Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Derek Acorah - Fake?

Phenomenon

I joined the forum on his website and linked into the debates going on here about him...inviting him to get involved and "fight his corner"

When i logged on the following day,even though the site accepted my username and password i was told i was not allowed access to the forum

http://www.derekacorah.org/forum/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=3

If someone could go in and see if the post is still there i'd appreciate it.....it's in "general" discussion.I used the username ...scepticalone

Thanks

527679[/snapback]

Sorry I tried to register to have a look, but it would appear that no one is allowed to register a new account now. Wonder why?

no.gif

529844[/snapback]

Thanks Thistle....strange eh ?

Do you think they may be having 2nd thoughts about a forum because they have seen that they can be showed up for what they are on there ?

I love Derek......at least you have the balls to come on and argue for him anyways.Unfortunately sweating a bit is no proof of honesty....he is getting well paid no doubt so hes earning well for every drop.I thin k if you read through this thread and theres a couple more here also...from people that have seen him live there can be little doubt that he is a fake !!!!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sasha_S8

• RogueWave

• I_Love_Derek_2005

• Beckys_Mom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fake! Full stop! Come on people this is Tv at its worst? I like it when Derek gets Possessed! Wot a crock of s**t laugh.gif

He's a con merchant thats all. He's making a packet out of peoples misfortunes, what a slimeball......... mad.gif

521412[/snapback]

He is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REPEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A con-merchant!!!!!!!!!!! he's just gifted and talented angry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gif plus next time u watch MH look at how much he perspires and how the energy is drained from him!!!!!!!!!!

529762[/snapback]

Billie! your a young lass with a long way to go, don't believe what you read and see on the telly unless it's credible!

Ps. Sorry if i've offended you. blush.gif

Fake! Full stop! Come on people this is Tv at its worst? I like it when Derek gets Possessed! Wot a crock of s**t laugh.gif

He's a con merchant thats all. He's making a packet out of peoples misfortunes, what a slimeball......... mad.gif

521412[/snapback]

He is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REPEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A con-merchant!!!!!!!!!!! he's just gifted and talented angry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gif plus next time u watch MH look at how much he perspires and how the energy is drained from him!!!!!!!!!!

529762[/snapback]

Billie! your a young lass with a long way to go, don't believe what you read and see on the telly unless it's credible!

Ps. Sorry if i've offended you. blush.gif

530765[/snapback]

no offence taken! but i am still stuck. u c i believe in derek and unless i c 4 myself dat he is a fake i will always believe in him and be totally fasinated in the work that he does!! thumbsup.gif

I joined the forum on his website and linked into the debates going on here about him...inviting him to get involved and "fight his corner"

When i logged on the following day,even though the site accepted my username and password i was told i was not allowed access to the forum

http://www.derekacorah.org/forum/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=3

If someone could go in and see if the post is still there i'd appreciate it.....it's in "general" discussion.I used the username ...scepticalone

Thanks

527679[/snapback]

Sorry I tried to register to have a look, but it would appear that no one is allowed to register a new account now. Wonder why?

no.gif

529844[/snapback]

hi thistle i like the wee man pokin the other! lol

Right then according to you badpsychics and the web site www.badpsychics.co.uk he is a fake well im more into believing him. The channeling may be fake, it may be put on, he may be asking but for the love of god dont be like so many others and judge him on what ONE person says or what a small percentage say because if you are predudice before you go to one of his shows you will not enjoy it...and having been to one of his shows i know what he can do. last night March 22 he was in the glasgow royal concert hall where by the first spirit he came two belonged to a couple up the back and some of the stuff he came up with HE COULD NEVER KNOW UNLESS HE HAD BEEN SPYING ON THEM FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS! half of the stuff was very personal and could only have been known by a spirit who has been about the place. I dont care what you or anyone else say you can put no dout in my mind that he is a true medium...well he looks to be a medium small...:-p rolleyes.gif sorry got carryed away but he is funny, he is truthful and as was said and i quote

A believer needs no proof needed

A non-believer no proof is ever enough

thank you and good night

J

angry.gif
Just to add, I received an email from his wife/manager threatening legal action if I don't remove it! The facts are correct so the article stays.

