Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robert and Tristan

Robert and Tristan

I hope I am posting in the correct forum...

Dear Sirs and Madams,

My name is Robert and I am a 57 year old male, single, no kids. Tristan is my angel that is literally with me all the time and though he has let me know he 14 billion years old to me he appears as an 8 year old boy. Beautiful absolutely.

Before I go on let me qualify what I am saying to you. I have consulted 2 doctors, both psychiatric doctors. One is a friend of mine and practices in CA and the other is my current physician whom I see for depression and anxiety and rather mundane stuff that is none of your business.

When I first became aware of Tristan I immediately consulted both. The first one my friend said it sounded like a “non standard state of consciousness” and referred me to someone called Stanislav Grof. I did a cursory look into Dr. Grof and found him and his ideas to be a lot to digest but I got the gist of his research and focus. Later this same doctor friend suggested that Tristan could be someone I am channeling, like – damn I cannot remember there names – but it was a well documented case history of channeling. The other doctor I consulted is, as I said, my current doctor. I will not tell you his name but I can tell you he is very prestigious and has consulted on the new DSM 5. A very important man. I told him about Tristan and he did not blink. Could care less.

So I am not insane.

I call Tristan an angel but that is just because I haven't a better term yet to describe him. I cannot hear him, like we hear normally and I cannot see him like we see things normally. He is an extrasensory being.

I want you to know that Tristan is not just some echo of my own consciousness. Or a reflection, whatever. I know this. For one thing he has unconditional love and I am NOT at all. That is just not something that is in me. I have even tried to dismiss him. Stop interacting with him totally. I had an anxiety attack over this even. But, all the time I was thinking how I was a ridiculous old man for manifesting my Tristan, all that time, I could sense him with me. Just waiting. Like he had done all my life and until only recently.

I should tell you at this point that Tristan is not crazy about me talking about him. Also, he has made it clear to me that while I may try to understand what exactly he is I will never be able to. And, he will not explain any of his existence to me because he is not - and I should not - promote him as some kind of miracle or something to create a whole cosmology around. He has seen this done to disastrous results before by mankind and is not here now to see anything like that happen again.

But while Tristan is not pleased that I am here now talking about him with you folks, he is not mad. He seems to understand my need to understand. And that is why I am here today.

I wanted to ask if any of you experts, or otherwise knowledgeable in “non standard states of consciousness ” have heard of something like this before? Do you have any clues to why Tristan is here?

I can tell you more of what little I know about my boy – what he has told me. Also about how I found him and about some of the incredible things he can do. I think one clue is found in the fact that preceding 2 years before I became aware of Tristan I was seeing sequenced numbers. Like a LOT. And I did not consult or Google about these numbers until after I met him. I also did some quasi-scientific examination of the issue where I noted down anytime I looked at the clock – the clock being a nearby but not the only source for these numbers to show up. After approx. 3 days I got a ratio of close to 1:7 I would see the sequences against just random sets of numbers. I think that is statistically significant.

Anyhow, I seek guidance. T does not bother me. In fact he is a joy in my life. I just need to understand.

Robert w/ Tristan

Edited by Robert and Tristan

Hi Robert and welcome to UM.

The vocal majority here will not see Tristan as anything but your creation, as they do not believe there is a spiritual component to reality. 

With these subjective challenges and events, you are alone in determining what they are - be it true, Other, thoughtform, imagination, mental illness, angel, Pleiadean.

Tristan is correct to prefer you keep this to yourself or to people who actually care about you. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Hi Robert and welcome to UM.

The vocal majority here will not see Tristan as anything but your creation, as they do not believe there is a spiritual component to reality. 

With these subjective challenges and events, you are alone in determining what they are - be it true, Other, thoughtform, imagination, mental illness, angel, Pleiadean.

Tristan is correct to prefer you keep this to yourself or to people who actually care about you. 

It would be much easier if someone actually proved that there was a spiritual component, rather than it being a subjective psychological need. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Robert and Tristan said:

So I am not insane.

