Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shops urged to take smart toys off shelves

Still Waters

Children are at risk of being contacted by strangers and seeing offensive images through their must-have smart toys, an investigation has found.

Consumer group Which? found security flaws in toys including walkie talkies, karaoke machines and robots which could leave them open to being hacked, hijacked by other users or lack online filters.

With the UK expected to spend billions of pounds on toys this Christmas, the group is calling on retailers - including John Lewis, Amazon, Argos and Smyths toy store - to withdraw a number of 'connected' or 'intelligent' toys.

https://news.sky.com/story/children-at-risk-of-being-contacted-by-strangers-through-smart-toys-which-finds-11882733

• Like 1

Looking back on my childhood, I often had more fun with the boxes the toys came in than the toys themselves- my imagination was always more fun than the limitations of the toys physical form... (but then I'm a moose - what do I know :D)...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taun said:

Looking back on my childhood, I often had more fun with the boxes the toys came in than the toys themselves- my imagination was always more fun than the limitations of the toys physical form... (but then I'm a moose - what do I know :D)...

You had some crappy toys then :lol:

• Haha 3