Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Birmingham Banksy

freetoroam

Barriers were later installed around the piece in Vyse Street, but a person managed to jump them and deface it on Monday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-birmingham-50728590

Do they know who the person was?  If it is anything like Northampton town it would be one of the homeless drunks who are wrecking the town. 

Sorry,  I only have sympathy for the true homeless people who have not resorted to theft of normal people,  abusing people on the streets,  peeing and shiiting on the streets and are drunk or drugged by midday.

@acute

Here we go. Now i have had my moan I am going to watch some more silly adverts to moan about instead.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What's wrong with that? It's an entirely appropriate seasonal reference. Surely "banksy" himself is a graffitist, does he have sole right of ownership to the walls he does his artworks on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Do they know who the person was?

A homeless chap who frequents that bench, I think.

Banksy is believed to be Robin Gunningham, born on 28 July 1973 in Yate, 12 miles (19 km) from Bristol.

Several of Gunningham's associates and former schoolmates at Bristol Cathedral School have corroborated this rumour, and in 2016, a study found that the incidence of Banksy's works correlated with the known movements of Gunningham.

:huh:

8 hours ago, acute said:

and in 2016, a study found that the incidence of Banksy's works correlated with the known movements of Gunningham.

Who has been following the movements of Robin Gunningham that closely? :huh:

2 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Who has been following the movements of Robin Gunningham that closely? :huh:

I dunno..... Mrs Gunningham?