Perhaps not, but your psychiatrists might be. 

The first psychiatrist made a casual diagnosis of a 'non-standard state of consciousness.' I suspect he meant 'non-ordinary', not that it matters, as I don't see how a psychiatrist worth their salt would jump to such a conclusion so readily (if it all for that matter). The second, who sounds more self-important, than important, couldn't care less (your words). Most likely true given his apparent lack of helpfulness.

Which brings you here.

Non-ordinary states of consciousness are states of consciousness that deviate from normal waking consciousness. They could be anything.

Suggest you find yourself a doctor who is truly capable of helping you understand what's going on.

• Like 5

Welcome aboard, Robert.

In all seriousness, you might take @onlookerofmayhem's advice and send a PM to @Mr Walker. Also, on that channeling whose name you can't remember, maybe the Urantia Book? Billions of years old, lamenting the misadventures of the human species - yup, sounds like a job for @Will Due and his favorite reading matter.

Meaning no disrespect, but

1 hour ago, Robert and Tristan said:

I want you to know that Tristan is not just some echo of my own consciousness. Or a reflection, whatever. I know this.

How could you possibly know this?

Also, he has made it clear to me that while I may try to understand what exactly he is I will never be able to.

Again, meaning no disrespect, but maybe Tristan's confidence about that is because he sees that you've flatly ruled out the answer to the puzzle.

Anyway, as comforting as it is to have professional assurance that one isn't insane, and it is, this is wisdom:

48 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Suggest you find yourself a doctor who is truly capable of helping you understand what's going on.

Professionals have a lot more to offer you in your quest for understanding this than comfort.

Finally, if I can just throw a question to another poster:

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

That's not it. Suppose we grant your view of a spiritual component. Why does this component manifest in just the same way as I would expect an intrusion of unconscious contents into conscious experience to look?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, eight bits said:

That's not it. Suppose we grant your view of a spiritual component. Why does this component manifest in just the same way as I would expect an intrusion of unconscious contents into conscious experience to look?

I have no idea what the OP describes here. It could very well be a thought construct. He doesn't think so. His answers will come from his doctor and his family there, not out here. 

The main hallmark that defines the difference between a mental construct and a "real" contact for me is if I see a marked and abrupt positive change in the person as a result. Then it bears more looking at for me in my own work. If it becomes permanent, it is even more persuasive for me. Persuasive, not conclusive. IMO the experiencer is who has to decide that. It is subjective experience.

But, you will never get PROOF. Nearly the entire field of psychology is subjective, though it can show results and improvements with given therapies for given maladies and this is a form of repeated results - aka science. Unlike science, it is not the same in every case for a given experiment. 

If a person does not believe, if they only accept science as their ruler for measuring experiences, then they will use a different vocabulary than someone who does not attribute everything to themselves as their own source. If you do not believe, then so will you.

My ego does not credit me with everything. I do see many of my good breaks and some of the morals of my personal life story to be due to a collaboration with Other in part. I believe in God. Perhaps that is the difference. I allow room for that potential when I consider an experience or a client asking me for help.

IMO, we have barely touched the surface of the whole concept of Consciousness. All the best in the field are doing is the best they can until we learn more.

Anyway, back to the OP. This is not about me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi Robert and welcome to UM.:st:su:st:su:st:sk

Edited by The Eternal Flame
  • Like 1

I am digesting all that you kind people are telling me.

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Sounds like a thoughtform. A "manifestation" from your subconscious for whatever reason.

So far I am leaning towards this idea. The thoughtform. A pooka. That idea, the pooka, is something I have only recently started to consider myself. Interesting.

9 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Talk to @Mr Walker.

He has an angel/god/imaginary buddy too.

I am going to follow up with this. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Yeah, that seems like good advice. I have a curious nature. I suppose in some way I want to believe I am special, unique that I have this ongoing experience. Also, it is very hard to hear Tristan. I need to concentrate and it helps to be alone. I just wanted to be sure there wasn't any significance that I was missing. I am happy to just enjoy my luck and enjoy our own company.

