Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The voice from nowhere

Kittens Are Jerks

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm saying I have no idea really. I didn't have this experience so pretty much everything I write is either just an idea or opinion, maybe both. I don't think any of us know for 100% certain the exact "How did this happen." I'll even admit that. Maybe this whole event was a wake up call for you? Have you been locking your doors ever since this happened?

Wish I could say yes, but I forgot to lock it this afternoon and left two shopping bags outside. My mom has made arrangements for a home security professional to come by later this week. She wants me to have something installed whereby the door locks immediately on closing, as well as some mechanism where the keys won't work if left in the lock. Apparently that's possible if they set up some sort of computerised system or alarm that I have to remember to set. I also thinks she wants to turn my apartment into a fortress with a gazillion panic buttons, and knowing her, a few deadly booby traps as well. She's not at all happy about what happened.

And you're right, we don't know how it happened. One of my grandmothers is convinced it was my father given how close he and I were. I was more focused on doing what I was told to really think about the voice and since my father not once ever used that tone with me, I did not equate it with him. But yeah sure, if I was in peril, that is most certainly the way he would react.

• Like 1

It's your guardian Angel,this type of life saving advice comes to a large % of people when needed.Whether it's a passed loved one(which most people experiencing it believe it to be) or whatever,it's something good.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2019 at 10:20 AM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I need to look it up again, but I believe the concept of a bicameral mind has more to do with our evolution, and if I recall correctly, the development of our consciousness. The idea being that the brain was divided into two parts where one part spoke and the other listened. My interpretation of the incident is somewhere along those lines. The other phenomenon you mention is the Third Man Factor where an unseen presence provides assistance in one way or another. That, as you mention, is indeed commonly reported in a wide variety of high stress, extreme conditions. 

When I heard the voice I immediately listened and during my what just happened? moment, I without hesitation attributed the voice to myself.

I'm guessing that it was unusual that you din't lock your door.  As that is a physical act your cerebellum may have triggered something.  Perhaps an unusual sound form the elevators escalated the issue.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2019 at 8:57 PM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

As for the voice, I have no idea. It sounded as though the person was right beside me. My best guess is that I must have sensed something was amiss, and the voice was most likely my very loud, and very masculine apparently, subconscious telling me as much.

A boring theory would be that your computer briefly picked up a signal from a radio, cell or maybe a neighbor's ring doorbell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2