Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Huawei espionage revealed?

zep73

It has been suspected for long, that China is using Huawei for espionage, although no direct evidence for it has been seen. Maybe until now.

A secret recording has revealed the Chinese ambassador threatening the president of the Faroe Islands, to use Huawei as their provider for their 5G network, or to lose their trade agreement.

Is that the "smoking Huawei-gun" the west has been looking for?

Full monty: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/12/11/chinese-ambassador-threatens-withdraw-trade-deal-faroe-islands/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Like we don't already know that if it goes online at all it's not a secret anymore.

Or we should.

Only unknown is who is reading it and filing it somewhere.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Like we don't already know that if it goes online at all it's not a secret anymore.

Or we should.

Only unknown is who is reading it and filing it somewhere.

HTTPS (TLS) is encrypted with 128 bits or with 256 bits. It can be cracked, but it takes too long to do it, for intelligence agencies to wanna waste time on ordinary citizens daily usage.

Your HTTPS traffic is secure. At least as long as you avoid Huawei products :D

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I wouldn't say it's a 100 hundred percent smoking gun. But it adds to the claim.

Though I'm sure China is using Huawei to spy or at least is planning to. It's in too instrumental of a spot for an intellegence agency to ignore.

It seems pretty reasonable to assume they are using the company based on all the other spying going on:

Chinese spy allegations going on in Austrailia. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50541082

Tiawan

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/25/world/asia/taiwan-china-spying-elections.html

Canada

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2019/09/15/canada-arrests-chinese-spy-after-being-tipped-off-by-u-s-intelligence/

And The U.S guy I had a thread about

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/22/782081965/ex-cia-officer-sentenced-to-19-years-for-conspiracy-to-spy-for-china

• Like 3

The fact that Huawai can be forced by the Chinese gouvernment to "support" and to "cooperate" for whatever reasons, is reason enough to avoid and boycott their products on principle.

• Like 5

Chinese ambassador threatening the president of the Faroe Islands, to use Huawei as their provider for their 5G network, or to lose their trade agreement.

that is not espionage, extortion is more like it,  ambassador is getting paid by the company most likely,  not saying huawei isn't involved in espionage, but this is not  the proof, nor even an evidence of it

• Like 5

image.jpg?w=1920&h=1080

Hey they Johnny, ni hao MA? 

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, aztek said:

ambassador is getting paid by the company most likely

China doesn't work that way. The communist party in China has absolute power. They tell their companies to jump, and the companies respond "how high?".

this is not  the proof, nor even an evidence of it

This proves that the communist party are calling the shots in Huawei.
There is a broad consensus among European politicians, that this is the smoking gun regarding Huawei being used as a spying tool.

But even if they should be innocent, the ship has sailed. No western government is ever going to trust Huawei.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, toast said:

The fact that Huawai can be forced by the Chinese gouvernment to "support" and to "cooperate" for whatever reasons, is reason enough to avoid and boycott their products on principle.

Why and how you taking the decision of commenting the post ? 

Edited by The Eternal Flame

Fact check... 

[00.17:07]

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

A secret recording has revealed the Chinese ambassador threatening the president of the Faroe Islands, to use Huawei as their provider for their 5G network, or to lose their trade agreement.

Not very nice is it?  A high official from a big country asking the president of a small and vulnerable country for a favor?   

But then I hear that is the way foreign policy is supposed to work.  I am sure if we interview the president of the Faroe Islands he will say he felt no pressure..  I don't know if third-eye speaks Mandarin, but if he could translate, we might find that it was a perfect call.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Like I said earlier, and Third Eye's video supports, if you put it online, assume its being seen by someone else.

Simple.

• Like 5

Meanwhile

China has told government offices and state-run institutions to get rid of all foreign computers and software in the next three years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/china-computer-ban-google-microsoft-intel-huawei-a9239146.html

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

A very sensible precaution on their part. Who KNOWS what "back doors" DEL and HP have put into their desktops. 

We should be doing it to their IT products, of all types, for the same reasons. Throw those Lenovo computers OUT ! :)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

A very sensible precaution on their part. Who KNOWS what "back doors" DEL and HP have put into their desktops. 

We should be doing it to their IT products, of all types, for the same reasons. Throw those Lenovo computers OUT ! :)

I agree it's smart and we should be doing the same thing.

It's extremely naive to assume a goverment is not using a massive tech company to try and spy.

Which is why we should be concerned about allowing Huweia became such a massive and instrumental part of our infrastructure.

• Like 2

Like apple haven't been doing it for years.:innocent:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Easy now... I have a Lenovo, so let's be reasonable.

11 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Easy now... I have a Lenovo, so let's be reasonable.

Step... AWAY.. from the keyboard and assume the position...:P 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

We should be doing it to their IT products, of all types, for the same reasons. Throw those Lenovo computers OUT !

My son works in the software industry.  Software now is so big and complex and worked on by so many teams, there are always problems and surprises.  Programmers leave in their own back doors as a way to get in and fix problems that lock up the other inputs.  They are supposed to take them out when the software is debugged and production ready.  Those are the private ones, not the ones put in by design that the software company or government might require.  Hard to tell just how many different "back doors" there might be in a big software bundle and who has the keys.  

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
4 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Good job U.K :tu:.

I've been reading that earlier last year the U.K was looking into South Korea and Japanese companies to do the 5G network instead.

I hope other nations follow suite. There are plenty of other companies to give business to that are not security risk.

• Like 1

Appeasing the madness... 

Twitter is to delete "unverified claims" that could lead directly to the destruction of critical infrastructure or cause widespread ...

15 Apr 2020 · Despite there being no link between 5G and the coronavirus , infrastructure has been damaged and ...

10 Apr 2020 · A conspiracy theory linking the spread of the coronavirus to 5G wireless technology has spurred more than 100 ...

UK 5g network towers destroyed from www.businessinsider.com

6 May 2020 · Arsonists in the UK have been destroying 5G phone masts, apparently spurred on by a coronavirus ...

~

Scapegoats on the altar... 

~

10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Appeasing the madness... 

~

Scapegoats on the altar... 

~

Nice job conflating two seperate things :tu:

• Haha 1