Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poll: Times 2019 person of the year

spartan max2

TIME Person of the year 2019  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the most influential person of 2019?

• Nancy Pelosi
    • Donald Trump
    • The Whistleblower
    • The Hong Kong Protesters
    • Greta Thunberg

These are the top five left for Time magazines 2019 person of the year (most influential person).

The polling for it is going on right now so I figured I'd see how UM would vote it.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, acidhead said:

HOW DARE YOU!

IMG_20191210_162516.jpg

Yeah forgot to add her into the top five for a second lol

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Yeah forgot to add her into the top five for a second lol

I voted for her in your poll not because I want her to win... But for who I believe will be chosen by the majority in the Time poll

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I voted for her in your poll not because I want her to win... But for who I believe will be chosen by the majority in the Time poll

Reasonable guess.

If she wins I hope she has to fly to NYC to claim the prize ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I voted for Trump.

Having everybody in the world mocking you, your country fighting among themselves like Rhode Island reds , a lawyer that's worse than a parody of himself and a very obviously gay vice president ( which I find very brazen :yes:) is quite a world influence. 

:nw: Long live the Great Orange One! You have my vote in 20! :tu:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Piney said:

I voted for Trump.

Having everybody in the world mocking you, your country fighting among themselves like Rhode Island reds , a lawyer that's worse than a parody of himself and a very obviously gay vice president ( which I find very brazen :yes:) is quite a world influence. 

Great answer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

I voted for Trump.

He can have my vote as well, it’s worth exactly the same as yours :p

• Thanks 1

This is a complete non-question surely.

"How dare you! How dare you!" 

But where's her fellow saint-who-just-wants-to-save-humanity-from-itself-however-richly-deserved-it-would-be, and mega-multibillionaire, Elton Musk?  <_<

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

But where's her fellow saint-who-just-wants-to-save-humanity-from-itself-however-richly-deserved-it-would-be, and mega-multibillionaire, Elton Musk?  <_<

I think Artificial Intelligence has locked him out... after he warned people about it...

Times Person of the Year....?....."That's something I cannot allow to happen, Elon......."

^_^

Edited by bee
  • Haha 2

I've gone for Donald Trump.... because he is the genuinely most influential person...
but I expect Greta will win it because she is being HEAVILY promoted by the Flock...

lol about the Whistleblower choice... seeing as no one is supposed to know who it is..

Maybe the TDS sufferers will clinch it for them...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bee said:

I've gone for Donald Trump.... because he is the genuinely most influential person...
but I expect Greta will win it because she is being HEAVILY promoted by the Flock...

lol about the Whistleblower choice... seeing as no one is supposed to know who it is..

Maybe the TDS sufferers will clinch it for them...

Maybe they could give it to “all”whistleblowers? There’s a hooptydoo in Oz with whistleblowers as well ATM.

32 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Maybe they could give it to “all”whistleblowers? There’s a hooptydoo in Oz with whistleblowers as well ATM.

while Julian Assange rots in jail........ :(

Not blaming Australia for that although as an Australian he hasn't had any (much) support from
his home country... I'm blaming all the Five Eyes Countries especially the UK as '''we''' are the ones
keeping him locked up and slowly killing him ... :(

But I digress... that's what came to my mind when I read your post...

• Like 1

And the winner is.. Greta Thunberg, of the actually Times. 

Just as a clarification on, it does TIMES does not often follow the vote so it dosent mean she got the most votes. Times uses the vote as more a a recommendation then anything.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/greta-thunberg-time-s-2019-person-year-n1099396

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Time's "Person of the Year" is worth as much as the Nobel Peace Prize. That being said, was Greta really "influential"? Popular and controversial but not really influential, imo.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Time's "Person of the Year" is worth as much as the Nobel Peace Prize. That being said, was Greta really "influential"? Popular and controversial but not really influential, imo.

Same.

I have nonething against her and I think climate change is a problem.

But I don't really see how she has done anything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Same.

I have nonething against her and I think climate change is a problem.

But I don't really see how she has done anything.

Oh I don’t know, she’s certainly energised the global warming/environment debate. When she speaks people listen and comment. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Well, perhaps we were not her target audience.  Did she not spur other young people across the globe to  stay away from school to protest climate inaction?  I think in recent years over a million kids participated.  Will they retain their beliefs and fervor as they grow up and become the generation in charge of running the world?  Remains to be seen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, perhaps we were not her target audience.  Did she not spur other young people across the globe to  stay away from school to protest climate inaction?  I think in recent years over a million kids participated.  Will they retain their beliefs and fervor as they grow up and become the generation in charge of running the world?  Remains to be seen.

...another reason why Greta should win the award. Not only does she represent the environment but also a younger generation willing to take responsibility and action to better the world they’ll inherit.

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Oh I don’t know, she’s certainly energised the global warming/environment debate. When she speaks people listen and comment. 

Yeah I guess so.

Perhaps I'm just salty because I felt the HKers should of won lol.

They were vastly in the lead when I voted, but the TIMES often does not go by the vote because they just use it as a recommendation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1