Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Derek Acorah - Fake?

Phenomenon

Seriously. I think you should marry him. That way you can be graced with his awesome abilities 24 hours a day.lol

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sasha_S8

• RogueWave

• I_Love_Derek_2005

• Beckys_Mom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why isn't the old crooner getting much airtime on M/Haunted any more..? Maybe the public are just sick of his theatricals...! The guy's a joker..!

Derek Acorah is an unbelieveable fake but thats only on MOST HAUNTED everywhere else or any shows he does without them are excellent

599880[/snapback]

occe a fake always a fake

if he has/had real abilities, why wud he need to fake them on most haunted? surely he wud just use his REAL abilities? rolleyes.gif

599883[/snapback]

ILoveDerek....can u please answer this...thanks thumbsup.gif

Edited by LittlePrincess

Derek Acorah is an unbelieveable fake but thats only on MOST HAUNTED everywhere else or any shows he does without them are excellent 

Strange then that he managed to communicate with a cow and I do mean a female of the bovine species in one of his live shows w00t.gifrofl.gif

fair enough have your opinion, but I don't think there is any need to get personal about a man's character. You started off talking about Derek Akorah then insulted Simon Peters? for what reason did you have to insult his character? he won't be the first medium to get a message from another medium so what has him being a shy man got to do with anything? I can't speak for Derek Akorah as I have never seen him but leave Simon Peters out of it.

fair enough have your opinion, but I don't think there is any need to get personal about a man's character. You started off talking about Derek Akorah then insulted Simon Peters? for what reason did you have to insult his character? he won't be the first medium to get a message from another medium so what has him being a shy man got to do with anything? I can't speak for Derek Akorah as I have never seen him but leave Simon Peters out of it.

605288[/snapback]

I assume that is intended for phenomenon, mandy2403... hmm.gif

Once, perhaps, twice I don't think so, thrice, no way!

I went to see Derek last April in Swindon and really enjoyed the show. We were the first ones called up when he began and he called my great gran by name-naturally we were gobsmacked! However, I don't think he has as much ability as he lets on.

Not now anyways, after reading some other posts and some evidence from "bad psychics" website-I have to say I feel very deflated at the moment. I have believed in Derek from the moment he first appeared on our screens. hmm.gif

I've been a big fan for a few years now, my family seem very sceptical about the whole "psychic" thing. I do believe he has some ability-but maybe I'm trying to believe now because if you can't have faith....do you really have much else?

no.gif

It's terrible sad.gif

He seems so nice in person, why does he want to rip people off? It's all about the money rolleyes.gif

*sigh* It's like when you realise as a child that father christmas isn't real!

hi!!! i have signed in with a new name as my computer logged everything off and i cudn't remember my password!

anyway some ppl have to fake some stuff especially women....ahem....i will lets u's figure it out!

Derek is a gr8 man and if you believe in him good for u girlfriends!!

God Bless thumbsup.gif

Bad psychics is a little site with nothing better to do than try and rip a mans life to pieces. Most of their articles appear on larger sites like this and mine because so few people actually visit their site. It is one thing to try and prove fakery, but when it becomes a personal and obsessive act then it's out of line.

Without the exposure of larger sites they would not be known, as it is, only a few know them anyway.

I wrote my article aimed at him as a medium, not as a human being. Even with all I know I have distanced myself from them completely as they are now taking things a step too far!

What I recounted was eye witness testimony, not hearsay.  wink2.gif

606001[/snapback]

i agree with you Basdphysics is a site thats just tries to ruin a person career and wat other people believe !

God Bless thumbsup.gif

Seriously. I think you should marry him. That way you can be graced with his awesome abilities 24 hours a day.lol

600150[/snapback]

i wouldnt mind being around him all the time although i wouldn't marry him because he looks old enough to be my father. Does anyone no Derek's exact age?

God Bless thumbsup.gif

I went to see Derek last April in Swindon and really enjoyed the show. We were the first ones called up when he began and he called my great gran by name-naturally we were gobsmacked! However, I don't think he has as much ability as he lets on.

Not now anyways, after reading some other posts and some evidence from "bad psychics" website-I have to say I feel very deflated at the moment. I have believed in Derek from the moment he first appeared on our screens.  hmm.gif

I've been a big fan for a few years now, my family seem very sceptical about the whole "psychic" thing. I do believe he has some ability-but maybe I'm trying to believe now because if you can't have faith....do you really have much else?

no.gif

605999[/snapback]

This is television we're talking about here...? I bet we dont see half of what really goes on , or should I say not goes on..? Its all done for a viewing audience...it's that simple?... blink.gif

hi!!! i have signed in with a new name as my computer logged everything off and i cudn't remember my password!

anyway some ppl have to fake some stuff especially women....ahem....i will lets u's figure it out!

