Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Derek Acorah - Fake?

Phenomenon

of course you said yourself he is real! and everything about he is real.

Does anyone know where Derek gets his rings becouse i really like them.

God Bless thumbsup.gif

624276[/snapback]

Derek Johnson is real, Derek Acorah (Acorah is a made up name not even the name of his grandfather as he says) is a stage named used by said Derek Johnson.

As for him communicating with the other side, well I dont think so. More like he lets his fingers do the walking on the net, eyes scanning books and committing to memory and sometimes he doesnt even committ to memory very well.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sasha_S8

• RogueWave

• I_Love_Derek_2005

• Beckys_Mom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More like he lets his fingers do the walking on the net, eyes scanning books and committing to memory and sometimes he doesnt even committ to memory very well.

Hearsay. thumbsup.gif

More like he lets his fingers do the walking on the net, eyes scanning books and committing to memory and sometimes he doesnt even committ to memory very well.

Hearsay. thumbsup.gif

625449[/snapback]

you can think that but do you have any prove that he is given the information before hand and then searches for the information on the internet?

I don't think so and even if you say you do how can we believe your information without backup?

God Bless thumbsup.gif

ive been reading this thread for a bit now and both sides have good arguments. But after watching tonights MH i am really starting to believe he is not capable to do the show. Cairan (sp?) said that he witnessed a guy saying that he made this guy up to be a suspect for jack the ripper YET derek picked up on his spirit as a suspect. And why is he the only one to be possessed? why not david or that other guy they used to have? I do not doubt that he is a medium, i do believe he can sense spirits and he may be picking up the correct spirits on his walkabouts but with it saying that eveidence never supports his claims its damaging his reputation and the shows.

ive been reading this thread for a bit now and both sides have good arguments. But after watching tonights MH i am really starting to believe he is not capable to do the show. Cairan (sp?) said that he witnessed a guy saying that he made this guy up to be a suspect for jack the ripper YET derek picked up on his spirit as a suspect. And why is he the only one to be possessed? why not david or that other guy they used to have? I do not doubt that he is a medium, i do believe he can sense spirits and he may be picking up the correct spirits on his walkabouts but with it saying that eveidence never supports his claims its damaging his reputation and the shows.

626835[/snapback]

I saw that episode last night. Carian basicly said that almost all of what Derek stated was wrong. I noticed that they used more of the other medium in that episode than usual. Maybe they are soon to switch who the lead medium is on the programme?

Yes, I too was in a fit of laughter to see that Derek was coming out with stuff about Jack the Ripper and the second Jack. Well done Mr O'Keefe for speaking the truth on how Derek got it all wrong.

you can think that but do you have any prove that he is given the information before hand and then searches for the information on the internet?

I don't think so and even if you say you do how can we believe your information without backup?

God Bless thumbsup.gif

626290[/snapback]

I_Love_Derek_2005 you quoted phenom as saying the above but it was me. I cant prove what he knows before hand thats true, though some have proved that he has said things in his book/s and has later gone to places and said the same things.

Can you prove he doesnt actually do any research before going to the MH places? No, I dont think you can. And in the same breath I cant prove he does but I do say he has ample time to research. I guess his internet service provider may know what pages he visits but that will be classified information so we wont ever know!

We can all speculate he is real or not real (for me he isnt he comes out with too much exact information or utter rollicks) and to be honest we can only judge for ourselves as to spirits existing and contacting the living when we ourselves encounter such things. In the mean time I will go with, I believe the dead can contact us but I havent witnessed it. I will continue to watch MH because its good entertainment and until I see or hear something I will continue to be undecided.

Hi all long time since I've been on this site and haven't got time to read this whole thread so forgive me if I'm covering old ground but here goes.

Another website has issued a bulletin that's saying DA has been exposed as a fraud and more details to be posted soon. I'll point out that this site is pro psychic and not a sceptic site BTW so no agenda or axe to grind.

For myself I'm very suspicious of DA and don't think he adds anything to MH anymore, more he drags the show down, whether this means he and/or the show is a total fake or whether they have become a victim of their own success I don't know but what once to me was a compuslively watchable show which seemed to have a genuine wish to investigate paranormal events has now desended to pure hokum and showmanship. perhaps David Wells will bring a touch of stability and veritas back but the whole thing has got a lot of catching up to do before I'm keen to watch again.

Incidentally there are many within the mediumistic field who are equally suspicious and disaproving of DA's and MH's methods so this isn't just a psychics v sceptics issue.

626835[/snapback]

I saw that episode last night. Carian basicly said that almost all of what Derek stated was wrong. I noticed that they used more of the other medium in that episode than usual. Maybe they are soon to switch who the lead medium is on the programme?

627477[/snapback]

the only reason they use David wells more is because Derek is a very busy man and has other commitments. they are bringing David into the limelight more to 'advertise' his capablitities.

