Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China burning books. Picture emerged

spartan max2

4 hours ago, Piney said:

I hope it included The Scofield Reference Bible, every Watchtower book, every Scientology book, The Book of Mormon, The Urantia Papers everything written by a Theosophist, a Falun Freak,  Edgar Cayce, Graham Hancock ,Frank Joseph Collin and every other racist or bias fringe lunatic and fake healer making crap up. :tu:.

In 'God Emperor of Dune' Leto II burned every false history book and every liar who wrote them on top of the pile.

I thought *My man!!!!*

Lies are harmful and pushing them is not "freedom of speech". 

Not gonna lie, if I was able I'd go back in history and burn every copy of Leviticus... And possibly grab the person who wrote it and strand him on Sakhalin.

But are we really really really (super really) sure that it's only religious dogma and misinformation/propaganda that's being burnt? What if it includes everything the government doesn't agree with, both misinformation and genuine information? Or things like (entertainment) literature that's accused to undermine the government?
I mean if that happens we are at the argument in Don Quixote, about whether the government should have the right to censor novels so that crazy old men don't run around attacking random strangers.

I think nobody minds if China does the equivalent of post-war Germany destroying Nazi literature. Is that one of those cases? Or are things like the Nazis burning the research and work of Magnus Hirschfeld also included. That's what I would be scared of.

And how did Leto II know which books to burn? Or was he already merged with that giant sand worm by then and could see through time? (never read that far into the series)

Edited by Orphalesion

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

And how did Leto II know which books to burn? Or was he already merged with that giant sand worm by then and could see through time? (never read that far into the series)

He could see into the past into the dawn of time and had the memories of thousands.

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

But are we really really really (super really) sure that it's only religious dogma and misinformation/propaganda that's being burnt? What if it includes everything the government doesn't agree with, both misinformation and genuine information? Or things like (entertainment) literature that's accused to undermine the government?

That's the downside. There is no balance with human nature involved. But harmful misinformation should be destroyed and people who push it should not be allowed to.

Racist, bias ideas, medical practices proven false, prophecies predicting doom or war. 

Mbiiaataa decided to torch all the doomsday prophets after the fiasco with Tecumseh's brother. It was decided among the Grand Society that nobody can predict any future accurately and predictions were useless and harmful. 

Saddest part is the concept of "prophecy" was probably introduced by Christians because most of the surviving predictions show Christian influence. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Racist, bias ideas, medical practices proven false, prophecies predicting doom or war. 

I agree with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Orphalesion said:

I agree with that.

My sister dug up some things on William S. Sadler, who composed the bulk of the Urantia Papers. The mans eugenic ideas were put into use at many developmental centers and destroyed whole lives. People written off just because the shapes of their skulls or the fact that they lived backwoods.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Not gonna lie, if I was able I'd go back in history and burn every copy of Leviticus... And possibly grab the person who wrote it and strand him on Sakhalin.

I mean if that happens we are at the argument in Don Quixote, about whether the government should have the right to censor novels so that crazy old men don't run around attacking random strangers.

I think nobody minds if China does the equivalent of post-war Germany destroying Nazi literature. Is that one of those cases? Or are things like the Nazis burning the research and work of Magnus Hirschfeld also included. That's what I would be scared of.

Seeing how China uses a great fire wall to block most od the world's internet and they already ban books, movies, games, songs, when they arent burning them.

The CCP goes to great lengths to censor dissidents. 

I see no reason why it would be assumed the books being burned are all reasonable in this situation.

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

I think the whole Huang story was blown a bit out of proportion. :unsure2:

It's just chinese pragmatic County mentality of following rules to the letter ... 

You don't waste money making a big deal out of the cleaning up, they just have no idea how and why certain people would wanna make a big deal out of something like this, if they did, they'll have dumped everything in the rubbish pile and nobody would have had a photo op. 

~

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Yeah I get it.

Nope, you don't.. 

~

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Anything bad about China is "fake". Any critism is prejudice.

:rolleyes:

Only when it is quite obviously is, you go ahead and continue to enjoy making a fool out of yourself 

~

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, third_eye said:

It's just chinese pragmatic County mentality of following rules to the letter ... 

You don't waste money making a big deal out of the cleaning up, they just have no idea how and why certain people would wanna make a big deal out of something like this, if they did, they'll have dumped everything in the rubbish pile and nobody would have had a photo op. 

~

Nope, you don't.. 