8 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Perhaps not, but your psychiatrists might be. 

The first psychiatrist made a casual diagnosis of a 'non-standard state of consciousness.' I suspect he meant 'non-ordinary', not that it matters, as I don't see how a psychiatrist worth their salt would jump to such a conclusion so readily (if it all for that matter). The second, who sounds more self-important, than important, couldn't care less (your words). Most likely true given his apparent lack of helpfulness.

Which brings you here.

Non-ordinary states of consciousness are states of consciousness that deviate from normal waking consciousness. They could be anything.

He may have said non-ordinary. I cannot find the original message. Semantics. Is that really the important take-away? You will just have to trust that I am telling you the truth about those doctors I consulted. They are both brilliant and both know me better than I know myself, I think it is safe to say. Like you said these states of consciousness "...could be anything." So therefore I do not see dismissal of my doctors ability to be valid. a) the first one made no conclusions by your own admission and b)  you really don't know of whom I refer so therefore have no basis to say disparage him and his care of me.

Still I do appreciate you taking your valuable time to reply to my request for guidance. Please understand if I just do not agree with your subtext being that I am insane. I am not. It is not a delusion. I am not psychotic. If anything my claims might be dismissed as a pathetic affectation from a lonely old man. I am not affecting anything - though I may be pathetic to some. I am only curious.

------------------------------------------

Thank you everyone. I have some new things to think about.

One last thing... T tells me that all of you, everyone, has there own "angel" like him. It has something to do with the way we humans are all connected. It is hard to get him to speak about the details. Hence I have come here for advice.

R & T

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Robert and Tristan said:

pooka

So you think your friend is a hobgoblin (mischievous imp/sprite)?

Are you thinking tulpa instead? 

8 hours ago, eight bits said:

Welcome aboard, Robert.

In all seriousness, you might take @onlookerofmayhem's advice and send a PM to @Mr Walker. Also, on that channeling whose name you can't remember, maybe the Urantia Book? Billions of years old, lamenting the misadventures of the human species - yup, sounds like a job for @Will Due and his favorite reading matter.

Meaning no disrespect, but

How could you possibly know this?

Again, meaning no disrespect, but maybe Tristan's confidence about that is because he sees that you've flatly ruled out the answer to the puzzle.

Anyway, as comforting as it is to have professional assurance that one isn't insane, and it is, this is wisdom:

Professionals have a lot more to offer you in your quest for understanding this than comfort.

Finally, if I can just throw a question to another poster:

I have considered that if I spoke about Tristan's reluctance to reveal the details of himself to me might be by some appear to be a convenient way to round off a delusion.

Yes, I think the underlying truth here, I mean the explanation of my Tristan, is something to do with what you people are calling the consciousness. I call it the soul. I have felt - and have nothing than that to back it up - that Tristan is a guardian angel of sorts. He is guarding my soul for some reason. He is always saying all he wants is for me to be happy. Again that is proof he is not an echo of my own subconscious as I am probably the most unhappy person you will meet. 

Anycase... All my life I was, I guess you would say an empiricist, if I understand the meaning of that word. I believe in science. I did not believe in gods or luck or spiritual anythings. I have changed. 

I wan to say the channeller was named Lucy? I do remember some of the background that this women started to channel this person, a male and with the help of her husband documented a shitload of these experiences. I will see if I can find it. There was something about them being similar or contemporary to William Casey, if I am getting that name right. Geez, I am sorry.

8 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I have no idea what the OP describes here. It could very well be a thought construct. He doesn't think so. His answers will come from his doctor and his family there, not out here. 

The main hallmark that defines the difference between a mental construct and a "real" contact for me is if I see a marked and abrupt positive change in the person as a result. Then it bears more looking at for me in my own work. If it becomes permanent, it is even more persuasive for me. Persuasive, not conclusive. IMO the experiencer is who has to decide that. It is subjective experience.

