Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Case For Plant Life On Mars

ocpaul20

I present my evidence for fungi and plant life on Mars. With plant life there could be other life which exists on that plant life, such as insects, animals and possibly other higher plants than fungi and lichens. It could also account for the methane and oxygen anomalously seen by the NASA rovers at various times in the past.

First of all these are my theories and are of course, just speculations. However, I see evidence in the form of main parent plant, fruiting body with stalk "dimple", fruiting bodies in various stages of decay (on-stalk, newly fallen, dried-out). I see spores which have been ejected from the fruiting bodies and finally fruiting body stalks, I see budding new plants too and I will try and show all of these things and see what you all think.

1. Main parent fungal plant. This is NOT concretions weathering out of rock. I see no weathering here, do you?
Link 1
Link 2

2. Fruiting body with stalk "dimple" (see bottom right quadrant) - shows dimples where the stalk (see stalk below) attaches to spherule.
Link 1
image on this post below

3. Fruiting bodies in various stages of decay - on-stalk 1P319403516ESFABCXP2563L5M1 Sol 2154 Oppo Pancam

(These images show stalks with spherules on top, not easy to see)
Link 1
Link 2

4. fruiting bodies in various stages of decay - newly fallen
5. fruiting bodies in various stages of decay - dried-out
Link 1
(These are not smooth concretions but have 'furry' covering to them as if they are decomposing)

6. I see spores which have been ejected from the fruiting bodies (already shown posted in insect thread (Link here) )

7. fruiting body stalk (see bottom left corner) (1M145850153EFF3505P2977M2M1, 1M145852648EFF3505P2957M2M1)
The "platform" which on the end of the stalk fits into the 'dimples' in the spherules.
Link 1
Link 2

8. budding new plants
This also shows a growing 'stalk' (Sol 199, MI, Oppo)
Link 1

In the light of this 'evidence',  I would be interested to hear how you agree with the NASA scientists assertions these blueberries on Mars are ONLY hematite concretions (I do however think there may be concretions as well as these fungi plants, so they are not telling lies but I suspect only half-truths)

PIA18885_hires_650.png

dimples_20050325_1M165025937EFF5200P2956M2M1_500.JPG

Edited by ocpaul20
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some images I could not fit into first post.

Photo 1 - slightly above centre, stalk with spherule sticking out of ground at an angle (see photo 3 close-up)

Photo 2 - top left spherule has 2 buds growing from holes also another growing from ground centre top

Photo 4 - odd worm/insect/gas hole between spherules, also shows many spores all over the ground, decaying and dessicating spherules

spherule_onstalk_1P319403516ESFABCXP2563L5M1_cut1_500.jpg

20040815_1M145852935EFF3505P2906M2M1_500.JPG

fruitingbody_1P319403516ESFABCXP256.jpg

insect_hole_1M132267223EFF05AMP2937M2M1_500.JPG

Would be cool.

Though we have had the Mars Rover there for a while so I feel like if plant life was found it probably would of made world news.

I'm not much of a space enthusiast myself, so could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Though we have had the Mars Rover there for a while so I feel like if plant life was found it probably would of made world news.

Unless there is a conspiracy... to suppress the disclosure of life on Mars. Thats speculation but either way, it seems to me as if there is evidence for some further investigation and research.

Another thread of made up nonsense.

12 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

I present my evidence for fungi and plant life on Mars. With plant life there could be other life which exists on that plant life, such as insects, animals and possibly other higher plants than fungi and lichens. It could also account for the methane and oxygen anomalously seen by the NASA rovers at various times in the past.

First of all these are my theories and are of course, just speculations. However, I see evidence in the form of main parent plant, fruiting body with stalk "dimple", fruiting bodies in various stages of decay (on-stalk, newly fallen, dried-out). I see spores which have been ejected from the fruiting bodies and finally fruiting body stalks, I see budding new plants too and I will try and show all of these things and see what you all think.

1. Main parent fungal plant. This is NOT concretions weathering out of rock. I see no weathering here, do you?
Link 1
Link 2

2. Fruiting body with stalk "dimple" (see bottom right quadrant) - shows dimples where the stalk (see stalk below) attaches to spherule.
Link 1
image on this post below

3. Fruiting bodies in various stages of decay - on-stalk 1P319403516ESFABCXP2563L5M1 Sol 2154 Oppo Pancam

(These images show stalks with spherules on top, not easy to see)
Link 1
Link 2

4. fruiting bodies in various stages of decay - newly fallen
5. fruiting bodies in various stages of decay - dried-out
Link 1
(These are not smooth concretions but have 'furry' covering to them as if they are decomposing)

6. I see spores which have been ejected from the fruiting bodies (already shown posted in insect thread (Link here) )

7. fruiting body stalk (see bottom left corner) (1M145850153EFF3505P2977M2M1, 1M145852648EFF3505P2957M2M1)
The "platform" which on the end of the stalk fits into the 'dimples' in the spherules.
Link 1
Link 2

8. budding new plants
This also shows a growing 'stalk' (Sol 199, MI, Oppo)
Link 1

In the light of this 'evidence',  I would be interested to hear how you agree with the NASA scientists assertions these blueberries on Mars are ONLY hematite concretions (I do however think there may be concretions as well as these fungi plants, so they are not telling lies but I suspect only half-truths)

Quite a bad effort to play a joke I think.