Derek is a gr8 man and if you believe in him good for u girlfriends!

God Bless thumbsup.gif

608541[/snapback]

how old are u? 12? u sound so immature

there is a big difference between a woman faking an orgasm and a man manipulating people, faking abilities and lying to make money

a BIG difference

if he has abilities then he wudnt have to fake them on most haunted which even YOU have said he does. If he was a real psychic, he wud use his REAL psychic abilities, there would be no need to act

i agree with you Basdphysics is a site thats just tries to ruin a person career and wat other people believe !

God Bless thumbsup.gif

608545[/snapback]

think he has done that himself

if he wasnt a fraud, sites like that wudnt have any ammo to suggest that he IS a fraud

u have seen it with ya own eyes ffs

I 'was' starting to get impressed by this man but when watching MH and MHL I realised I could come up with the same information as Derek on the net within minutes of the show going on air. I love the programme its very entertaining but Derek just doesnt impress me much.

Two days ago I was directed to a site about his name and his spirit guide Sam. I dont know if it is all true but I have no reason to doubt the information on the site I read.

He said he got the name Acorah from his grandmothers second husband who was from the Netherlands only problem was this guy is called Verbaan. There is no one called Acorah.

As for Sam well Im not sure, his full name is Masumai read backwards is I am u Sam! I cant find anything on the name Masumai or maybe Im not looking hard enough.

All I can say is Im glad I havent paid for a ticket to watch him on stage after reading some of the things on the site. I feel it just agreed with my feelings all along, hes rubbish and shouldnt be allowed to go on stage claiming to be a...well whatever it is he calls himself.

Thats just my opinion and I respect if people want to believe in him. Thats their decision but I have no trust in him at all.

The site that interested me so much in Derek is http://www.doublexposure.co.uk/ make your own minds up.

Edited by Peeps

Edit; removed for legal reasons Edited by SaRuMaN

Edit; removed for legal reasons

613775[/snapback]

Can I ask why you doubt the information? And when you say they are out to ruin his life and not his career what exactly do you mean, I would have thought each went hand in hand when it comes to it?

I dont mean to sound rude but I know nothing of who you are, Im very new here and you are asking me to take what you say as gospel. How do I know that you know better than what those have said on the site?

Has anyone, including yourself researched the information like him saying his grandfather was called Acorah? Or have you ever researched the information about the different times he has been quoted as having said when he first encountered Sam? All the information from his site has suddenly up and gone from there! Yes I know they are redoing the site but its all gone!

Edit; removed for legal reasons Edited by SaRuMaN

Edit; removed for legal reasons

613795[/snapback]

Well Im trying to look into ways of finding out if the site is true when it says:

His grandfathers name was Verbaan and not Acorah as he claims.

His first encounter with someone from the other world was supposed to be his grandfather. He claims he came to him when he was six, but dates again dont add up.

"MM: When did you know you had abilities and how did you know?

Acorah: From the age of six when my grand father materialised before me. He had been in the world of spirit for four years. "

ISPR interview

http://www.ispr.net/team/derek_qa.html

But you go looking on the site now and it says:

"Derek Acorah's family discovered his enhanced abilities of clairaudience at the tender age of six, after Acorah relayed a message to his Grandmother from his Grandfather, a man who died five years before Acorah's birth."

http://www.ispr.net/team/derek_bio.html

If you are going to tell a story of when you first encountered the other side, or even how you got your stage name you have to stick to facts so that you dont get mixed up and look a complete idiot. (Bear in mind this is his first grandfather Richard Courtney and not his second grandfather Willem Verbaan.)

Why lie in the first place? The problem for me is this, there is no evidence to suggest he is telling the truth about his own life never mind the afterlife. Again I respect others opinions if they believe in him but I dont.

If anyone has ever researched the information he has given re his name or when he first encountered the afterlife Id love to know.

I find anyone's pre-occupation with his name rather puzzling. Apparently to be a medium you must have never told an untruth and be 100% accurate in every fact you state about your life.

Bringing people's private life in to it will convince no one, simple as that. This sort of stuff has been around for ages, there's plenty on the net to contradict his stories about his name but it does nothing to debunk his claims of mediumship.

You will always find conflicts in his accounts, the same goes for any medium, but you will never prove fakery with it.