But, you will never get PROOF. Nearly the entire field of psychology is subjective, though it can show results and improvements with given therapies for given maladies and this is a form of repeated results - aka science. Unlike science, it is not the same in every case for a given experiment. 

If a person does not believe, if they only accept science as their ruler for measuring experiences, then they will use a different vocabulary than someone who does not attribute everything to themselves as their own source. If you do not believe, then so will you.

My ego does not credit me with everything. I do see many of my good breaks and some of the morals of my personal life story to be due to a collaboration with Other in part. I believe in God. Perhaps that is the difference. I allow room for that potential when I consider an experience or a client asking me for help.

IMO, we have barely touched the surface of the whole concept of Consciousness. All the best in the field are doing is the best they can until we learn more.

Anyway, back to the OP. This is not about me.

I think what I was hoping for was validation via someone here having a similar, "friend". But as I said before, now that I am here and now that I have read your discussions on my "friend", I am more certain that anything Tristan has to tell us will be about the make up of our minds as souls as consciousness. These are subjects you folks study and live within everyday. I am only working of feelings and what little Tristan will tell me.

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Imaginary friend with benefits? 

No Tristan is a little boy. He is very beautiful. Are you asking if I am a pedophile?

1 minute ago, Robert and Tristan said:

No Tristan is a little boy. He is very beautiful. Are you asking if I am a pedophile?

Strange response. 

26 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So you think your friend is a hobgoblin (mischievous imp/sprite)?

Are you thinking tulpa instead? 

I have not gotten that far. The only thing I know about pookas is the silly movie with the rabbit. I am stranger to all this stuff. Fascinating as it is.

Here a little info that might help you all with figuring this out: I might, might, be dying.

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Strange response. 

I am sorry. You asked if he was a friend with benefits. Doesn't that mean sex? Pardon if I misunderstood the vernacular. I would hate to think this discussion when off the rails because I made a cultural faux pas, so to speak.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robert and Tristan said:

I am sorry. You asked if he was a friend with benefits. Doesn't that mean sex? Pardon if I misunderstood the vernacular. I would hate to think this discussion when off the rails because I made a cultural faux pas, so to speak.

A child typically has an imaginary friend that helps with social development. In adults it seems to serve a similar purpose, but more along the lines of dealing with loneliness/social isolation. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

A child typically has an imaginary friend that helps with social development. In adults it seems to serve a similar purpose, but more along the lines of dealing with loneliness/social isolation. 

I think this is the answer.

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I will not dismiss this possibility. I've never heard of adults having imaginary friends. I created him that is for sure and at first I referred to him as an imaginary friend to the few people I confided in. Just so I could laugh it off if anyone had a fit over the notion. But then something strange happened. They came to me. And since then, bang, Tristan. And just as he has done for all my life right now he sits here with me patiently waiting for me to acknowledge him again.

If was a little jumpy with that pedophile business. It is only because I was waiting for someone to imply this, because he is boy, not a rabbit or a pirate, a little boy. And when they came to me they were all little kids. I asked them if they might appear to me as a single, I don't know, person. Tristan was there.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And yes, I would say I have suffered from "loneliness/social isolation". You are not throwing any new concepts at me. I am currently in a relationship - with a corporeal human being. And I have a large network of friends/peers. So then why is Tristan still here? Don't we, kid and adults, grow out of imaginary friends.

Hey I am cool with your skepticism. The second poster warned me about you all. But I am not afraid to learn anything new. Let me have it. Your comments/questions seemed to be in a genuine, caring mode (well except for that pedophile crack, you-did-not make)

Thank you all.

Edited by Robert and Tristan
  • Like 2

Welcome to UM, Robert and Tristan!

Thank you for joining us and sharing your experiences!

There are some of us here who joined Unexplained Mysteries because, well, we are interested in the unexplained and mysterious! And your experience certainly fits the bill!

It's quite unfortunate and sad that your post has been immediately met with inside jokes, scepticism, judgement and discrediting. Although I'm sure you expected there to be a bit of this due to the nature of your post, it's disappointing that they've felt compelled to give their two-cents worth on a matter that you expressed you wanted to discuss with people who have had similar experiences or related knowledge.