The first set of photos shows a highly weathered rock that is evidence of a wet environment. The concretions are spherical because the forces involved are isotropic. You might want to take an intro geology course to learn about weathering.

Then you claim a stalk attachment. This to inorganic spherules. How funny is that. First, please show us something organic. You might want to show something with internal structures. If you don't know what that means then please take an intro biology course. Most high schools offer them.

In the next set of photos taken at a different scale we have the laughable suggestion of decay. There is no decay in those photos. There is more evidence of weathering. You can see the ripples of the aeolian deposits. I'm sure you know that you are using photos of wildly different magnifications, but then again you might not.

Then you go back to your joke of ejected spores, yet have no shown a single piece of organic material. 

Then you claim something that cannot be seen is a stalk. Please show us an organic stalk. Please show us a stalk. That doesn't look like a stalk at all.

Just to demonstrate how laughable your story is you claim two connected concretions is evidence of a stalk forming. It looks nothing at all like the object you claimed to be a stalk.

This thread seems to be a rehash of articles written by a Rhawn Joseph that have been uploaded to ResearchGate.

These articles make many rather bizarre conspiratorial claims and do not appear to have been in general published anywhere, but have been uploaded.

Citations to these articles show that the claims made are without merit. 

• Like 4

A little search and we find out a little about this wing nut Rhawn Joseph.

https://www.space.com/24529-mars-mystery-rock-nasa-lawsuit.html

Joseph says he’s an astrobiologist with a long string of papers published in "leading journals." But he’s also affiliated with the questionable Journal of Cosmology that has a habit of publishing below-par research on alleged aliens in meteorites and aliens floating in the upper atmosphere, so that may explain a few things.

Read just above the following quote for a little insight into RJ.

As the writ has no foundation, especially as Opportunity has already done some pretty thorough analysis of the rock using its suite of cameras and microscopic imager, this is just an attention-seeking effort that highlights the day-to-day frustrations scientists face when confronted with individuals with overactive imaginations. The real search for extraterrestrial life is far more interesting and a little more scientific than thinking you can see a fungus growing from the Martian surface.

• Like 2

@ocpaul20 have you never been in a cave?  All those pictures look like minerals that has been subjected to dripping or flowing water.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Unless there is a conspiracy... to suppress the disclosure of life on Mars. Thats speculation but either way, it seems to me as if there is evidence for some further investigation and research.

If there were a conspiracy to suppress life on mars it would be sentient life, not fungi.  What purpose would be served by suppressing life on mars if it is only fungi or single celled life?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

If there were a conspiracy to suppress life on mars it would be sentient life, not fungi.  What purpose would be served by suppressing life on mars if it is only fungi or single celled life?

I'm partially sentient...and some people say I'm a....Fun....GI....

• Haha 1

The only life I remember being found on Mars was water and perhaps Fungi. 

Yes, I expected some stick on this one.

In case any of you cannot see the 'stalk' I posted the image of it in Post #4

Look at the bottom left as I suggested and not at the double spherule (or as I see it as a double co-joined fruiting body). Try to concentrate and read what I posted eh?

Edited by ocpaul20

On 12/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, ocpaul20 said:

First of all, expert geologists ( I actually feel funny having to put those two words together, but these kind of threads necessitate it) agree on what these pictures show, indeed, not one of them deviates.

Second of all, what does the word 'Magnetosphere' mean to you?

Edited by Gaden
  • Like 1

On a lifeless, barren, uninhabited, weak-winded planet, there is nothing which can produce 'stick-like' things, unless they are caused by wind erosion over millions of years. What Martian water or wind erosion characteristic could cause the 'stalk' that I showed in the image to form 'naturally' ?

Water, either now or in the past, flowing over rock wears down the rock to a smooth surface. We see plenty of wind and water erosion here on Earth. Some of these Martian spherules have furry surfaces. What could cause that? Not water or wind?

I think you all need to move on from what science has been telling you and use your brain to look at the evidence presented. Then try to explain what we are seeing.

There is a large amount of criticism of my theory and very little constructive explanation what might be the cause of these features shown.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

On a lifeless, barren, uninhabited, weak-winded planet, there is nothing which can produce 'stick-like' things, unless they are caused by wind erosion over millions of years. What Martian water or wind erosion characteristic could cause the 'stalk' that I showed in the image to form 'naturally' ?

