Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Derek Acorah - Fake?

Phenomenon

I find anyone's pre-occupation with his name rather puzzling. Apparently to be a medium you must have never told an untruth and be 100% accurate in every fact you state about your life.

Bringing people's private life in to it will convince no one, simple as that. This sort of stuff has been around for ages, there's plenty on the net to contradict his stories about his name but it does nothing to debunk his claims of mediumship.

You will always find conflicts in his accounts, the same goes for any medium, but you will never prove fakery with it.

613811[/snapback]

Ive just been to your website and you seem to have the same kind of fascination for his name, you quote the site that I have mentioned yet you dont say these things on that particular article!

Im confused are you for DA or against? Im not sure which.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sasha_S8

• RogueWave

• I_Love_Derek_2005

• Beckys_Mom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i wouldnt mind being around him all the time although i wouldn't marry him because he looks old enough to be my father. Does anyone no Derek's exact age?

608550[/snapback]

27 January 1950 in Bootle, Liverpool.

But you go looking on the site now and it says:

"Derek Acorah's family discovered his enhanced abilities of clairaudience at the tender age of six, after Acorah relayed a message to his Grandmother from his Grandfather, a man who died five years before Acorah's birth."

Richard Courtney died in 1939, eleven years before Acorah's birth in 1950. His step-grandfather, Willem Verbaan, died in 1965, in Bootle, Liverpool, when he was 15.

If anyone has ever researched the information he has given re his name or when he first encountered the afterlife Id love to know.

613809[/snapback]

As you might expect, I have researched the information. The facts about the names and dates are from the Register of Births, Marriages and Deaths. These can be searched at http://www.1837online.com/Trace2web/ and the certificate can be purchased from

General Register Office

PO Box 2

Southport

Merseyside

PR8 2JD                            certificate.services@ons.gov.uk

Tel 0845 603 7788 or (international) +44 845 603 7788

Fax 01704 550013 or (international) +44 1704 550013

First may I say that I dislike bringing disagreements from other places onto a forum, but when both my article and my integrity is attacked I feel I have the right of response.

Echolima this is clearly an issue best handled privately via e-mail or private message, nor is it prudent to post people's private emails on a public forum without their permission.

Please contact Phenomenon in private about this, don't discuss it here.

Thanks.

First may I say that I dislike bringing disagreements from other places onto a forum, but when both my article and my integrity is attacked I feel I have the right of response.

Echolima this is clearly an issue best handled privately via e-mail or private message, nor is it prudent to post people's private emails on a public forum without their permission.

Please contact Phenomenon in private about this, don't discuss it here.

Thanks.

613891[/snapback]

I apologise, SaRuMaN, but Phenomenon has not responded to my email. I would never have posted here had Phenomenon not made public comments reflecting upon my integrity.

Emma

I apologise, SaRuMaN, but Phenomenon has not responded to my email. I would never have posted here had Phenomenon not made public comments reflecting upon my integrity.

That may be so, but I would like to respectfully request that both parties involved take this dispute elsewhere, as the issue in question is not something that I want either myself or this site to become involved with.

Thanks.

That may be so, but I would like to respectfully request that both parties involved take this dispute elsewhere, as the issue in question is not something that I want either myself or this site to become involved with.

Thanks.

613921[/snapback]

I would also appreciate it if you removed Phenomenons libellous comments aginast my site

badpsychics.com

Thank you.

I would also appreciate it if you removed Phenomenons libellous comments aginast my site badpsychics.com

All posts made today containing comments relating to BadPsychics.com and other related sites have now been removed from this thread.

Intersting, however I can't believe what all the excitement is about... take it elsewere people do your dirty laundry somwhere else.

Well MH last night was pretty good. For once Derek was unable to give full names, maybe because this time MH decided to keep him in the dark as to where this Private Location was.

David (I forget his name everytime the other fella) seemed more accurate in what was said about the house.

Maybe MH is going to get better, no more set ups etc.

Perhaps MH have decided it's time to phase out Derek Acorah and let somebody else have a go. His appearances in the series have declined quite remarkably.

maybe because this time MH decided to keep him in the dark as to where this Private Location was.

I have yet to see anyone establish that Derek Acorah is told beforehand of the location he is going to. Many suspect he is, nobody has proved it. wink2.gif

As for MH in general, taking a look at the recent Live show I think it's business as usual. Bless poor Yvette, she just can't help herself.

There they all sat during a ouija board with blindfolds on. The glass flew to the Goodbye symbol on the table and before the glass barely had time to stop Yvette clearly says, "Goodbye?"

After a couple of minutes the glass then goes back to the same symbol, Yvette then says, "what does it say?" Make your mind up lass, either you can see it or you can't. wacko.gif

Carl is now seeing paranormal in just about everything he hears or sees. No noise yet he flies that camera around like some entity just manifested itself in front of him. He has more headaches than me, and as a sufferer of migraine that's saying something.