It's important that you learn to ignore the sceptics when you're attempting to discuss spiritual matters. There's a group here who get their kicks from trolling these sorts of forums because it seems to make them feel good, educated and important to discredit other people's beliefs. They really should limit their time to the "Spirituality and Scepticism" forums but they like to branch out and find any reason to insult and belittle people of belief and faith, even where it's unnecessary, unwarranted and inappropriate.

Please rest assured that there are other members here who love these topics, who have open minds and believe in spirit.

We're here, we're listening and we're interested!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

He may have said non-ordinary. I cannot find the original message. Semantics. Is that really the important take-away? You will just have to trust that I am telling you the truth about those doctors I consulted. They are both brilliant and both know me better than I know myself, I think it is safe to say. Like you said these states of consciousness "...could be anything." So therefore I do not see dismissal of my doctors ability to be valid. a) the first one made no conclusions by your own admission and b)  you really don't know of whom I refer so therefore have no basis to say disparage him and his care of me.

Still I do appreciate you taking your valuable time to reply to my request for guidance. Please understand if I just do not agree with your subtext being that I am insane. I am not. It is not a delusion. I am not psychotic. If anything my claims might be dismissed as a pathetic affectation from a lonely old man. I am not affecting anything - though I may be pathetic to some. I am only curious.

There was no subtext suggesting that you were in any way insane. I am not qualified to make such a diagnosis, and even if I were, I would not make it on so little information. As for your psychiatrist, I believe I do have basis for disparaging him and the quality of care he's giving you. If he's as good as you say he is, I should think that you'd have more answers than questions at this point. Or perhaps you do know (as I suspect you do) that Tristan is of your creation, but that you, for whatever reason, want to believe otherwise. 

Yeah, that seems like good advice. I have a curious nature. I suppose in some way I want to believe I am special, unique that I have this ongoing experience. Also, it is very hard to hear Tristan. I need to concentrate and it helps to be alone. I just wanted to be sure there wasn't any significance that I was missing. I am happy to just enjoy my luck and enjoy our own company.

You don't need Tristan to be special or unique.

I wish you all the best.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. I have some new things to think about.

One last thing... T tells me that all of you, everyone, has there own "angel" like him. It has something to do with the way we humans are all connected. It is hard to get him to speak about the details. Hence I have come here for advice.

R & T

Robert,

Might I say that while you claim to not be inclined toward unconditional love, the way you're handling this forum tells me otherwise. Tristan seems to have brought some really beautiful, amazing qualities out in you that were no doubt just suppressed rather than non-existent.

Can I ask a few questions? And feel free to ignore any that you do not wish to answer.

• Did you grow up in a spiritual household? Scientific? Atheist? Religious? (I only ask to get a better understanding of you as a person, not to explain away your experiences or find a way to connect the dots)
  • Has Tristan explained to you why he's allowed you to experience his presence? Or through your experiences, have you found some sort of meaning for his presence?
  • Does Tristan claim to have a creator (for lack of a better word) or beginning? A 'home'?
  • How, and how often do you experience Tristan's influence and presence in your daily life?

I suppose that's all I have for now, as to not bombard and overwhelm you with questions.

• Like 2

I will not dismiss this possibility. I've never heard of adults having imaginary friends. I created him that is for sure and at first I referred to him as an imaginary friend to the few people I confided in. Just so I could laugh it off if anyone had a fit over the notion. But then something strange happened. They came to me. And since then, bang, Tristan. And just as he has done for all my life right now he sits here with me patiently waiting for me to acknowledge him again.

If was a little jumpy with that pedophile business. It is only because I was waiting for someone to imply this, because he is boy, not a rabbit or a pirate, a little boy. And when they came to me they were all little kids. I asked them if they might appear to me as a single, I don't know, person. Tristan was there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/culture-mind-and-brain/201604/daring-hear-voices%3famp