God Bless thumbsup.gif

God Bless thumbsup.gif

626290[/snapback]

I_Love_Derek_2005 you quoted phenom as saying the above but it was me. I cant prove what he knows before hand thats true, though some have proved that he has said things in his book/s and has later gone to places and said the same things.

Can you prove he doesnt actually do any research before going to the MH places? No, I dont think you can. And in the same breath I cant prove he does but I do say he has ample time to research. I guess his internet service provider may know what pages he visits but that will be classified information so we wont ever know!

We can all speculate he is real or not real (for me he isnt he comes out with too much exact information or utter rollicks) and to be honest we can only judge for ourselves as to spirits existing and contacting the living when we ourselves encounter such things. In the mean time I will go with, I believe the dead can contact us but I havent witnessed it. I will continue to watch MH because its good entertainment and until I see or hear something I will continue to be undecided.

627630[/snapback]

actually yes i do know my uncle works with the producers, etc and i always ask him about Derek and wether he researches, my uncle says no.

i know you are probably thinking your uncle is paid to say that, but i know my uncle and he is a godfearing man and always tells the true, to me anyway, because we are very close.

God Bless thumbsup.gif

Another website has issued a bulletin that's saying DA has been exposed as a fraud and more details to be posted soon. I'll point out that this site is pro psychic and not a sceptic site BTW so no agenda or axe to grind.

I'd be interested in checking that website, spectral wink2.gif Could you PM me with the URL?

actually yes i do know my uncle works with the producers, etc and i always ask him about Derek and wether he researches, my uncle says no.

i know you are probably thinking your uncle is paid to say that, but i know my uncle and he is a godfearing man and always tells the true, to me anyway, because we are very close.

God Bless thumbsup.gif

628271[/snapback]

And your Uncle is who? What does your Uncle know? Im sure Derek isnt going to go running to him or anyone else for that matter and say 'sure yeah I do a bit of research'. Please do get real.

Out of interest and if it is not too personal how old are you? Have you ever witnessed anything to conclude that Derek is real or that the after life exists? If you prefer not to reply here you can pm me.

God Bless thumbsup.gif

628271[/snapback]

And your Uncle is who? What does your Uncle know? Im sure Derek isnt going to go running to him or anyone else for that matter and say 'sure yeah I do a bit of research'. Please do get real.

Out of interest and if it is not too personal how old are you? Have you ever witnessed anything to conclude that Derek is real or that the after life exists? If you prefer not to reply here you can pm me.

628992[/snapback]

Not too long ago I heard DA on a radio phone in show doing readings live over the air. Now without the benefit of any form of scientific monitoring going on I can only go by what the host claimed that all callers were chosen at random and there was no collusion between the callers, DA or the station. In veiw of that he did seem to perform very well picking up on details that seemed pertinent and particular to the callers he spoke to. This makes me think that he is not a fake per se but under the increasing pressure to come up with results on MH he may be resorting to a bit of showmanship and trickery. Not a good thing certainly either for his credibility or for any other psychic mediums credibility but not a complete damning of all things paranormal either.

God Bless thumbsup.gif

628271[/snapback]

628992[/snapback]

i am old enough i don't give my age out. yes i was at a show of his with my friend, at this time i was skeptic so we swapped our tickets and seats, even after we had done this Derek was still able to contact my friends grandfather who had died about 2 months before. He was able to tell her everything personal between her family and her grandfather.

I asked my uncle if i could name him but unfortunately he says he cannot be named for some reason but i will find a way to tell you i shall pm you with his name. My uncle knows that Derek isn't given the pleasure of knowing where he is travelling to.

God Bless thumbsup.gif

FAKE

true thumbsup.gif false no.gif

i also notice as soon as someone posts derek fake fakir, is a fake.

within seconds, i love is there to defend the big hoax.

i'll bet within seconds of this post she's back on with another comment defending the fraud.

wait for it........

FAKE

true thumbsup.gif  false no.gif

i also notice as soon as someone posts derek fake fakir, is a fake.

within seconds, i love is there to defend the big hoax.

i'll bet within seconds of this post she's back on with another comment defending the fraud.

wait for it........

631564[/snapback]

well spotted by the way he's not FAKE he's good, no wait he's better, he's a legend!!! long after your dead his name and work will live on!

God Bless thumbsup.gif

Edited by I_Love_Derek_2005

double negative, well spotted. my fault.

look, i love, here's what gets me about your posts.

there are plenty of threads here, and the great thing about them is the debate that usually occurs, between believers and non believers.

there will alwasy be disagreements, it's a good thing.

debate is a great thing.

but all you seem to do is focus on this one thread, and whenever anyone puts something against da, you can't seem to stand to see it there for any amount of time, you're instantly here with another positive oblivous comment.

your name says it all, you don't need to defend him to every naysayer.

the way you react makes me think, you're either derek himself, his wife, his private secretary, or his agent.

i know nobodys comments or absolute proof here, about how much of a fake he is, is going to change your mind, your um id says it all.

(although if you are derek, that would be extremely narcicistic of you)

there is no need to feel you have to have the last word on the guy, we all get it.

YOU LOVE HIM!

i think he's an opportunistic crook, and if houdini were alive today, he'd have exposed the fake for what he really is.

jeceris i have just noticed your birth date, 11th february, mines is on that day as well

631603[/snapback]

there are so few of, and here we are on opposite sides of the fence.

ah well, as it must be. grin2.gif

and if you're an aquarian, then you know we can be quite childish with our sense of humour.

jeceris i have just noticed your birth date, 11th february, mines is on that day as well

631603[/snapback]

there are so few of, and here we are on opposite sides of the fence.

ah well, as it must be. grin2.gif

and if you're an aquarian, then you know we can be quite childish with our sense of humour.

631630[/snapback]

Yes i have often been told my sense of humor is quite childish. huh.gif

do you go onto the spiritulist debates? because if you do you will notice i make some points about the subjects on it.

Really the only reason i come on here is to talk about da and that is why most of my comments are made on this subject.

no way am i Derek i would hate to be that old, no offence to him. i am not his wife. not a clue who his agent is. i am just a loyal fan of his, as you said before i don't like when i am proved wrong or hear his name ''slandered''

i do understand that everyone in this thread has an opinion and i am not trying to undermine it.

i think this comes from being an aquarian, we are very strong-minded people.

God Bless thumbsup.gif

Edited by I_Love_Derek_2005

fair enough.

i've spent enough time on this topic, and i'm sure you know where i stand.

I've watched a few episodes of Most Haunted Live on DVD - amd some of the things that happen on that show really spook me out.

The thing that scared me most was the episode where Derek Acorah and Yvette Fielding visited, I think, a castle. I can't remember where it was. And, of course, it was haunted, and they stand in rooms in the dark seeing if anything strange would happen. On this occasion, they went into a bedroom in the castle where many people have supposedly seen the lower body of a person walking around the room. Just the person from the waist down! And when Derek Acorah went into the room, he was only in there for 5 minutes or so when he said he could "detect" spirit energy in the room, and he could see it, and it was a person with just their body from the waist down showing. Only Derek could see it. And then the scary bit - as Derek was talking, Yvette suddenlly screamed and turned round and shouted "Did you hear that?! Did you hear that?!" And EVERYONE in the roome said they heard it. And it was the sound of footsteps walking right up to Yvette behind her. And I kept replaying that footage over and over again, and I could hear, quietly, those footsteps.

Another freaky part was when they were standing in a corridor next to that bedroom, when Yvette suddenly said "Can you hear breathing?" And a member of the crew said "Yeah, I did." However, everyone in the room said that they did not make the sound of the heavy breathing. And again, everytime I replayed that part, I put my ear up against the speaker of the TV and listened carefully and I could hear a man breathing! Yvette said that the ghost actually breathed righ into her ear, in order to frighten her. And, apparently, it was the ghost of a man who lived in the castle in the 18th Century, and it was that man's ghost who is often seen in the bedroom.

And Yvette was GENUINELY frightened when those two incidents occured. When she heard a ghost breathing heavily into her ear, she panicked and started crying, and said that she didn't want to stay there anymore. So something strange definetely occured there during filming.

Also, many people say that Derek knows what happened in these haunted buildings in the past because he studies what happened there before he goes. However, I've heard that Derek has NO IDEA what place he is going to to film Most Haunted Live, and he goes to places all over Britain. And they do that to make sure that it is less likely that Acorah has any knowledge beforehand of the place that he is going to. But, nearly all the time, he is historically correct.

Derek has no idea where he is going to when he films Most Haunted Live, so the only way he could be factually correct was to study the history of EVERY historical building in Britain.

Acorah is also close friends with Tom Slemen, the famous Liverpudlian investigator of the paranormal and radio show host, and Tom was investigating a supposed haunting in Liverpool - a house haunted by a poltergeist. Acorah went in there and told everyone present the identity of the ghost that haunts that house - and it was later proved that the person did actually live there years before. However, there was almost know way that Derek Acorah could have known this, it was just an ordinary house, and not a famous building.

Has anyone seen the episode where an spoon that was made in the Middle Ages was thrown across the room towards Yvette and it flew over her shoulder? There was a flash of light in the air, and then a spoon appeared, and nearly hit Yvette! Appararently, the spoon is always kept in the room next door and tied to a wall with a piece of string, but somehow it had managed to untie itself, appear in the next room, and launches itself towards Yvette.