Yvette has been apparently possessed, but even under that demonic possession she manages a little smirk for the camera as they carried her out. (Previous Live Show).

Stu...ah bless little Stu. That guy needs to get a new job. I don't know anybody that sees anything paranormal in the way he is affected. He even had a mini possession in a recent show and made DA look almost authentic.

Here's a little quote from correspondence I have had with DA's wife, Gwen.

I have to say that I totally agree with you regarding Most Haunted - but things will change!

What can I say, even DA's wife agreed with me regarding the show.

It's a joke, plain and simple. Even some of DA's biggest fans don't see it as a genuine paranormal research program anymore.

Well MH last night was pretty good. For once Derek was unable to give full names, maybe because this time MH decided to keep him in the dark as to where this Private Location was.

David (I forget his name everytime the other fella) seemed more accurate in what was said about the house.

Maybe MH is going to get better, no more set ups etc.

615951[/snapback]

Hmmm... well, according to info I received this morning, David Wells [and others] got a lot of things wrong actually, Peeps.

David Wells incorrectly identified the piano. The one he sat against which he claimed was played by a lady was the wrong one; it was ,an upright one in the hallway near the rear stairs. This can be proved by the owner's own words when he appeared live on Kilroy.

Mr Wells second mistake. A murder or suicide, broken arm from a fall or being pushed, suddenly changed to slashed wrists, or a covered up murder, and in a room not associated to the bishop. His bedroom was next door.

The prog opened with yvette stating roman soldiers had been seen leaving the cellar area and walking into adjacent fields and had been verified by police reports. No reports exist as this was yet another false trail, thus proving they didn't do any specific research themselves

Karl spoke of a child in the attic being held captive; again no evidence to substantiate this only hearsay. No evidence or names offered.  The child was false information passed to some mediums at the house by BGRG.

Claims of a negative entity in the bishop's room and the fact a medium was actually strangled or the feeling of being strangled. I know the lady who made this claim and I, in all honesty, doubt her.

Footage of noises in the attic area were associated to possible paranormal activity for the viewer, but failed to mention that through the door are two very large and old water tanks which constantly make noises and rattle the old pipes.

Cellar area - replayed the sounds of the old barn owl which lives in the trees around - again not paranormal

Yvettes closing comments also of conducting vigils in the two old cottages also gave nothing that night. What cottages? She's referring to sheds where once upon a time one cottage stood, and the owner's solicitor claimed she saw a man and a dog sitting on a non-existent staircase, but she refused always to be questioned over these facts

every one talking about Derek Being Phased out is wrong the only reason he isn't on it as much is because he has other events in his diary, also they are trying to make David wells is being introduced more into the show to better his appearances so people in the spiritalist community snap him up. i might add he is also an excellent medium.

Don't think you all have got rid of Derek Aorah as easily as you think!! w00t.gifclap.gif

God Bless thumbsup.gif

I have yet to see anyone establish that Derek Acorah is told beforehand of the location he is going to. Many suspect he is, nobody has proved it.  wink2.gif 

I have been told by a tour guide at a location used for a Most Haunted location that Derek did not know the exact location, until he arrived there. I wrote the following which was posted on the MH forum at the time:

"While at West Wycombe Caves we had a chat to one of the cave guides. We were told that while on route to Wycombe Derek didn't know where he was going and he phoned several times during the course of the journey for more directions but didn't know the actual location until he arrived.

But and it's a big BUT he then had to wait for an hour in a Wycombe hotel room, before proceeding to the caves. The guide said that there are plenty of other haunted locations in the vicinity that could have been the location and in any event the Sukie element that Derek came up with wasn't something on their website, it was news to them.

Just to test the possibility of Derek accessing the internet or similar whilst waiting, I gave myself about half an hour of web searches, based upon Wycombe Hauntings and Wycombe Ghosts. Although West Wycombe Park did appear the bulk of hits were for the Hellfire Club and included full details of Sukie as reported by Derek. If anyone wishes I can post the full excerpt."

I know the conclusion I reached and will leave others to reach their own wink2.gifyes.gif

Hmmm... well, according to info I received this morning, David Wells [and others] got a lot of things wrong actually, Peeps.

David Wells incorrectly identified the piano. The one he sat against which he claimed was played by a lady was the wrong one; it was ,an upright one in the hallway near the rear stairs. This can be proved by the owner's own words when he appeared live on Kilroy.

Well shows Ive been duped again, I thought the programme was much improved on the others Ive seen. I put this down to the fact that little could be got from the net and that they may have after all had no information on where they were going. It didnt matter to me that the investigation didnt yeild much, I thought they were at last conducting it as an investigation.

I definately heard the water trickling in the attic and definately heard the owl (have to admit I thought it was some kind of crow/raven type bird) and did wonder why they played it back.

"While at West Wycombe Caves we had a chat to one of the cave guides. We were told that while on route to Wycombe Derek didn't know where he was going and he phoned several times during the course of the journey for more directions but didn't know the actual location until he arrived."

