Sasquatch

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

I wonder how many have been killed by bears, looking for Bigfoot. Maybe the bears finished off Bigfoot as well !

Have you ever even been in the woods or not?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Have you ever even been in the woods or not?

lol...over here, it is called the "bush". My point was, how many people have gone into the woods looking for "Bigfoot", and found a dangerous bear instead. Unfortunate !

I wouldn't go looking for these creatures. If they're as strong as natives has claimed , why would I want to mess with it? Also, they allegedly avoid people anyway,  so it's unlikely they'd find any with all their commotion. 

Looking at this one again, there are several glaring opportunities where they COULD have collected scientific evidence if they had really wanted to. For example, there was an old abandoned  structure with a cow rib bone in it. They thought that something large had been sheltering in there. There was a roof on thei structure and there was enough of it left to keep out the elements, leaves, etc. There was a green piece of fir tree in there which did not warrant any comment either. They did not look for hairs, they tramp over everything so any evidence is going to be contaminated. They have even not brought out the sample bags in the later episodes. This series definitely now looks like another one of the TV shows which try to milk BF for everything they can. Thats really sad.

On the other hand, I hope he stays hidden for as long as possible because he will most certainly get cut up and disected by scientists if they catch or find one.

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

lol...over here, it is called the "bush". My point was, how many people have gone into the woods looking for "Bigfoot", and found a dangerous bear instead. Unfortunate !

Bears are highly dangerous, no question about it.  My point is that if you yourself have never been out in the woods for a time, or the bush, you don’t have the same frame of reference as those who have, and in a sense, don’t know what you’re talking about.

For example, only people who have been in the “bush” for a time understand the phenomenon (or natural experience) of animals communicating.  When you’ve been in the bush for a time you begin to recognize this thing and what it means.  Like, the birds of the trees communicate who’s stomping around and the other animals understand this communication.  If you’ve never been there you really don’t understand how this works.

Just now, Guyver said:

Bears are highly dangerous, no question about it.  My point is that if you yourself have never been out in the woods for a time, or the bush, you don’t have the same frame of reference as those who have, and in a sense, don’t know what you’re talking about.

For example, only people who have been in the “bush” for a time understand the phenomenon (or natural experience) of animals communicating.  When you’ve been in the bush for a time you begin to recognize this thing and what it means.  Like, the birds of the trees communicate who’s stomping around and the other animals understand this communication.  If you’ve never been there you really don’t understand how this works.

Don't worry, I have spent a fair bit of time in the bush, but the only bears I saw...…...

Koala_Bear_With_Baby.jpg

9 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Looking at this one again, there are several glaring opportunities where they COULD have collected scientific evidence if they had really wanted to. For example, there was an old abandoned  structure with a cow rib bone in it. They thought that something large had been sheltering in there. There was a roof on thei structure and there was enough of it left to keep out the elements, leaves, etc. There was a green piece of fir tree in there which did not warrant any comment either. They did not look for hairs, they tramp over everything so any evidence is going to be contaminated. They have even not brought out the sample bags in the later episodes. This series definitely now looks like another one of the TV shows which try to milk BF for everything they can. Thats really sad.

I agree.  Just enough evidence to keep the show going.   Much of it planted evidence I believe.  

Regarding my Hawke night vision scope ambient light image intensifier (200 GB pounds, 240 US dollars) which I mentioned earlier,

hawke-monocular_zps3a4ab391.jpg~original

for the record here are some pics I took with it, it's not super-duper military quality but is adequate for Bigfoot/UFO/ghost hunting, and it can also shoot videos.

It presents a nice black/white image, unlike the green image of other brands, and the only real gripe I've got is that it's not zoomable and is permanently fixed on 4x magnification.

