Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tips lead to arrest of potential mass shooter

OverSword

A San Diego County man is in police custody after posting graphic videos on YouTube where he appeared to be practicing a mass shooting, police said.

Steven Homoki, 30, was arrested on Thursday on suspicion of possession of an assault weapon, possession of a high capacity magazine and child endangerment, San Diego police said in a statement Friday.

Authorities received a tip about Homoki, of Spring Valley, California, on Monday, concerning videos he posted online. The tipster reportedly said Homoki had “gone off the deep end” and said he had a “plan” in place, according to NBC San Diego.

In the videos, Homoki is seen in a San Diego hotel room with several guns, magazines and bullets. The video appears to shows Homoki loading the guns, crawling on a bullet-strewn floor, loading guns and pointing the weapons at pedestrians out the window.

Link

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

:no:

Edited by The Eternal Flame

I was skeptical at first that this guy was actually a danger, and not just some guy who liked collecting and shooting guns. We have made obstacle gun courses in the woods where to an outsider it may have looked like you were training for a mass shooting. Including shooting those explosive targets you can get at gun stores. There are plenty of people who would consider that crazy, and would want to put me away.

That was right up till they said he was pointing the gun at people walking past his hotel window. Assuming that's true, well, its disturbing. To say the least. Better safe than sorry with this guy. Get him some help.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I was skeptical at first that this guy was actually a danger, and not just some guy who liked collecting and shooting guns. We have made obstacle gun courses in the woods where to an outsider it may have looked like you were training for a mass shooting. Including shooting those explosive targets you can get at gun stores. There are plenty of people who would consider that crazy, and would want to put me away.

That was right up till they said he was pointing the gun at people walking past his hotel window. Assuming that's true, well, its disturbing. To say the least. Better safe than sorry with this guy. Get him some help.

Same, im unsure if the person would neccesairly be a mass shooter, but I figured better safe then sorry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Click the link and watch the video. Make sure the sound is on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I was skeptical at first that this guy was actually a danger, and not just some guy who liked collecting and shooting guns. We have made obstacle gun courses in the woods where to an outsider it may have looked like you were training for a mass shooting.

It's a really small hop to go from arresting a "potential mass shooter" to arresting militia members, enthusiasts, etc. A lot of freedom was traded for feelings of security after 9/11...looks like the trend continues. I'm not saying they were wrong for arresting this guy but it's an eerie thing to watch.

• Like 1

:no: