Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Derek Acorah - Fake?

Phenomenon

In the beginning i was a very loyal follower of Derek and watched Most Haunted every week and followed his information with great interest.

I even work at The Schooner Hotel which featured in the Most haunted series. I met the whole crew there and Derek as a person is a real nice man and i shall hold him dear for making my night great whilst talking with him, he did come out with some information about me that he could not of known, which amazed me. original.gif

But as many would agree lately he has slipped he is on demand now and it is obvious he is acting. he has made some big bloppers over the past year and now they are coming out of the woodwork.

As much as i think he is a nice guy and i do like him , i think it is now time for him to stand down and move on, before his lifes work becomes nothing but a shambles.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sasha_S8

• RogueWave

• I_Love_Derek_2005

• Beckys_Mom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone seen the episode where an spoon that was made in the Middle Ages was thrown across the room towards Yvette and it flew over her shoulder?  There was a flash of light in the air, and then a spoon appeared, and nearly hit Yvette!  Appararently, the spoon is always kept in the room next door and tied to a wall with a piece of string, but somehow it had managed to untie itself, appear in the next room, and launches itself towards Yvette.

631977[/snapback]

Unfortunately i haven't seen this epidsode. i would love to see it. earlier you said that yvette was genuinely scared, i would believe that because she looks like a very honest person.

If you or anyone else are able to find could they tell me or put it on the thread?

God Bless thumbsup.gif

fair enough.

i've spent enough time on this topic, and i'm sure you know where i stand.

631694[/snapback]

shall we call it a truce? huh.gif

you fight for your beleafes and i will fight for mine? original.gif

God Bless thumbsup.gif

Edited by I_Love_Derek_2005

I can't believe anyone is still posting on this silly thread.

633224[/snapback]

SILLY!!! SILLY!!! none of the threads on the site are silly.especially not this one, if people want to express their veiws on certain topics then they shouldn't be penalised for it.

thumbsup.gif

i have troble believing DA but that is because of something that he did to my gran many years ago when he was still doing the churches in southport on a reg basis. all thati can tell you is that he nearly made an very old lady have a heart attack from what he told her. it turned out untrue in the end but hey. cant forgive anyone for giving out the knid of info that nearly kills an old woman

633224[/snapback]

Why is that ? It's a perfectly legitimate topic. dontgetit.gif

Because nothing of substance has come since the 3rd page.

Like many other people I'm getting bored of MH and particularly DA's hysterics and ham acting. The few exciting results from early MH episodes are now overshadowed by incorrect and confused names, information, locations and descriptions of events.

However.

In or around 1998/99 my boss lat the time lost her son in extremely tragic circumstances. She was devastated and ended up being very ill. She went to Brighton with a friend to get away. Her friend wanted to visit a medium she'd heard of who was supposed to be very good. My boss was very skeptical, a hardcore realist, and the last thing she wanted to do was go to a medium, so she waited outside. When her friend returned she gushed about how accurate he was. My boss, being so skeptical, decided to see this medium herself if only to prove to her friend what a load of old rubbish it was.

She went in and told the medium absolutely nothing about herself other than her name and basically told him to get on with it. She said she was fairly hostile. Knowing my former boss, I would expect nothing less of her! She fully expected to be asked questions, which she was not prepared to answer, and she said she gave no information by way of facial expressions. In any event he spent most of the time with his back to her or with his eyes closed.

To cut a long story short she came out gobsmacked, and a little more of a believer. She told me everything he told her, and took the tape he had made of their 'session'. She also told me things he said would come to pass over the next few months, plans she had that only her partner and her had discussed amongst other things.

He talked about how her son died in great detail. Many of the details only she knew about. I knew some, and I was very surprised. Put it this way, his death was extremely unusual and he was only discovered due to a complete coincidence involving a stranger. Although this disturbed her, it also comforted her in a strange way. He gave her lots of information about her family. Her family are not from this country and she is the only surviving member in this country, the rest still live in Eastern Europe. He also told her about her father who was involved in highly unusual exploits in WWII, the truth of which she only found out about a few years before when he died. He told her certain things would come to pass and even gave her dates. I can state categorically that the things she told me came to pass in the timescale he gave her, practically to the exact date and time! She told me these things months before they happened, and gave me the dates he gave her.

I could go on and on. I don't want to go into great detail about the lady I;m referring to because her family and circumstances surrounding her son's death are so highly unusual that it wouldn't be too difficult for people in the West Midlands to identify her. She is well known and well respected

Suffice to say that although I consider myself to be a healthy sceptic unless proven otherwise I was highly impressed by this medium who you've probably guessed by now is Derek Acorah. I do think he has a strong gift but I agree with another poster who says heavy pressure is now being put upon those involved with MH to produce a good show. An an amateur investigator of the paranormal for many years I liken it to bird watching. You can spend days waiting for a particular bird to turn up and then as soon as you grab your camera the rotten thing will fly away, or the camera fails - it's guaranteed. But in the big world of business, media and contracts the pressure is on to produce, and those that make these programmes really don't care whether the end product is real or faked, as long as it draws in the viewers.

• 1 month later...
Like many other people I'm getting bored of MH and particularly DA's hysterics and ham acting.    The few exciting results from early MH episodes are now overshadowed by incorrect and confused names, information, locations and descriptions of events.

However.

In or around 1998/99 my boss lat the time lost her son in extremely tragic circumstances.  She was devastated and ended up being very ill.  She went to Brighton with a friend to get away.  Her friend wanted to visit a medium she'd heard of who was supposed to be very good.  My boss was very skeptical, a hardcore realist, and the last thing she wanted to do was go to a medium, so she waited outside.  When her friend returned she gushed about how accurate he was.  My boss, being so skeptical, decided to see this medium herself if only to prove to her friend what a load of old rubbish it was.

She went in and told the medium absolutely nothing about herself other than her name and basically told him to get on with it.  She said she was fairly hostile.  Knowing my former boss, I would expect nothing less of her!  She fully expected to be asked questions, which she was not prepared to answer, and she said she gave no information by way of facial expressions. In any event he spent most of the time with his back to her or with his eyes closed.

To cut a long story short she came out gobsmacked, and a little more of a believer.  She told me everything he told her, and took the tape he had made of their 'session'.  She also told me things he said would come to pass over the next few months, plans she had that only her partner and her had discussed amongst other things. 

He talked about how her son died in great detail.  Many of the details only she knew about. I knew some, and I was very surprised.  Put it this way, his death was extremely unusual and he was only discovered due to a complete coincidence involving a stranger.  Although this disturbed her, it also comforted her in a strange way.  He gave her lots of information about her family.  Her family are not from this country and she is the only surviving member in this country, the rest still live in Eastern Europe.  He also told her about her father who was involved in highly unusual exploits in WWII, the truth of which she only found out about a few years before when he died.  He told her certain things would come to pass and even gave her dates.  I can state categorically that the things she told me came to pass in the timescale he gave her, practically to the exact date and time!  She told me these things months before they happened, and gave me the dates he gave her.

I could go on and on.  I don't want to go into great detail about the lady I;m referring to because her family and circumstances surrounding her son's death are so highly unusual that it wouldn't be too difficult for people in the West Midlands to identify her.  She is well known and well respected

Suffice to say that although I consider myself to be a healthy sceptic unless proven otherwise I was highly impressed by this medium who you've probably guessed by now is Derek Acorah.  I do think he has a strong gift but I agree with another poster who says heavy pressure is now being put upon those involved with MH to produce a good show.  An an amateur investigator of the paranormal for many years I liken it to bird watching.  You can spend days waiting for a particular bird to turn up and then as soon as you grab your camera the rotten thing will fly away, or the camera fails - it's guaranteed.  But in the big world of business, media and contracts the pressure is on to produce, and those that make these programmes really don't care whether the end product is real or faked, as long as it draws in the viewers.

636505[/snapback]

i agree totally with you.

God Bless thumbsup.gif

phenomena thanks for posting that iv always thought he was a fake from the first time i seen him. I’m not even going to go into detail but thanks for posting.

Ok let's say there are people out there that Believe in Derek Acorah 100% and then you have the non believers that thinks he i a total fake. We all have a different opinion about life and about the paranormal. But it's really not fair when the non believer belittle the believers for believing.

If you think about it when he does his live concerts and he picks total strangers out of the crowd and then describes the person that's passed over right down to last item of clothing and then tells then about him and gives them messages how do you do it????? How can you fake something like that??? Now your probs gunna say yeah he talks to the person b4 the show and stuff like that. But no one i allowed to see derek at all unless he asks for you to come backstage for a private chat.

I'm sorry i'm one of the believers and i'm gunna sat Derek Acorah IS NOT FAKE!!!! grin2.gif

I have a DVD with this guy on it, and I am not gonna say either way if I think he is fake (yet), but he does tend to be a little theatrical, which probably could work against him with this kind of question.

Ok let's say there are people out there that Believe in Derek Acorah 100% and then you have the non believers that thinks he i a total fake. We all have a different opinion about life and about the paranormal. But it's really not fair when the non believer belittle the believers for believing.

If you think about it when he does his live concerts and he picks total strangers out of the crowd and then describes the person that's passed over right down to last item of clothing and then tells then about him and gives them messages how do you do it????? How can you fake something like that??? Now your probs gunna say yeah he talks to the person b4 the show and stuff like that. But no one i allowed to see derek at all unless he asks for you to come backstage for a private chat.

I'm sorry i'm one of the believers and i'm gunna sat Derek Acorah IS NOT FAKE!!!!  grin2.gif

714973[/snapback]

Yeh i see what you mean and respect your opinion but there are loads of ways to fake it. Just like in phenomena’s post how he faked it there. I’m not going to start a argument because i respect other peoples opinions and in mine i think he is a fake. Ria there are loads and loads of ways for a medium to get things right and be totally lying. Although I expect it would be hard for a honest medium to have a tv show because there obviously going to want to edit it to make it interesting.

I have seen him a few times and find what he says hard to believe; He just knows how to read people and listen to what they say to get close, yes i think he is a fake

I_LOVE_DEREK a quick question...

Have you seen the un-broadcast video tapes where Derek clearly shows he is faking - along with the rest of the crew?

If you pop along to a certain web site about Bad Psychics they have lots and lots of hard evidence that its all a sham.

And before you have a go - I used to believe in him too and am bitterly disappointed.

All the best

Hammy x

• 2 weeks later...
I_LOVE_DEREK a quick question...

Have you seen the un-broadcast video tapes where Derek clearly shows he is faking - along with the rest of the crew?

If you pop along to a certain web site about Bad Psychics they have lots and lots of hard evidence that its all a sham.

And before you have a go - I used to believe in him too and am bitterly disappointed.

All the best

Hammy x

723760[/snapback]

i'm not redy yet to disbelieve him jus yet! i have to give the man a chance! i only been a fan for about 6 months!

yes i have seen the scenes on Bad pchysics(cant spell) but how can ppl tell they havent been edited to make it seem that way? how do we know that derek is fake? how do we know he's real for that matter?

but i am a very head strong person and sorry in advance to anyone if i am rude or just plain stubborn to them on the subject of Derek Acorah or Most Haunted! i want to believe in this this because its the only thread iof hope i have for the afterlife i need to know if its real or not. i am only a teenager but i have very strong points of veiws about certain things!

God Bless thumbsup.gif

I'm sorry i'm one of the believers and i'm gunna sat Derek Acorah IS NOT FAKE!!!!  grin2.gif

714973[/snapback]

ride on brother!!

I have seen him a few times and find what he says hard to believe; He just knows how to read people and listen to what they say to get close, yes i think he is a fake

720893[/snapback]

is isis not the name of a satanic worshipper or something i heard bout it in 'Do you know the muffin man?'

i want to believe in this this because its the only thread iof hope i have for the afterlife i need to know if its real or not.

The existence of an afterlife doesn't hinge on the authenticity of Derek Acorah, and even if he was proven to be a fraud beyond any shadow of a doubt, it does not mean that what he pretended to be isn't real either.

Derek is a fake, as are all psychics/mediums. There is no evidence his authenticity. Evidence is the key to everything and he has no evidence to support his claims of being a "real" psychic.

Before I post this article it is important that you know I am merely commenting on an experience I had in Dec 2003. Everything I am writing is 100% true and as it happened.

Derek Acorah :: Grand Opera House, York. (Dec 2003)

When I first saw Derek Acorah my first impression of him was of a smooth talking scouser. For those of you who don't know what a scouser is it's a liverpudlian, they come from Liverpool.

I had heard of him prior to this in name only as he started out as a pro with Liverpool Football Club. Being a life long supporter of Liverpool he was a name I had some familiarity with.

My first encounter with him via media was on a day time program where he was a resident psychic. At that time I didn't really take to him, his smooth faultless appearance can draw the suspicion in you. I was skeptical of his claims and rather put him out of my mind, even though I was tremendously interested in the paranormal, especially hauntings and the possibility of medium channelling.

A few years later Derek was a massive name in the paranormal field, both for good and bad reasons. He was now a household name in the UK and was making a name for himself. For a few years this man couldn't do a thing wrong and his popularity rose at an incredible rate.

A few years ago with the advent of Most Haunted on Living TV I took an interest in Derek and starting to muse over the possibility that he was infact a genuine Spiritualist Medium. I still had major doubts over his claims that his guide was an Ethiopian named Sam, however, his personality and attitude seemed convincing.

With this in mind and as a self proclaimed Most Haunted Addict I bought his book which takes you through his life from footballer to world renowned psychic.

The book was a little on the cheap side, rough slices of paper and text large enough for a 4 year old! It wasn't cheap either.

Apart from this the book was excellent. It guided you through his life from childhood to his present day status as a celebrity psychic.

Over a year ago I was approached by Living TV with an offer to appear on a new ground-breaking psychic show - Psychic Live. I would go down to London and appear on the show as a guest and at the same time tell my own story of my personal experiences with the paranormal. Sadly, due to family commitments I was unable to go and so asked the production team if tickets could be available to a member of the forums. They agreed to let Ranger1 appear in the audience after he contacted them for tickets. Ranger took a guest and had a great day, even managing to have a live reading on air by Derek Acorah.

After this my opinion of him was to take a massive nose-dive.

I decide to take myself off to the Grand Opera House in York where I live. Derek was appearing there on one of the legs of his nationwide tour.

After a few drinks and a chat with my mother - who had come along to see him - and we were sat in our seats waiting for the great Derek Acorah to make his entrance.

If I am to be honest the show was a little on the tedious side. Even if you believe in mediumship 90 minutes of readings can get very boring. For me it was a simple exercise to say I have seen the man in action and to take away a more accurate opinion of him. Little did I know that one particular reading he gave to a gentleman would turn me from a fairly strong believer in to a skeptic, although it would be a few weeks later before it became apparent that this man was possibly profiting from peoples susceptibility and suggestiveness.

Derek had given quite a few readings and the show was drawing to a close when he became aware of a spirit apparently trying to make contact with a man in the audience. Derek's attention was drawn immediately to a couple who were sat in front of and to the right of me. For anyone who hasn't been to a live show of this nature it is common practice to have a large screen behind the psychic so as everyone in the theatre can view the subject being contacted.

Derek was always fairly vague with his approaches, some may say looking for a member in the audience to come forward and verify his information and then he can take it from there. I guess if you give a small amount of information to a chunk of audience the chances are high that at least one person in view would be able to recognize the information and help Derek along his psychic way.....either way he eventually settled on this man. The man in question was sat with his partner/wife.

He was a little man and it was immediately obvious quite a shy man, or at least slow in coming forward. I thought to myself this will test Derek's ability, his subject didn't seem likely to offer much in the way of guidance and Derek was going to have to perform well if he wasn't to cause doubt amongst the audience.

Most of the usual information was offered by Derek, most of which given the proverbial thumbs up by the man in the audience. I have to say that you could have made a checklist by the end of the night that would have been relevant to anyone in that theatre.

Initially the man didn't do a lot to assist Derek in his channelling, in other words very little was offered in the way of detail for Derek to build on, because of this the information was incredibly vague and like I said, probably relevant to just about anyone watching.

After a few minutes Derek began to draw on the mans psychic awareness. Whilst all this was happening you have to try and picture a small, shy and rather dull man constantly thanking/praising Derek for his involvement with him. He came across as awe-struck, as a child would be if his favorite footballer pat him on the back and said "hi". Infact, at one point his ways began to get on my nerves. It was almost as if someone had pressed a button and now he was agreeing with everything Derek said. He asked him if he was psychically aware, in other words was he embarking on a psychic journey of discovery. He asked if the man realised this, the man seemed to change course from being rather negative in an unsure kind of way to being totally positive about it.

The reading ended as did the show and we all went home.

Fast forward a few weeks...News Years Eve (Dec 31, 2003) to be precise. By some coincidence Most Haunted Live was being broadcast from York. The topic of the 3-day special was Dick Turpin.

The show was to be broadcast from the Knavesmire (York Racecourse).

All the usual suspects were there on the team, live on location and in the studio. We had a presenter in the studio, two historians to verify the names and dates that Derek came up with, a resident skeptic or should I say parapsychologist and also a psychic artist who sat at the front of the audience and who would hopefully produce some psychic art relevant to the topic. The presenter then introduced them to the TV and live audience.

The psychic artist was Marion Goodfellow, a well known and respected International Medium & Psychic clairvoyant. Sat next to her was Simon Peters, described as Britain’s most exciting new Medium!

Here's what Derek Acorah had to say about him:

Derek Acorah, Medium of "Most Haunted" and one of the UK’s leading international mediums, recommended Simon as one of the mediums on the most haunted program, and calls Simon “a truly gifted medium” and it has been as a direct result of Derek’s support and enthusiasm that Simon took the plunge into the world of public demonstrations.

Obviously from this Derek knows Simon and has done for some time, hence his recommendation to the producers of Most Haunted.

As he was introduced I caught a good luck of Mr Peters and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Simon Peters was the same man Derek Acorah had given a live reading to only a few weeks earlier!

So, what are the chances of Derek Acorah being honest in this instance? He knows the man, Derek's own words prove this and obviously Simon Peters knows him. To be recommended for one of the biggest paranormal shows in years you have to know the guy pretty well at the very least. Just to compound Derek's terrible error, as the team came in to the studio between locations, something they do as a treat for the live audience, the first person Derek shook hands with was Mr Peters.

As a fisherman would say, "caught, hook, line and sinker".

I have to tell you at the time I saw this I was absolutely gutted. I had grown in to a big fan of Derek and the show itself. This didn't prove a lot as far as the show goes but it sure proved to me once and for all that Derek Acorah entertainment practices are unethical. I also rang up a relative who had been to the same show as me and asked her if she was watching, I didn't have to say much because she recognized Simon Peters immediately. Needless to say neither of us have returned to see Derek in subsequent shows.

I actually though Simon Peter's performance those few weeks earlier was excellent, he had me fooled in to thinking he was a shy even naive man with no knowledge of mediumship. So there he is, a fully respected and practising psychic, well known and friendly with his psychic channeller, Derek Acorah.

"How the mighty fall"

I would like to add that this story was something I have held on to for some time. Aswell as this I have material that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that not only is Mr Acorah a fake but so is Most Haunted. Sadly my posting them for you all to see would probably land me and the gentleman who sent them to me, in trouble.

As I said, I have obviously known about this for some time but felt reluctant to share it as many people hold a great deal of faith in Derek Acorah and indeed the show, but I feel that to be honest with yourself and ultimately the paranormal fraternity in general then everything deserves the light of day and not just the positive things.

I would obviously appreciate some feedback and hope that my article has not offended anyone, needless to say a few of you will be very disappointed.

Article Copyright © 2005, Brendan Kilmartin.

478701[/snapback]

Obviously, you have researched this a lot. While I can skim over the fine points of what you wrote, I have to agree with you, because I also think he is no more than a fake.

I do not have a television, nor do I read a newspaper, but some time ago I was visiting a friend of mine and she was watching the "Most Haunted" series, which featured this person. All I am going on is my first impressions of this guy and that amounts to the fact that he states very little and after dropping a few pearls of wisdom, comes out with "are you with me, are you with me?" and ultimately has very little to say. I was not so impressed, particularly given that the names he was writing of the "spirits" he picked up on from this house were all quoted on the paintings of those people in a hallway.

I_Love_derek

Isis is an ancient Egyptian goddess and has nothing to do with Satan or satanic worship. Satan had not yet been invented in the times when people started worshipping Isis. Satan is a male figure. Isis is a female figure.

All the best

Faeden

I'm sorry i'm one of the believers and i'm gunna sat Derek Acorah IS NOT FAKE!!!!   grin2.gif

714973[/snapback]

ride on brother!!

741921[/snapback]

been here, done this many times, and so once more i will explain it to you.

these mediums start with broad questions in an audience.

they may look in the direction of a few women and say," i sense a older male presence that has recently affected you" something along this line.

the person in the audience will repsond and give the hint back to the medium, as EVERYONE at some point has had a male presence that has affected them, and they will, without thinking, offer up the gems the medium is looking for.

and so one person will respond, and most likely female, as they are less skeptical than the male members of the audience.

"yes" they will reply

medium:"and this male member, i sense he had quite an influence on your early years" the medium is still fishing, odds are that it is the persons father, as they are there because of a recent death, and need some closer, or the need to contact the departed one.

audience member: "yes, my uncle recently passed and he was always there when i was young"

bonus for the medium, because he didn't go with the obvious father figure, and now he looks more credible.

m:" yes well i see him still near you and he's concerned over with some problem regarding money" EVERYONE has money problems, it's another sure shot.

am: "well yes i am having some problems, but i thought they were over"

m: "yes he's nodding that in fact he sees things getting better for your situation.".........

now that is a generalization of the b******s you hear.

if it's something specific, birth date and all, watch for cameras in in the parking lot at the venue, they take pictures of the liscence plate and get all the information they want, birth date, name, married etc, this does happen. if not that then info can be gotten from just purchasing your ticket to the show, using your credit card.

it's a ruse and anyone can do it.

derek is fake, the program is all hype. and we want it to be true, personally i want to see something i can really believe, but these shysters won't be the ones to do it. open your eyes and see the tricks they pull to make you believe, off course by then they'll have your $40.