Smeaton's Lighthouse in Plymouth at night, almost invisible to the naked eyeball but not to the Hawke-

nite2_zpsb5ae5fe2.jpg~original

And I can download the pics into my computer to enhance them with an imaging app like this- 

nite2b_zpsf39939eb.jpg~original

The 3 stars of Orion's belt. The Hawke is not exactly Hubble quality but its not bad, it also shows fainter stars not visible to the human eye-

nite-belt-orion2_zps5c5d9b29.jpg~origina

Hi ladies! The faint light of a nearby streetlamp lights everywhere up like a floodlight-

nite4_zps0b1d58b5.jpg~original

Edited by Crikey

Still on the subject of how to see what our eyes can't see, you probably already know this experiment, but pick up your TV remote and hold down any button and look at the small bulb in the end, and it looks as if the bulb is off. Now pick up any small digicam or camera phone etc and look through the viewfinder at the light and you'll see it flickering away!

Here's a pic of my remote which I took through the viewfinder, the light is purple, but to my naked eye it was invisible.

The moral is that if we're hunting UFO's or ghosts etc, it might be worthwhile to pan around while looking through our viewfinder (no need to start recording while doing it) in case the camera is seeing something that our eyes can't see.

Wait! I feel some quotes coming on!-

"God goes by me but I see him not" (Bible:Job 9:10)

"The Lord dwells in the unapproachable light which men can't see" (Bible:1 Tim 6:15)

"Men cannot see the bright light in the clouds" (Bible:Job 37:21)

remote-flash.jpg

Edited by Crikey
  • Haha 1

The notion of using eDNA to search for BF is not new. Here is a report from 2013 in which Meldrum collected material from a so-called nesting site.

https://cliffbarackman.com/sasquatch-nest-edna-study/

There was crowd sourcing to fund this eDNA testing. 

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sasquatch-nests-edna-study#/

There is money. There are samples. Where is the result? Nothing as of 2019.

https://cryptosightings.com/tag/dr-jeff-meldrum

My guess is that this is another case of no positive results.

There was sample collection. There was cash and then deafening silence.

• Like 2

No fossil record, no bones, no dna, no nothing.. Just bad footage, bad audio, eye witness blah blah. It does appear to be real but only to sell t-shirts and beer. However hmmm lol

Edited by STAR LORD
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 5:34 AM, Habitat said:

So they made 8 episodes about finding a bigfoot ? That's what I call "padding out". I like stories where the ending isn't a foregone conclusion, myself.

8 episodes over a three week camping trip in the middle of no where using analytics to determine the most likely places to find a Bigfoot based on the number of past sighting and time of year they took place, which is more than most other shows have done.

I enjoyed the show hopefully it gets renewed for a second season, I have to wonder though if they are camping in tents for three weeks how to they manage to keep so clean, after a week in the woods I am pretty damn grungy, I think the tent are props and they have some nice campers with showers etc... near by.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Socio said:

8 episodes over a three week camping trip in the middle of no where using analytics to determine the most likely places to find a Bigfoot based on the number of past sighting and time of year they took place, which is more than most other shows have done.

I enjoyed the show hopefully it gets renewed for a second season, I have to wonder though if they are camping in tents for three weeks how to they manage to keep so clean, after a week in the woods I am pretty damn grungy, I think the tent are props and they have some nice campers with showers etc... near by.

I agree.   

Having done a number of extended trips in the wild I can tell you it is not hard to stay clean.

Not having seen the show I can make a number of suggestions as to how this is done.

1. There is a large support staff that does nothing but handle laundry and provides hot water for showers. The staff do all of the cooking.
  2. The notion that they are in the middle of nowhere is probably an illusion. They could be in a spot just off of a road.
  3. They could be using helicopters to ferry goods in and out.
  4. They might be staying in a town or renting a ski condo and driving out to their site each day.

If you ever get to Nepal you will be stunned at some of the trekking companies that have porters that carry a dining room table and chairs out into the mountains to server meals to the trekkers. In Africa I've seen porters supply buckets of hot water so trekkers can wash their hair. If you have the cash you can make it work.

