Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
spartan max2

Poll: Times 2019 person of the year

TIME Person of the year 2019  

23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who was the most influential person of 2019?

    • Nancy Pelosi
      1
    • Donald Trump
      5
    • The Whistleblower
      3
    • The Hong Kong Protesters
      7
    • Greta Thunberg
      7


39 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

spartan max2

Also 

Quote

Keanu Reeves, the actor who developed such a passionate fanbase that a change.org petition was created to make him the 2019 Person of the Year, came in third place and was selected by nearly 4.5% of readers.

Lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Dark_Grey
1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

...another reason why Greta should win the award. Not only does she represent the environment but also a younger generation willing to take responsibility and action to better the world they’ll inherit.

She's backed by multinational banks who want to usher in a global "carbon credit" system. Greta and these movements are as organic as concrete.

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Oh I don’t know, she’s certainly energised the global warming/environment debate. When she speaks people listen and comment. 

"energized" is putting it mildly lol but people are definitely commenting

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

...another reason why Greta should win the award. Not only does she represent the environment but also a younger generation willing to take responsibility and action to better the world they’ll inherit.


or is she and other young people being weaponized to push an agenda through...?
It's just a worry because young people can be very impressionable before they have gained
life experience... and could be brain washed easily... especially when they are scared half to
death with all the gloom and doom stuff... 

Different place, different time, different participants..???

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Oh I don’t know, she’s certainly energised the global warming/environment debate. When she speaks people listen and comment. 

They comment about her...not sure they are actually discussing the environment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

She's backed by multinational banks who want to usher in a global "carbon credit" system. Greta and these movements are as organic as concrete.

"energized" is putting it mildly lol but people are definitely commenting

 Never really looked at who or why she’s being funded. Still not convinced that carbon credits is a bad thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
51 minutes ago, bee said:


or is she and other young people being weaponized to push an agenda through...?
It's just a worry because young people can be very impressionable before they have gained
life experience... and could be brain washed easily... especially when they are scared half to
death with all the gloom and doom stuff... 

Different place, different time, different participants..???

 

 

She’s passionate about the environment. Probably more so than your average teen. I have a teenager and even thought not as passionate about the environment he’s certainly aware of the issues. It’s a generational thing that we need to accept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
10 minutes ago, skliss said:

They comment about her...not sure they are actually discussing the environment.

What is they say about all publicly is good publicity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth

Greta. Do I think she is really influential, no but she certainly gets much attention. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

She’s passionate about the environment. Probably more so than your average teen. I have a teenager and even thought not as passionate about the environment he’s certainly aware of the issues. It’s a generational thing that we need to accept.

Her mother, an opera singer,  and father, an actor, have written a family autobiography.

Pardon my cynicism but I harbour apprehension concerning the sincerity of the display of passion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range

Sounds like a case of the good ol GDS.  Greta derangement syndrome.  The strange hate towards a teenage girl is certainly interesting to see.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Her mother, an opera singer,  and father, an actor, have written a family autobiography.

Pardon my cynicism but I harbour apprehension concerning the sincerity of the display of passion.

So the picture you’re painting is one of cleaver manipulation by the parents. Possible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
22 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

What is they say about all publicly is good publicity.

Not when it becomes more about the messenger than the message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Doug1029
On 12/11/2019 at 2:31 PM, Dark_Grey said:

She's backed by multinational banks who want to usher in a global "carbon credit" system. Greta and these movements are as organic as concrete.

"energized" is putting it mildly lol but people are definitely commenting

Carbon credits, as visualized by those banks, won't work.  They don't reduce pollution; all they do is move it around.  There is a better method, but I doubt those banks are going to like it.

Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
2 hours ago, skliss said:

Not when it becomes more about the messenger than the message.

The right are only making it about thr messenger to distract from the message.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.