Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

'Expedition Bigfoot' to track down Sasquatch

62 posts in this topic

Guyver
1 hour ago, Habitat said:

I wonder how many have been killed by bears, looking for Bigfoot. Maybe the bears finished off Bigfoot as well !

Have you ever even been in the woods or not?

Habitat
3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Have you ever even been in the woods or not?

lol...over here, it is called the "bush". My point was, how many people have gone into the woods looking for "Bigfoot", and found a dangerous bear instead. Unfortunate !

LeonKennedy

I wouldn't go looking for these creatures. If they're as strong as natives has claimed , why would I want to mess with it? Also, they allegedly avoid people anyway,  so it's unlikely they'd find any with all their commotion. 

ocpaul20

Looking at this one again, there are several glaring opportunities where they COULD have collected scientific evidence if they had really wanted to. For example, there was an old abandoned  structure with a cow rib bone in it. They thought that something large had been sheltering in there. There was a roof on thei structure and there was enough of it left to keep out the elements, leaves, etc. There was a green piece of fir tree in there which did not warrant any comment either. They did not look for hairs, they tramp over everything so any evidence is going to be contaminated. They have even not brought out the sample bags in the later episodes. This series definitely now looks like another one of the TV shows which try to milk BF for everything they can. Thats really sad.

On the other hand, I hope he stays hidden for as long as possible because he will most certainly get cut up and disected by scientists if they catch or find one.

Guyver
1 hour ago, Habitat said:

lol...over here, it is called the "bush". My point was, how many people have gone into the woods looking for "Bigfoot", and found a dangerous bear instead. Unfortunate !

Bears are highly dangerous, no question about it.  My point is that if you yourself have never been out in the woods for a time, or the bush, you don’t have the same frame of reference as those who have, and in a sense, don’t know what you’re talking about.

For example, only people who have been in the “bush” for a time understand the phenomenon (or natural experience) of animals communicating.  When you’ve been in the bush for a time you begin to recognize this thing and what it means.  Like, the birds of the trees communicate who’s stomping around and the other animals understand this communication.  If you’ve never been there you really don’t understand how this works.

Habitat
Just now, Guyver said:

Bears are highly dangerous, no question about it.  My point is that if you yourself have never been out in the woods for a time, or the bush, you don’t have the same frame of reference as those who have, and in a sense, don’t know what you’re talking about.

For example, only people who have been in the “bush” for a time understand the phenomenon (or natural experience) of animals communicating.  When you’ve been in the bush for a time you begin to recognize this thing and what it means.  Like, the birds of the trees communicate who’s stomping around and the other animals understand this communication.  If you’ve never been there you really don’t understand how this works.

Don't worry, I have spent a fair bit of time in the bush, but the only bears I saw...…...

Koala_Bear_With_Baby.jpg

Guyver

Lol.  Nice one Habitat.

Myles
9 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Looking at this one again, there are several glaring opportunities where they COULD have collected scientific evidence if they had really wanted to. For example, there was an old abandoned  structure with a cow rib bone in it. They thought that something large had been sheltering in there. There was a roof on thei structure and there was enough of it left to keep out the elements, leaves, etc. There was a green piece of fir tree in there which did not warrant any comment either. They did not look for hairs, they tramp over everything so any evidence is going to be contaminated. They have even not brought out the sample bags in the later episodes. This series definitely now looks like another one of the TV shows which try to milk BF for everything they can. Thats really sad.

I agree.  Just enough evidence to keep the show going.   Much of it planted evidence I believe.  

Crikey

Regarding my Hawke night vision scope ambient light image intensifier (200 GB pounds, 240 US dollars) which I mentioned earlier,

hawke-monocular_zps3a4ab391.jpg~original

for the record here are some pics I took with it, it's not super-duper military quality but is adequate for Bigfoot/UFO/ghost hunting, and it can also shoot videos.

It presents a nice black/white image, unlike the green image of other brands, and the only real gripe I've got is that it's not zoomable and is permanently fixed on 4x magnification.

Smeaton's Lighthouse in Plymouth at night, almost invisible to the naked eyeball but not to the Hawke-

nite2_zpsb5ae5fe2.jpg~original

And I can download the pics into my computer to enhance them with an imaging app like this- 

nite2b_zpsf39939eb.jpg~original

The 3 stars of Orion's belt. The Hawke is not exactly Hubble quality but its not bad, it also shows fainter stars not visible to the human eye-

nite-belt-orion2_zps5c5d9b29.jpg~origina

Hi ladies! The faint light of a nearby streetlamp lights everywhere up like a floodlight-

nite4_zps0b1d58b5.jpg~original

Edited by Crikey

Crikey

Still on the subject of how to see what our eyes can't see, you probably already know this experiment, but pick up your TV remote and hold down any button and look at the small bulb in the end, and it looks as if the bulb is off. Now pick up any small digicam or camera phone etc and look through the viewfinder at the light and you'll see it flickering away!

Here's a pic of my remote which I took through the viewfinder, the light is purple, but to my naked eye it was invisible.

The moral is that if we're hunting UFO's or ghosts etc, it might be worthwhile to pan around while looking through our viewfinder (no need to start recording while doing it) in case the camera is seeing something that our eyes can't see.

Wait! I feel some quotes coming on!-

"God goes by me but I see him not" (Bible:Job 9:10)

"The Lord dwells in the unapproachable light which men can't see" (Bible:1 Tim 6:15)

"Men cannot see the bright light in the clouds" (Bible:Job 37:21)

remote-flash.jpg

Edited by Crikey
  • Haha 1

stereologist

The notion of using eDNA to search for BF is not new. Here is a report from 2013 in which Meldrum collected material from a so-called nesting site.

https://cliffbarackman.com/sasquatch-nest-edna-study/

There was crowd sourcing to fund this eDNA testing. 

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sasquatch-nests-edna-study#/

There is money. There are samples. Where is the result? Nothing as of 2019.

https://cryptosightings.com/tag/dr-jeff-meldrum

My guess is that this is another case of no positive results.

There was sample collection. There was cash and then deafening silence.

• Like 1

STAR LORD

No fossil record, no bones, no dna, no nothing.. Just bad footage, bad audio, eye witness blah blah. It does appear to be real but only to sell t-shirts and beer. However hmmm lol

Edited by STAR LORD
  • Like 1