Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

'Expedition Bigfoot' to track down Sasquatch

68 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

skliss

I set up the 1st one to tape...I'm always optimistic they'll work in a methodical way and look for real evidence. Gotta give them a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB

Good luck. I hope that they will find something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
54 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I predict they will film at night and won't have a professional tracker and bloodhounds with them.

I suspect you are right about this. :(

If there's a TV Series to be made, it will be mostly night-time infrared, with unexplained noises out of shot.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

I’m watching the first episode now.  It is similar to other shows like it that have been done before.  It reminds me of the Autumn Williams show that was done a couple decades ago.  They have enough budget to be using some pretty sophisticated  equipment.  It seems like it’s worth watching if you are into such things.  They have at least one piece of evidence in the form of a thermal image film of what they consider to be a sasquatch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnoferox

How is this any different from Finding Bigfoot? Even the composition of the team (3 male bigfooters, 1 female skeptic) is the same.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
16 hours ago, skliss said:

I set up the 1st one to tape...I'm always optimistic they'll work in a methodical way and look for real evidence. Gotta give them a chance. 

Why give them a chance? How many "expeditions' have we had now? How much evidence has been uncovered? 

I sincerely hope I'm wrong. But nothing will happen. Maybe a few crew  members will make some noise in the distance, make some tracks and maybe throw things.

Christ it's exactly like ghost hunting. Chasing nothing but your imagination and other peoples money.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Socio

I recorded it last night and will watch it today I admit I like these kind of shows.

However I would like to see one where they have a team of professional hunters and trackers and perhaps an animal biologist and or primatologist that does not go out on a one or two night investigation but goes out to the farthest reaches for two three months at a time.

If there is something to find it is not going to be found camping overnight just outside of town with a thermal camera and making howling noises.

 

 

Edited by Socio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
5 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

How is this any different from Finding Bigfoot? Even the composition of the team (3 male bigfooters, 1 female skeptic) is the same.

At least they’re not out in the woods at night making ridiculous howling noises and setting up disco lights.  So far...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
6 minutes ago, Guyver said:

At least they’re not out in the woods at night making ridiculous howling noises and setting up disco lights.  So far...

Or a bunch of fat hillbillies armed with shotguns.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem

I've always wondered what would actually happen if they did find anything tangible. 

Would it really stay secret enough to be revealed in a TV episode months later?

Wouldn't it be all over the world news within a few hours?

All these years and all these shows they have collectively found absolutely nothing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sakari
2 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

I've always wondered what would actually happen if they did find anything tangible. 

Would it really stay secret enough to be revealed in a TV episode months later?

Wouldn't it be all over the world news within a few hours?

All these years and all these shows they have collectively found absolutely nothing. 

That is not counting all of the "researchers" out there not on TV.

People must watch this stuff, or it would not get aired.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem
40 minutes ago, Sakari said:

That is not counting all of the "researchers" out there not on TV.

People must watch this stuff, or it would not get aired.

 

Absolutely. I know a few people that watch it.

I can't do it. It's all the same junk.

Finding Bigfoot?

It may as well be Haphazardly Looking for Bigfoot. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eternal Flame

I never get why people are so interrested in bigfoot ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tortugabob

Oh no, not another one of these loser shows.  Bigfoot doesn't exist. 

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

Hi! We're going out in the woods to find bigfoot and we're taking a whole film crew with us. *Sigh*. Hope one of the guys there with guns to guard against bears doesn't trip and accidentally shoot some guy over on the next ridge named Meldrum in the ****.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Hi! We're going out in the woods to find bigfoot and we're taking a whole film crew with us. *Sigh*. Hope one of the guys there with guns to guard against bears doesn't trip and accidentally shoot some guy over on the next ridge named Meldrum in the ****.

I actually hope he'd be pointing higher. :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
On 12/8/2019 at 11:54 AM, Hammerclaw said:

I predict they will film at night and won't have a professional tracker and bloodhounds with them.  

I thought testimony had shown that dogs are afraid of Sasquatch?!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
5 hours ago, The Eternal Flame said:

I never get why people are so interrested in bigfoot ?

A giant hairy intelligent ape smart but not quite human, are you kidding me?  I think it’s fascinating.  If it were real that would be amazing.  I mean, there is ample legitimate eyewitness testimony and of course documented tracks that skeptics choose to dismiss as all hoaxes....

Then you have all these creeps like whatshisname.....who tried to pull off a “Bigfoot discovery” news conference with a freakin fake Bigfoot.  I mean, what kind of idiot does it take to try to pull that one off?  

I’m just asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
17 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I thought testimony had shown that dogs are afraid of Sasquatch?!

To prove dogs are afraid of bigfoot, you would have to produce a bigfoot to show dogs are afraid of them. Just BS supported by more BS. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

To prove dogs are afraid of bigfoot, you would have to produce a bigfoot to show dogs are afraid of them. Just BS supported by more BS. 

I didn’t say prove.  I said testimony.  There’s a difference, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt221

Bigfoot coursing ........... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
On 12/9/2019 at 7:17 AM, ThereWeAreThen said:

Why give them a chance? How many "expeditions' have we had now? How much evidence has been uncovered? 

I sincerely hope I'm wrong. But nothing will happen. Maybe a few crew  members will make some noise in the distance, make some tracks and maybe throw things.

Christ it's exactly like ghost hunting. Chasing nothing but your imagination and other peoples money.

I'm the eternal optimist....I would like to see real evidence ...maybe these will be the lucky ones. I get to sit warm and snug in my own home while they are sleeping on the ground. Why not watch, I can always turn the channel.

I do like 2 things... 1) their approach is different in that they had a computer crunch the numbers on sightings and times of year and are going to a region with sightings right before the time period for them. Makes sense, why werent people already doing that? 2) the woman is actually a prominant primitologisy who discovered a species of lemurs. Oh and 3) they are using lidar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Resume
On 12/9/2019 at 9:53 PM, Guyver said:

I didn’t say prove.  I said testimony.  There’s a difference, right?

Yes, One is an inferential argument for a mathematical statement, then other a bald assertion.  Before assigning characteristics to an alleged novel taxon, one might first want to establish the existence of said taxon.

Edited by Resume
clarity
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.