Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
WVK

Article: Democrats’ Cannibalistic Ideology

Recommended Posts

WVK

 

"Once liberalism and progressivism give way to Jacobinism — and they often do, as we have seen in revolutionary France, China, and Russia — no leftist is safe from the downward spiral to ideological cannibalism. Yesterday’s true believer is today’s counterrevolutionary and tomorrow’s enemy of the people."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/democrats-cannibalistic-ideology/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
RabidMongoose
Just now, WVK said:

"Once liberalism and progressivism give way to Jacobinism — and they often do, as we have seen in revolutionary France, China, and Russia — no leftist is safe from the downward spiral to ideological cannibalism. Yesterday’s true believer is today’s counterrevolutionary and tomorrow’s enemy of the people."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/democrats-cannibalistic-ideology/

Are you suggesting that those states which heavily support the Democrats might declare independence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
8 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Are you suggesting that those states which heavily support the Democrats might declare independence?

No, that is not what he is suggesting. Mind you, it's not that much of a reach. Consider how many Democratic states have included illegal "Sanctuary Cities", which have driven a divide between local, state and federal law enforcement. 

Mind you, I'm not entirely sure what he IS suggesting... it's a bit of a rambling piece. Apparently we're all going to become Jacobites ? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Are you suggesting that those states which heavily support the Democrats might declare independence?

You should take the time to read the article.  It's logic is historically sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

No, that is not what he is suggesting. Mind you, it's not that much of a reach. Consider how many Democratic states have included illegal "Sanctuary Cities", which have driven a divide between local, state and federal law enforcement. 

Mind you, I'm not entirely sure what he IS suggesting... it's a bit of a rambling piece. Apparently we're all going to become Jacobites ? 

My understanding was that he is explaining how the current revolutionary bent of the Democrat Party will come back to bite them AND the rest of America in time.  It's about the extremism in the DNC and its supporters.  His use of Jacobinism is rather esoteric, I admit, but it fits:

From Wiki -

Today, the terms "Jacobin" and "Jacobinism" are used in a variety of senses. In Britain, where the term "Jacobin" has been linked primarily to the Mountain, it is sometimes used as a pejorative for radical left-wing revolutionary politics, especially when it exhibits dogmatism and violent repression.[

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
6 hours ago, WVK said:

 

"Once liberalism and progressivism give way to Jacobinism — and they often do, as we have seen in revolutionary France, China, and Russia — no leftist is safe from the downward spiral to ideological cannibalism. Yesterday’s true believer is today’s counterrevolutionary and tomorrow’s enemy of the people."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/democrats-cannibalistic-ideology/

 

44062b0a7341d30cc663e74ea91240ac2c384fd4edbceee2ec8c3befe6c29b31.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
6 hours ago, WVK said:

 

"Once liberalism and progressivism give way to Jacobinism — and they often do, as we have seen in revolutionary France, China, and Russia — no leftist is safe from the downward spiral to ideological cannibalism. Yesterday’s true believer is today’s counterrevolutionary and tomorrow’s enemy of the people."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/democrats-cannibalistic-ideology/

Well, naturally. Once you’ve lead a revolution against the system, and become the System, the first thing you need to do is round up all your former comrades because they’ve proven they’re capable and willing to revolt. Can’t have that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.