Directions to where? To the Caves? To the hotel? It doesnt make much difference to me, he still knows the general location of where he is going. Who is to know if he doesnt have a full bank of places haunted in Britain to call up at anytime? Maybe this is why (apparently) his wife Gwen carries her laptop when they go to the MH things. And I still say even with a little surfing on the web knowing the location you will spill enough out for you to use. Just a thought, can satellite internet be used while in a moving car?

The thing that got me was he was not as fast on the full name of people like he usually was. I remember a Molly and the usual 'evil' man or woman. (Why do they always have to be evil?)

Take for instance the abandoned studio's on the last night, didnt he come up with a name from a neighbouring studio? Maybe he mixed up the name with the studio!

Maybe someone should put us to the test, type a time they will post a place name and give us 30 mins (the time it takes to drive there) and see how much information everyone came up with!

Thirty minutes will give you plenty of information wink2.gif  yes.gif I've tested it on other locations too, with the same result grin2.gif

As for the Ghost House you might be interested in this website  ph34r.gif

616676[/snapback]

OMG they said they didnt want publicity and they sell t-shirts and the whole thing! They did say they wanted the location kept secret didnt they, I wasnt hearing things was I? Mind you how good the publicity was that £100 a ticket to go there.

And Felix if thats his name has been there before cause hes on video! Gawd Im gutted yet again!

I don't know whether their website and activities were up and running before MH filmed, but the copyright at the bottom of the home page says:

Ghosthouse Productions Limited

2003-2005

So they must have had plans... ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

10/05/05

Ghosthouse is to be shown on Living TV’s Most Haunted, Don’t miss it we know its going to be one hell of a show!!

May 2005

Richard Felix leads a night of investigation at Ghosthouse. Joined by 3 mediums : Dominic Zenden & Jon-Michael Lindsey Richard Felix will lead the exploration of the house, take part in seance, vigils and private readings plus loads more! We intend for these evenings to take place once a month from now on due to their popularity. You can bid for tickets on ebay or Click Here buy them directly from www.ghosthouse.co.uk.

Looks like they have been up and running a while to me. Gutted I am.

Looks like they have been up and running a while to me. Gutted I am.

616976[/snapback]

This information is from Companies House - as you'll see the company was set up in 2003.

GHOSTHOUSE PRODUCTIONS LIMITED

HERMESTON HALL, OLDCOATES

NOTTINGHAM

NOTTS

S81 8HS

Date of Incorporation: 03/11/2003

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(92)):

9234 - Other entertainment activities

Their 'Other entertainment activities' include Rolling Models and Espada Rolls. Could this be the real reason for the secrecy?

I have been told by a tour guide at a location used for a Most Haunted location that Derek did not know the exact location, until he arrived there.

616628[/snapback]

And then there's Samlesbury Hall, where Yvette says: "neither (meaning Derek Acorah and David Wells) have had any previous knowledge of this building or it's dishonourable past."

However, if you read page 48 of 'The Psychic Adventures of Derek Acorah' published by Element Books, September 6, 2004, you will read Derek's own words about an event which occurred over a year before the first Most Haunted hit our screens.

The first place I visited was Samlesbury Hall

I felt as though I was in an inn. Once more there was laughter around me, but this time it was accompanied by the smell of ale and roasting meats in the huge fireplace.

I knew for certain that somebody had committed suicide

'Sir John!' he said. 'Sir John Southworth!' I knew that this man had been a good man – quiet and peaceable – but I also knew that he had suffered because of his faith

'Dorothy!' the name came again. I had the impression of a tragic young lady, a murder and horrendous grief. 'Her brother murdered her betrothed,' said Sam. 'It was an accident. He and his two companions were murdered by Dorothy’s brother. She went mad with grief.'

And he came up with exactly the same things in the programme, BUT the 'facts' he came up with about Dorothy were totally wrong.

For my complete review see here.

WoW..! 120 replies on this thread..! Cant believe its still running..?  huh.gif

618581[/snapback]

why should it not keep running? i still have to argue with people and tell them that Derek is REAL!!!!!!!!!!!! and he i am u sam thing he Derek pointed that out in one of his shows AGES ago!!

God Bless thumbsup.gif

why should it not keep running? i still have to argue with people and tell them that Derek is REAL!!!!!!!!!!!! and he i am u sam thing he Derek pointed that out in one of his shows AGES ago!!

God Bless thumbsup.gif

618722[/snapback]

Of course Derek is real but is his communicating with spirits real or not?

God Bless thumbsup.gif

618722[/snapback]

Of course Derek is real but is his communicating with spirits real or not?

621524[/snapback]

of course you said yourself he is real! and everything about he is real.

Does anyone know where Derek gets his rings becouse i really like them.

God Bless thumbsup.gif

Edited by I_Love_Derek_2005