Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The stone-pelting ghost of Sombek

Eldorado

"It all started on the night of November 19. Sunil Ghalley, 15, was with his grandfather Bhagilal Ghalley, 76, in a makeshift hut with cattle far from home in the woods.

"At around 7pm when they were sleeping, stones hit the roof of the hut. It would not stop and continued through the night.

"They made away to a relative’s hut nearby. But the pelting continued so they went to a nearby village for the night.

"“I went to the grazing land next day,” Sabir Ghalley said. “The pelting started at 3:30pm. I was shocked.”

"Sabir and his son stayed at the hut until 5pm that day and went to their relative’s hut. Pelting continued with bigger stones this time. They had to run home.

“Something was chasing us. It followed us all the way,” he said."

Full story at Kuensel Online (National news daily for Bhutan): http://www.kuenselonline.com/stone-pelting-ghost-of-sombek/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here we go again with a possible paranormal stone pelting claim. And another unthorough article.

Got to do it:

Papameter  55% Paranormal   45% Natural or Hoax

• Thanks 1

Stones being hurled seemingly out of nowhere is not an unusual phenomenon. It happens if certain (weather) conditions are just right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Stones being hurled seemingly out of nowhere is not an unusual phenomenon. It happens if certain (weather) conditions are just right.

"One time, Sunil was returning from market with his uncle in a Bolero. The windows were closed. There were people in the vehicle. Stones hit Sunil even inside the Bolero.

"The Bolero driver, Tandin Dorji, attested to it. There were several stones in his vehicle when they reached home."

http://www.kuenselonline.com/stone-pelting-ghost-of-sombek/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"One time, Sunil was returning from market with his uncle in a Bolero. The windows were closed. There were people in the vehicle. Stones hit Sunil even inside the Bolero.

"The Bolero driver, Tandin Dorji, attested to it. There were several stones in his vehicle when they reached home."

http://www.kuenselonline.com/stone-pelting-ghost-of-sombek/

The stones could have got in there any number of ways. I'm also well aware that stories such as this one become exaggerated over time, especially when the people telling them are superstitious to begin with. I don't for a moment believe that the kid has any kind of 'super power'.

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Grammatical correction.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I’m thinking the poorly written article was trying to say it followed the people to a new hut making the weather explanation an even longer shot.

Not unusual you say?

For some reason now when click on the link I get a much richer article. I understand the skeptics position but I have come to believe there are real things in remoter areas of the world where events really occur that would leave are head shaking. When actual western researches report Unexplained Mysteries then the hard-core skeptic calls them gullible and not thorough. 

Since there is no information let’s update the Papameter:

Papameter   65% Paranormal 35% Normal or Hoax

34 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Not unusual you say?

There have been numerous such incidents. All kinds of things have seemingly fallen from the sky. Frogs, seeds, coins, you name it. In the case of rocks, it could be weather-related (winds, small tornadoes), volcanic activity, fragmenting meteors, even pranksters. Admittedly, this particular phenomenon doesn't seem to have been studied much, but that does not mean there isn't a plausible explanation for it.

18 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

There have been numerous such incidents. All kinds of things have seemingly fallen from the sky. Frogs, seeds, coins, you name it. In the case of rocks, it could be weather-related (winds, small tornadoes), volcanic activity, fragmenting meteors, even pranksters. Admittedly, this particular phenomenon doesn't seem to have been studied much, but that does not mean there isn't a plausible explanation for it.

They is alot of poltergeist activity who relate on stone trowing it was also associated with witchcraft they must be spell for that?

Edited by The Eternal Flame

• 1 year later...

A Poltergeist in Bhutan

The original story was written in December 2019 by Kuensel Online journalist, Rajesh Rai. Kuensel is the national newspaper of the Kingdom of Bhutan and it features regional news reports in the English language. Some of the photos in this post were kindly provided by the very helpful Rajesh and they remain his copyright.

Rajesh’s article described how a stone throwing ghost had returned to terrorize the Ghalley family from Sombek village in Sangachholing, Samtse. The Samtse district is in remote south-western Bhutan, very close to the Indian border and politically quite a sensitive area.

The paranormal pelting had commenced on the night of November 19, when Sunil Ghalley, 15, and his grandfather Bhagilal Ghalley, 76, were sleeping in a remote cattle hut. Around 7 pm, stones started to hit their roof. Startled, they made their way to a nearby relative’s hut but the pelting continued. Now genuinely scared, they went to a nearby village for the night.

The next day Sunil’s father, Sabir Ghalley, arrived at their grazing land and was shocked when the stones began to fall again around 3.30 pm. Sabir and Sunil then moved again to a relative’s hut only to be hit with even larger stones.

“Something was chasing us. It followed us all the way,” Sabir said.

More Info HERE:

https://thefortean.com/2021/02/01/a-poltergeist-in-bhutan/

On 2/1/2021 at 3:15 AM, macqdor said:

that's a big rock!

I've heard enough to be a believer in this phenomena. I'm mind boggled once again. What an amazing universe beyond our normal senses. There are things to these spiritual and shamanic abilities that are just way way beyond our modern science. 

• Haha 2

Its weird that some people want to jump to it must be a ghost a spooky something paranormal before eliminating any down to earth far more likely prosaic explanations like neighborhoodlums throwing rocks would be one starting point to eliminate l.