Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman injured by her own tigers at sanctuary

Still Waters

It was a frightening scene at an animal sanctuary in Moorpark as the founder was seriously injured by several tigers during a special event for donors.

Wildlife Environmental Conservation founder Patty Perry suffered several cuts and puncture wounds.

"A lot of people I'm sure that saw it were horrified thinking the worst. She said it was obvious they were playing with her because they do love her. She raised them from babies," said Michael Bradbury, friend and WEC attorney.

Bradbury said Perry went into the tiger cage as she does every day.

https://abc7.com/tigers-seriously-injure-woman-at-animal-sanctuary-in-moorpark/5739726/

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

They are nevertheless wild animals. No matter how long you've been around them, no matter how much they "love" you, you should never turn your back or drop your guard. This actually happens a lot more now that people put themselves in such close contact with them.

• Like 5

We see this more and more as animal lovers indulge themselves and their ideals beyond the fair line of animal behavior norms. It is a good thing for us as humans to become more enlightened as to the impacts we have on animals for good and ill. It is good to be kinder and treat them better as we learn better.

But, it is wrong headed to willfully put them in situations where their "normal" can put them at risk for euthanasia. Just so she can go in to their pen daily for her own personal feel good time :( 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Being kept in the enclosure all their lives, they'll have a good tantrum now and again, fluffy bunnies to tigers and elephants, give a bunny the claws and fangs and the dastardly wabbit will mess anybody up weal good... 

~

• Like 3

100% of their body is a weapon designed to kill something way bigger than a human... and you decide do play with them, lol

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2

You can compel a being to act against their nature for only so long before gives and when that happens, the results may not be...good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Just so she can go in to their pen daily for her own personal feel good time :( 

She was playing with an animal that is a wonderfully designed killing machine. The claws and teeth on your housecat can do damage if you make it mad. Nature is to be respected. It won't be belittled. And that includes National Parks where the animals are not enclosed. That doesn't stop people from approaching them.

• Like 2

Women always say I am sexist when I say this, like it or not, maybe it was that time of the month for her, blood makes predators instinctively become the predators that they were evolved as. 

~

They're freakin' cats, like my house cat, a partially domesticated predator that occasionally scratches and bites me while being played with. Sometimes she's cranky and lashes out. The result is little scratches and little bites. This ladies "pets" are really large, undomesticated megafauna. When they do the same as my cat, it's going to be lacerations and deep puncture wounds to what part of her they get at. She, like so many people like her who become complacent dealing with big cats, was a fugitive from the law of averages and it caught up with her. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, susieice said:

They are nevertheless wild animals. No matter how long you've been around them, no matter how much they "love" you, you should never turn your back or drop your guard. This actually happens a lot more now that people put themselves in such close contact with them.

Have you seen the South African fella who has a sanctuary? Think hes known as the Lion Whisperer. Got his own tv show. Anyway!

I was watching it before and he was literally playing and laying down with fully grown lions, hyenas etc. I was flabbergasted! 

Didn't really have a point you were right just thought I say it.:tsu:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Have you seen the South African fella who has a sanctuary? Think hes known as the Lion Whisperer. Got his own tv show. Anyway!

I was watching it before and he was literally playing and laying down with fully grown lions, hyenas etc. I was flabbergasted! 

Didn't really have a point you were right just thought I say it.:tsu:

Well...they are so cute and gentle:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/africa/woman-killed-lion-sanctuary-intl/index.html

you know, it's inevitable with big cats...

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Sad 1