480043[/snapback]

angry.gif how could you say Derek Acorah is fake he is not fake he nos want he is doing you have his powers and see for your self want he goes throw with sh** and all no he is doing hes best to help other with the histroy with out going world want happen in that time . w00t.gif hes not fake want so ever .

481294[/snapback]

sorry but catch a grip man he's not THAT gud

He is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REPEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A con-merchant!!!!!!!!!!! he's just gifted and talented angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif plus next time u watch MH look at how much he perspires and how the energy is drained from him!!!!!!!!!!

sorry but my veiws on derek now are sceptical. i believe him to a certain extent

After many years of seeing Derek Acorah on TV and being quite taken in by the gift he has, i went to watch him live at the floral hall in Southport and to be quite honest it was the biggest bucket of bull**** i had to listen too!

The only thing he knew was the fact that he was taking £18 of my hard earned cash away from me and off  the other poor souls who had the unfortunate luck of being ripped of by this conman.

Think about it..... He is a English version of them American religious

fanatics who appeal for your money on TV to see the light of jesus enter you heart and he will heal you! and connect you with your loved ones! "b******s!!" the difference is he takes your money before you hear the sh*** he spurns!

501582[/snapback]

here here

I LOVE DEREK

I dont think i've seen a bigger u-turn since the egyptians tried to follow moses across the red sea.............(or shud that be the dead sea ?) whatever

Damn, too bad it doesn't air in Canada.

So SaRuMaN, has posted on behalf of Simon Peters himself. original.gif  That was a personal story, and I commend you for sharing it.  The majority in here seem to think badly of Derek... maybe he does fake somethings that he cannot discern through mediumship, using his experiences to try and give a proper reading. 

Maybe the negativity in the room is inhibiting him from getting the best reading for a person.  Perhaps it worked well with Simon (following his story above) because of his Powerful Egyptian Spirit Guide, which strengthened the link between Derek Acorah and Simon Peters.  Does this make any sense to anyone?

Thus giving Derek the strength to delve further into the future, giving Simon a more accurate reading.

518406[/snapback]

i am soooo confused i believe u yet i am drawn to wat other ppl say about him and not the gud wans at that. i wish i cud get my head arowd wat every1 says becos i am confused beyond life itself i believe that derek is an excellent paranormal/phychic/medium but i sometimes get the feelin he is fake or something i cant express wat i need to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its so bloody frustrating!!!!!!!!

I LOVE DEREK

I dont think i've seen a bigger u-turn since the egyptians tried to follow moses across the red sea.............(or shud that be the dead sea ?) whatever

538649[/snapback]

its not my fault i jus dont no who to believe!!!!!!! but i have made up my mind that unless i am provin otherwise Derek acorah is an excellent medium. about the sexy thing bout derek acorah i take that back i was jus kinda awestruck

so he's back to being an excellent medium again is he ????????

I like your decisiveness ILD original.gif

Hi all

I personally think Derek has some psychic ability, its just that he has fallen pray to the beast that is Living TV, he has fallen in a hole he cant get out of, and sold his soul to that money and fame monster, and has shot him self in the foot.

Living TV is about exploiting the easily lead, such as all the Most haunted extremist fans you see on Most Haunted live, that will buy and believe anything they are told, so Living TV is taking advantage of that, and to cash in on the blind faith folk, that Most haunted has given birth to.

It seems to me that Derek acorah die hard fans, are the same as religious extremists, they use the words love and light a lot, but yet seem to direct hate, anger and brutal insults at anyone that questions them or there God, and in the Derek fan case, there God is Derek. Your find most people that will defend anything to do with Most haunted, are not the brightest of sparks, and would believe that the earth was flat if Derek told them it was. I Started a thread on the DA forums a while back about the new BBC three show Shirley Ghostman, and got censored. The viciousness that went on there against that show because it made fun of the easily lead, and TV mediums was unbelievable. They could not see that it was just a joke, and not to be taken seriously, and where acting like enraged gorillas, not very love and light I dont think.

