Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Eternal Flame

Climate emergency in the Himalayas

Recommended Posts

The Eternal Flame

Dec 09, 2019 The glaciers in the highest mountain range in the world, the Himalayas, are starving for snow. Their retreating rate is unprecedented. The rising temperature is also changing the ecosystem of the higher areas. DW reports from the ground.

https://m.dw.com/en/climate-emergency-in-the-himalayas/av-51599320

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, The Eternal Flame said:

Dec 09, 2019 The glaciers in the highest mountain range in the world, the Himalayas, are starving for snow. Their retreating rate is unprecedented. The rising temperature is also changing the ecosystem of the higher areas. DW reports from the ground.

https://m.dw.com/en/climate-emergency-in-the-himalayas/av-51599320

People are have no idea, what this means. For those who claim climate change is a hoax with all the major Ice Sheets and glaciers around the entire melting, must be blind or completely delusional.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eternal Flame
2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

People are have no idea, what this means. For those who claim climate change is a hoax with all the major Ice Sheets and glaciers around the entire melting, must be blind or completely delusional.

Unfortunatly they is alot of people like that and create tension.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1029

That is unfortunate for the people who depend on that water, but in terms of the earth as a whole, it is not that serious.  It does, however, portend things to come in our own neighborhoods.

Doug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eternal Flame
1 hour ago, Doug1029 said:

That is unfortunate for the people who depend on that water, but in terms of the earth as a whole, it is not that serious.  It does, however, portend things to come in our own neighborhoods.

Doug

Its global !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

The earthquakes are coming, as the weight of ice is redistributed.

I wouldn’t want to live in California. Terra NonFirma ... from sea to shining sea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
15 hours ago, The Eternal Flame said:

Dec 09, 2019 The glaciers in the highest mountain range in the world, the Himalayas, are starving for snow. Their retreating rate is unprecedented. The rising temperature is also changing the ecosystem of the higher areas. DW reports from the ground.

https://m.dw.com/en/climate-emergency-in-the-himalayas/av-51599320

That is true what with nasty spiders and heabutting moths to deal with!

B)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1029
9 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The earthquakes are coming, as the weight of ice is redistributed.

I wouldn’t want to live in California. Terra NonFirma ... from sea to shining sea.

There will likely be local isostatic earthquakes as a result of melting glaciers.  Follow those with some isostatic rebound earthquakes, but nothing major.  Probably just rattle your teeth a little.

Doug

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eternal Flame
15 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

There will likely be local isostatic earthquakes as a result of melting glaciers.  Follow those with some isostatic rebound earthquakes, but nothing major.  Probably just rattle your teeth a little.

Doug

Its interesting stuff thanks for your comment Doug! :santa:

Edited by The Eternal Flame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.