Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

homemade spinning gyroscope telephone

trevor borocz johnson

The attachment of two spinning gyroscope sensor boxes with the triangle piece acting in a circuit to operate a second box the same way. The rod in between the boxes would be thin steel and would be held up in place appropriatley along the line or circuit transfer.

• Like 1

Here is a more appropriate idea for the invention. The gyroscope at A pushes out the triangle piece at B. This lifts the little rod at C acting on the balance at D and lowering the weight at E. The weight then pulls on the wheels at F and G simultaneously which lifts the bar at H into the triangle piece at I pulling it out. Perhaps an amplifier could be made by having a heavier gyroscope and springs in the second box balanced by a amplifier spring pushing up on the bar at H.
Edited by trevor borocz johnson
  • Like 1

Are you planning on marketing this to Elon Musk? I think you may have reinvented the telephone there. Two cardboard boxes linked by strings would drive Apple and all the rest of the out of the market. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, acute said:

It will need to be capacitively isolated to prevent a ground loop.

Well, yes.. OBVIOUSLY. 

Unless, of course, you use an inductive winding ? That would prevent the ground loop, but at the risk of creating a ground rectangle ? :unsure2: 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Unless, of course, you use an inductive winding ?

With respect..... You are forgetting non-linear resonance.

27 minutes ago, acute said:

With respect..... You are forgetting non-linear resonance.

Not at all.. just incorporate negative feedback into the Inductive circuit at the resonant frequency - this should dampen out the resonance. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

just incorporate negative feedback into the Inductive circuit at the resonant frequency - this should dampen out the resonance. 

Good idea!  I like it.

I like it a lot.

33 minutes ago, acute said:

Good idea!  I like it.

I like it a lot.

You know... a though occurs to me. Rather than using pure inductance, we could always use a pentode valve, with the screen grid capacatively linked to the cathode ? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

You know... a though occurs to me. Rather than using pure inductance, we could always use a pentode valve, with the screen grid capacatively linked to the cathode ? 

We could triode-strap it and add a DC bypass, but where's the power coming from?

14 minutes ago, acute said:

@RoofGardener  I'll get back to you.

I'm still crunching the reactance numbers.

Well, indeed. They are critical. 

Umm.. can you remind me ? 

What is it we're trying to build again ? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

What is it we're trying to build again ?

I have no idea!  I thought you were taking care of that?

Edited by acute

OMG... the trains in motion, but the driver has been left back at the station :o  

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, acute said:

It will need to be capacitively isolated to prevent a ground loop.

Not if you put stabilizers on it 

• Haha 1

Dude needs to start a blog and stop polluting this forum with his "inventions". Randomly attaching a gyroscope to things and claiming it can do anything you want is not science.

Edited by moonman

You won't believe it by my simple setup with a cut in half straw and two cardboard triangles actually puts out sound in the orange gyro! the orange one barely spins and the green gyro spins hard. I play the music into the hard spinning one and you can here it in the orange gyro box.