What’s also disturbing is most of these folks have read a book or two of Derek's and now think they are a psychic, and then call them selves Parapsychologists, its embarrassing to the psychic world.

All the best

Faeden

fake.

crap.

and a bad actor to boot.

so he's back to being an excellent medium again is he ????????

I like your decisiveness ILD original.gif

538683[/snapback]

thanks blush.gif i think lol

yes but not exactly excellent but more like 50% real 50% fake

thumbsup.gif god bless

Edited by I_Love_Derek

Does any body else notice that since i have cum on here and i say God Bless all the tym that The progammes shown of most haunted That Derek Acorah keeps saying it as well? its well annoyin'!!!!!!

God Bless thumbsup.gif

Hey people! Im new here so be nice lol!

Hmm i can understand why people think hes a fake. But however i have first hand experience that there is something to his gift. I recently went to one of his live shows in Southampton. I was just going there with my mum and a few of my friends, to see what it would be like. I wasnt expecting anything to happen. Buuut it did lol. It was the middle of the second half and after a very unconvincing reading i was starting to turn more and more skeptic. Until he said my Great grandmothers name. Whats interesting was it was a surname. "Mrs King" he said and with a connection to the name "Elsie" Who is my Nan's name. So i..err was pretty gobsmacked! But what was interesting was my Great Gran (mrs King) was a very respected lady and would always refer to herself as "Mrs King" Not by her first name.

He then went on to mention so many more details about our family, including pets etc that you would not find on any other source. Even the internet. But what he told me shocked me. He mentioned little things that were quite specific and that no one else would know. Unless they had cameras up around my house and that could read my mind. - Unlikely! But also, just like he told Simon, he said that i have "innate psychic abilitys" and that one day i would make a great medium. He said it was on my "spiritual agenda" I have been told this before, so i was not entirely shocked by it. I have had encounters with spirit many times, that i cannot explain. Now looking back at the tape of the show, i can see that maybe at times he was cold reading as my mum tended to give a few things away. But he got all the names correct and even came up with some surnames.

Now i am currently developing my skills further. But one thing is, i am now the happiest that i have ever been. And from Dereks reading it has given me hope. I know you may not believe what i say and i accept that. ANyway i just wanted to share my experience with you all. happy.gif

Thanks for that AA

Pity he lies like hell on tv then isn't it....maybe not lies but strings it out a bit.I respect what you say but if you read through all the posts (and this is not the only one) about him you will see a few that have also seen him live and caught him out in his trickery.

There is a post about Derren Browne read that ...All that you said can be done.I think that when he is visiting a city he will have his accomplices dig up as much as they can on some well known person around the area .

Thats quite true and i dont rule out the possibilities of that. I also read an article about him making up the name "Acorah" or something? It was very interesting though. The theory was that if he made up that name, he could be lying about other things too. Ah its all confusing! rolleyes.gif However he did say that my sisters doll (random i know, he got the name correct too! mellow.gif ) would be moved by the spirit of my great grandmother into the fridge mellow.gif It didnt happen but it did end up on top of the fridge a few days later. Which was kinda weird. Everyone in the house swears it wasnt them. but it could of been... disgust.gif

Also another thing he picked up on was that there were 2 spirit ladys. He did an "impression" so to speak, of one of them. And it was quite weird as he got her personality very well. lol. Plus he also got how they both died. One was in care away from the family, and one died very suddenly. What amazed me, was that he told us that my mother was there when they both passed away. Which was true. I didn't even know that! ....Finally (lol) my best friend was also with me and since she ws quite close to my family, she got a message as well. She was told that the belly peircing she wanted would not look pretty. But the bird tatoo on her ankle would look nice. How an accomplice would dig that up i'll never know. happy.gif