~

Only when it is quite obviously is, you go ahead and continue to enjoy making a fool out of yourself 

~

The picture was posted in China's social media ( you know the one that is actually allowed behind the fire wall), by two library employees, in front of the library. Before it got taken down after the contraversey.

And the ministry voiced it wanted a cleaning of banned books earlier this year in October. 

The CCP aggressively bans any dissident thought. They don't even hide the fact. 

It's pretty straight forward logic that they are burning books deemed politically dissident as well. 

The ministry of education directive orders the removal of books and other reading material that endanger national security, harm social stability or national honour. Books that promote superstition, illegal religious activities, or “incorrect global outlook and values” should also be culled

Edited by spartan max2

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

The picture was posted in China's social media ( you know the one that is actually allowed behind the fire wall), by two library employees, in front of the library. Before it got taken down after the contraversey.

And the ministry voiced it wanted a cleaning of banned books earlier this year in October. 

And your point is? 

You wanna go check the list of books banned in public libraries in America? 

~

You go google that, I gotta go back to work, enjoy yourself... Have fun... 

~

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Nihonjin are the same. 

12 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You wanna go check the list of books banned in public libraries in America? 

Lemme help.

https://theweek.com/articles/459795/17-americas-most-surprising-banned-books

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_commonly_challenged_books_in_the_United_States

The number one seems to be Sherman Alexie's account of growing up Indian. :whistle: 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nihonjin are the same. 

Lemme help.

https://theweek.com/articles/459795/17-americas-most-surprising-banned-books

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_commonly_challenged_books_in_the_United_States

The number one seems to be Sherman Alexie's account of growing up Indian. :whistle: 

The federal goverment can't outright ban a book and can't ban people from reading a book.

Seperate schools, libarieis, and cities can from their specific institutiona in their specific areas. As in a school could ban a book from being read as part of it's curriculum.

Hardly the same as the systemic censorship the CCP does banning books from the entire country and making it illegal for individuals to read.

Edit: hence if you look at those list you notice it's things that we have mostly all read and can buy.

lockquote widget

Edited by spartan max2

23 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Yeap, Leto the Second could remember having experienced all history, so anything that he didn’t remember was a lie.

• Thanks 1

Thread cleaned

Keep it civil and on-topic please folks.

Also - please do not post or link to images/videos of a graphic nature.

Thank you.

On 12/10/2019 at 11:10 AM, Piney said:

My sister dug up some things on William S. Sadler, who composed the bulk of the Urantia Papers. The mans eugenic ideas were put into use at many developmental centers and destroyed whole lives. People written off just because the shapes of their skulls or the fact that they lived backwoods.

Yes, Eugenics, sterilized 59,000, in the US, around the 70's, taught in school, put in encyclopedias, and textbooks, made into events, endorsed by actors, Winston Churchill being one, pushed by experts, (scientists say) and was 100% wrong.

If everyone and everything says it is true, then it must be.

If a dictator or person in power says it is true, or right, then you are forced to their point of view, even though it is 100% wrong!

B)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tmcom said:

Yes, Eugenics, sterilized 59,000, in the US, around the 70's, taught in school, put in encyclopedias, and textbooks, made into events, endorsed by actors, Winston Churchill being one, pushed by experts, (scientists say) and was 100% wrong.

It started in the 50s. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

It started in the 50s. 

The Nazi Party made it national policy... 

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, third_eye said:

The Nazi Party made it national policy... 

I'm talking about in the U.S. 

The racial integrity laws. Sadler and Plecker's crap.

Plecker erased whole Eastern Remnant Indian bands with his "one drop" rule. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Piney said:

It started in the 50s. 

Ok, but l heard that it took off in the US, California especially from 1970 onwards. But it was taught in schools and considered mainstream science, in the 1920's.

And if some lone scientist back then said it was untrue, he would be labelled a moron, since he wasn't looking at the science, or the science is settled, or 97% of scientists agree, (probably 99% back then) or since Charlie Chaplin and Andrew Carnegie, and H.G. Wells went for it, it must be true.

History is cylindrical and some never get that!

:sleepy:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tmcom said:

History is cylindrical and some never get that!

:lol:

Circular!

• Like 1

Emperor Xi really acts like past Xin Dynasty. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

Emperor Xi really acts like past Xin Dynasty. 

He did abolish presidental term limits last year.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/11/592694991/china-removes-presidential-term-limits-enabling-xi-jinping-to-rule-indefinitely

Edited by spartan max2