• Like 3

I haven't seen the show either but I can just imagine what it is like. I never hunted bigfoot ( :huh: ) but I hunt deer and moose here in Canada. There's one give away to show how fake most shows are. Just listen and you will realize how noisy "the hunters" are... try deer hunting that way and get back to me as to how many deer you get. They would be lucky to see a rabbit the way they are interacting/travelling through the woods and btw bears are no danger to those people either. Bears are dangerous when with cubs or when you sneak up on them so... the hunters are safe. :rolleyes:  

Edited by Candor
  • Like 2

Ol Footy is gonna be REALLY torqued-off when they finally find him, and he discovers how much money he's been screwed out of in proprietary rights alone over the decades, lol.:rolleyes:

Said it before, and I'll say it again, two words.......Yeti Crab.

We can find THAT by accident in an environment that spans roughly 75% OF THE PLANET, but can't seem to properly find, document, and demonstrably prove the existence of an alleged 6-7' tall, 400-500lbs, upright walking (alleged) ape-like creature most usually purported to be seen in the Pacific Northwest?

If your retort is "give it time", then I'm more that willing to do that, after all, look how much time it took for us to find the Yeti Crab THAT NOBODY WAS EVEN LOOKING FOR!!! Until the elusive ninja-like skilled beastie is demonstrably discovered however......don't feed the hillbillies.

Maybe that's the key, stop looking for it, and maybe it'll wash-up on the shores of Jamaica, covered in Hillbillies.

Edited by ~Onyx~
I had a thought
  • Like 2

I think we should spread the rumor that footie tastes like possum; then we'll get Jed and every other cracker* up the holler out lookin' for it.

*ETA: All respect due to Jed and the crackers.

Edited by Resume

• 2 weeks later...

In the last episode(8) they found a couple of what they thought were cinnebar mines. This mineral is very toxic to humans, and so they all gather around the entrance with only a passing comment on the lead-in path and any evidence to be found there. OK, so they stay safe, they get an expensive drone to go inside which develops electrical faults with the communications(unsurprisingly) deep within the mine.

To me, the mines look very used and even have a huge wood support at one entrance which I doubt Bigfoot would have erected. If I were them, I would be careful what lives in there 'cos its probably either military or alien.

Next time they are off somewhere else, to another area. Why not stay and investigate more in the same area now they know or suspect a Bigfoot presence?

• 1 year later...

Bigfoot fans get happy!  On Season 2, Episode 11 of Expedition Bigfoot, in their preview of the next episode, they claimed to have obtained evidence that proves Bigfoot exists.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed but not taking bets lol.  If they don’t have actual proof of Bigfoot next episode, I’m calling bs on the whole thing.  FWIW.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Guyver said:

Bigfoot fans get happy!  On Season 2, Episode 11 of Expedition Bigfoot, in their preview of the next episode, they claimed to have obtained evidence that proves Bigfoot exists.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed but not taking bets lol.  If they don’t have actual proof of Bigfoot next episode, I’m calling bs on the whole thing.  FWIW.

So, they're claiming they have obtained "proof" that footie exists and they're waiting to reveal it on an episode of a bigfoot reality show?

Prepared to be underwhelmed. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Guyver said:

Thanks for the update, Guyver.

I've been reading through the old posts and I must say - even as a BigFoot fan, this show must SUCK lol. Sorry to say it but, come on.
I would appreciate it if you can give us a heads what they bestow onto their fans. But if it didn't make Headline News already,, it's likely just click bait. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Resume said:

So, they're claiming they have obtained "proof" that footie exists and they're waiting to reveal it on an episode of a bigfoot reality show?

Prepared to be underwhelmed. 

Yup. I would be heavily that way. I'll predict it is as I suspected, click bait. Ratings must be low.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

If Bigfoots are real in the Americas, their bones would be found . 

Well, bones would be definitive proof.  I don’t know if that’s what their claiming to have found, but on a previous episode a lady claimed her father found some bones in a cave that looked human but were much larger than any human.  I guess we’ll have to wait and see.  I will watch the episode and report back.  If the show is not faked all the way through, they did get some pretty interesting infrared video, and found some footprints and hair.  When they found the hair they claimed it was not bear, deer, or elk.