Thats quite true and i dont rule out the possibilities of that. I also read an article about him making up the name "Acorah" or something? It was very interesting though. The theory was that if he made up that name, he could be lying about other things too. Ah its all confusing!  rolleyes.gif  However he did say that my sisters doll (random i know, he got the name correct too!  mellow.gif ) would be moved by the spirit of my great grandmother into the fridge  mellow.gif It didnt happen but it did end up on top of the fridge a few days later. Which was kinda weird. Everyone in the house swears it wasnt them. but it could of been... disgust.gif

Also another thing he picked up on was that there were 2 spirit ladys. He did an "impression" so to speak, of one of them. And it was quite weird as he got her personality very well. lol. Plus he also got how they both died. One was in care away from the family, and one died very suddenly. What amazed me, was that he told us that my mother was there when they both passed away. Which was true. I didn't even know that! ....Finally (lol) my best friend was also with me and since she ws quite close to my family, she got a message as well. She was told that the belly peircing she wanted would not look pretty. But the bird tatoo on her ankle would look nice. How an accomplice would dig that up i'll never know.  happy.gif

548566[/snapback]

Acorah is a made up name of his his surname used to be johnston. So many other ppll in 'show business' have changed there names for 1 reason or another for example muhammed ali his real name is cassius clay. I think derek changed it because he was more well known for football b4 he becme a medium and he changed it because he didnt want o be known as the footballer who suddenly got phcysic powers. thats just wat i fink but i cud be wrong but i do no he changed his name!!

God Bless thumbsup.gif

Hey peeps, newbie here!

Has anybody heard about the mischievous couple in the audience of one of the Most Haunted Live shows...? For a laugh they spoke about a made up ghost linked to the location within earshot of derek to see if he'd mention it....he was later "possessed" by it! Good grief! rolleyes.gif I'll post that article later...very funny!

I'm slacking at work and this forum caught my attention as I am not sure about this Acorah fella! I have watched a lot of Most Haunteds and even had a few DVDs but not cos I'm convinced its all real....just cos I think its good fun! (And the amateur dramatics are SO entertaining!)

tongue.gif

Here is the truth about the Name Acorah

http://www.jonscelebworld.com/BadPsychics/...rahExposed.html

And Samantha, WOW you are stunning!

But your info is a bit off.

The who Kreed Kafer thing was exposed by me on my site, here is the original story

http://www.jonscelebworld.com/BadPsychics/...KreedKafer.html

For anyone who watched the last MHL, and remember the bit where Stuart got hit on the head by something, well this was all part of a coverup.

If you want to know the truth about what happened, including what happened when the show went off air, then here you go

http://www.jonscelebworld.com/BadPsychics/...d/Coingate.html

Enjoy

Oh woah! ! Thats your site??? I love it!! I was reading it at work yesterday while it was quiet - the commentaries on the live shows had me in stitches! Fantastic stuff!

Sorry if my info was a bit off key - but you get the idea....thats why I was gonna paste the link, in case I had left stuff out!

Do you know what else I find really funny. I think it was the show where they were investigating Dick Turpin (Mary loves Dick! LOL) ....ahem.... anyway, they were outside and Derek supposedly became possessed by an evil spirit...but he still managed to cling onto his umbrella, even when he "collapsed" !

What do we learn from this? Not even evil spirits can ruin a mediums hair on live TV!

IN any case thanks for posting those links to your site People need to see them, they're awesome! And thanks for the compliment too (teehee) laugh.gif

Edited by samanthauk23

grin2.gif Samantha....you're even more stunning when you talk dirty yes.gif Ahem, anyways for anyone who thinks MHL Is a good real show just watch French and Saunders version....almost haunted nearly live....you'll never be able to watch it seriously again.......Dawn French as Acorah being possesed is the funniest thing i've seen in years.....after Brents charity dance grin2.gifgrin2.gif