Water, either now or in the past, flowing over rock wears down the rock to a smooth surface. We see plenty of wind and water erosion here on Earth. Some of these Martian spherules have furry surfaces. What could cause that? Not water or wind?

I think you all need to move on from what science has been telling you and use your brain to look at the evidence presented. Then try to explain what we are seeing.

There is a large amount of criticism of my theory and very little constructive explanation what might be the cause of these features shown.

The recent reports are that there has been water on mars and of course there are winds on mars all the time.  You just don't read the real reports apparently.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

You never showed it was a stalk. You showed a feature which you claimed was a stalk.  You imagined that it was a stick-like thing.

There are no furry surfaces as you claim. 

Why makes up stories that are clearly incorrect?

I think you need to stop fantasizing and use your brain to understand your glaringly obvious mistakes.

Explanations have been provided. You have provided zip, zilch, nothing.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, stereologist said:

You never showed it was a stalk. You showed a feature which you claimed was a stalk.  You imagined that it was a stick-like thing.

There are no furry surfaces as you claim. 

Why makes up stories that are clearly incorrect?

I think you need to stop fantasizing and use your brain to understand your glaringly obvious mistakes.

Explanations have been provided. You have provided zip, zilch, nothing.

Can we stick to discussing the evidence I presented and stop attacking me personally. It does not achieve anything constructive.

So, how do I show it is a stalk then? I have drawn attention to and shown the straightish pointy thing at the bottom left of the image in post #4. Yes, I claimed furry surfaces because these 'concretions' are not round and formed by dripping(!) or flowing water. In my opinion, they are dessicated and deflated and have discharged their original contents which were fungi spores (as seen all over the ground in several images).

I claimed it was a stalk because thats what I think it is, given the other things which fit in with that (the 'dimples' in the spherules, the images of other spherules on stalks, the buds of growing stalks). So, which part of all that can you explain away? None I guess otherwise you would have done so rather than calling me a fantasizing liar who is making up stories. (see the bolded part above)

Explanations have NOT been provided. Please, I would love to read them for this presented evidence.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:41 PM, Robotic Jew said:

Matt Damon grew potatoes there. So it's possible!

Yea. But it would not have been possible without his $hit, don't think there is much organic matter laying there.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 9:11 AM, ocpaul20 said:

You just said the magic word in your statement above THEORY.  You see the problem is that your theory is not backed up by the Scientific Community. Then you say we need to move from what the Scientific Communities are saying and listen you. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but who are you? 

When you come to a forum, any forum and express a theory that gos against everything known to be true. It's advisable that you have Granite evidence to back it up. I looked at the links you posted, I even blew them up by a factor of 10 and I could not see what your talking about.

if I were you I would apologize to the other members of this thread for trying to force your opinion upon them. If you think I am wrong, that's ok just keep marching on, but if you do, you will never gain any respect on thus forum or any other.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 6:11 PM, ocpaul20 said:

Why? Why should we discount what an expert on the subject has to say? So, scientists were good enough to figure out how to get a rocket off of Earth's surface, travel 157 MILLION miles, land a rover that they designed and figured out how to operate from 157 MILLION miles away, gather samples for examination and take pictures, but for some reason we should check with you instead of these people? No explanation we could give would be better than what NASA geologists have given. If you are going to claim that you know better than these EXPERTS about what you see in these pictures, then every bit of criticism you receive is well deserved.

OK, so I am not going to engage any further unless anyone wants to discuss properly what is propsed. Those who want to believe everything NASA scientists say, which is these are concretions weathered out of rock, can go ahead and believe that.

I have asked for opinions on my theory based on the photographic evidence. I do not say I am a trained scientist, but... science should be open to new ideas and all I am asking is, for you science-types to consider the photographic evidence I have presented - without listening to the NASA articles which say that these spherules are ALL concretions. I have admittted that there probably are SOME concretions as well, whats your problem with a proper look at the photos? It is easy to criticise the one who brings new hypothesis to the table, and science has a history of doing this, but you should actually consider the photos and what they propose to show.

I suggest the images we see of spherules coming out of the 'rock' are not what they appear. As the first photo shows, I suggest they are fruiting bodies being 'birthed' from the parent fungi mass. If these were all hematite concretions, I feel we should be able to see, in areas where there are many of these things, piles of concretions weathered out of local rock and sitting on the ground in piles in front of these rocks. After all, apparently the wind is not that strong, and weathering takes a long, long time on Mars. If you feel the spherules have somehow got to their final resting place in some other way, then say so. If they have been washed downstream from being weathered out of rocks somewhere else, then I would expect to see them in channels where the water once flowed. If you have an explanation how these spherules came to be spread across the ground in a fairly even pattern, then suggest a likely explanation which maybe does not involve water or weathering because the evidence in the Mars images does not support this.