Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robert and Tristan

Robert and Tristan

4 hours ago, Robert and Tristan said:

I think what I was hoping for was validation via someone here having a similar, "friend".

(Yes, I know, that was directed not to me, but to @Not A Rockstar ). Not here, but somebody with some friends here (including both the aforementioned NAR and yours truly): Carl Jung. The searchable term is Philemon, and Carl Jung Red Book.

Basic story: Carl Jung had been a chief disciple of Sigmund Freud. They had a falling out, Jung's career appeared to be collapsing (he recovered professionally, of course, but it was touch and go for a while), and however this might have happened, Jung also had had a life-disturbing pair of premonitions of the impending First World War, which made him question his sanity. He suffered a breakdown of some kind, and eventually was visited by Philemon, who was an elderly gentleman with wings.

As with your Tristan, Philemon was an entirely positive character who appeared as an archetypal figure (Tristan is an instance of Timeless Boy, puer aeternus is the better search term).

Jung learned a great deal about the make up of the mind from interacting with Philemon (and so we who study Jung learned a great deal from that interaction, too). I think they eventually had an amicable parting, but were together for at least several months. Philemon is also the author of The Seven Sermons to the Dead.

If you want validation, then you could do worse than to share an experience with Uncle Carl.

12 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

My ego does not credit me with everything. I do see many of my good breaks and some of the morals of my personal life story to be due to a collaboration with Other in part. I believe in God. Perhaps that is the difference. I allow room for that potential when I consider an experience or a client asking me for help.

We don't disagree that you collaborate with an "Other," and we'd both distinguish between your ego and our respective concepts about what that Other is. Couldn't we postpone the resolution of the ontological wrangle, which isn't going to happen anyway, and just move forward based on a shared admiration for Jung?

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Robert and Tristan said:

I think what I was hoping for was validation via someone here having a similar, "friend". But as I said before, now that I am here and now that I have read your discussions on my "friend", I am more certain that anything Tristan has to tell us will be about the make up of our minds as souls as consciousness. These are subjects you folks study and live within everyday. I am only working of feelings and what little Tristan will tell me.

Hi,

Most of our forum members are skeptical of these experiences. Some like me have experiences with what some call imaginagy friends.

You can not get validation for any thing from another. This is some thing you need to cognize for yourself. It is you who must make this your truth, or not.

John

• Thanks 1

please delete, no idea what this was.

Edited by Not A Rockstar

2 hours ago, eight bits said:

We don't disagree that you collaborate with an "Other," and we'd both distinguish between your ego and our respective concepts about what that Other is. Couldn't we postpone the resolution of the ontological wrangle, which isn't going to happen anyway, and just move forward based on a shared admiration for Jung?

It would be nice. 

• Like 1

If Tristan is inferring he is an angel, I do believe we all have one. Not everyone thinks so.

I have channeled, I have done medium work and other shamanic practices. 

Some people understand that range of consciousness one steps into to do this, while others do not believe in it and assume it is a mental health issue. Sometimes, they are right, because there are psychosis forms which cause this.

Others believe this sense of someone else talking with you is really just a manifestation of your own mind, creating company in a sense. Sometimes it is, sometimes it is not.

Some people think it is fantasy and a flaw to "need" a god or spirit or angel around and deserves bullying and mockery. 

As John says so well, only you can decide for yourself what Tristan is. Your answer will be found there more than anywhere. If your doctors are not concerned, perhaps it is, as you suggest, part of your aging process towards death and nothing to be concerned about. I could wish my own aging Mother, whom I am sole caregiver for, could chat with her angel. She asks me about them all the time.

Explore Tristan and see what he says about it and why he is there. That may reveal to you that he is really separate from you, or it might reveal why you have created him. If you are close to death, as you say, there are stages in that process and seeing angels or passed on loved ones in some of those is normal. It is part of the transition. 

I wish you the best, Robert. Take care.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Robert and Tristan said:

Tristan is my angel that is literally with me all the time and though he has let me know he 14 billion years old to me he appears as an 8 year old boy. Beautiful absolutely.

I am open to angelic-like beings being real. Any insights or wisdom from Tristan that you can share? Can you ask him deep questions?

18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It would be much easier if someone actually proved that there was a spiritual component, rather than it being a subjective psychological need. 

Again, physical proof of a super-physical being like Tristan may be an oxymoron and impossible by definition.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Again, physical proof of a super-physical being like Tristan may be an oxymoron and impossible by definition.

A figment of the imagination is just a collection of neurons and synapses firing. Get off your high horse. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Thanks 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

A figment of the imagination is just a collection of neurons and synapses firing. Get off your high horse. 

But how have you shown us that Tristan is just a figment of the imagination? Sounds like just another attempt to leap-frog the real issue and go to the desired conclusion maybe?

7 hours ago, Robert and Tristan said:

And yes, I would say I have suffered from "loneliness/social isolation". You are not throwing any new concepts at me. I am currently in a relationship - with a corporeal human being. And I have a large network of friends/peers. So then why is Tristan still here? Don't we, kid and adults, grow out of imaginary friends.

Hey I am cool with your skepticism. The second poster warned me about you all. But I am not afraid to learn anything new. Let me have it. Your comments/questions seemed to be in a genuine, caring mode (well except for that pedophile crack, you-did-not make)

Thank you all.

Welcome to the forum.  I would like to know a little bit more about Tristan, and I hope you have not already answered this..

You said you cannot hear him, or see him....yet you know he looks like a beautiful little boy?  How would you know what he looks like?

Also, does he help you in any way.....like say save you from danger in any way?  I ask because I think that I have had some kind of interaction with what I call “angels” as well.....it’s just that I have never seen one or had any ability to communicate with one.

However, on at least one occasion I did hear what I thought was an audible voice.....that no one else near me heard - kind of makes it not audible to skeptics I’m sure....but it seemed audible to me.  I also have actually been touched once by one of these “invisible beings” and it occurred while I was falling.  Two hands on my back stopped me from falling and placed me back on my feet.  I know I’m not crazy, even though I understand saying things like this make one sound crazy to others.  So, in this sense I understand what you mean....but I also don’t understand these types of things either.

I used to have a religious faith that allowed me to explain it....but I no longer have religious faith in that sense.  FWIW.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2019 at 6:39 PM, papageorge1 said:

But how have you shown us that Tristan is just a figment of the imagination? Sounds like just another attempt to leap-frog the real issue and go to the desired conclusion maybe?

Pot, kettle, black.

• Thanks 2

On 12/12/2019 at 6:43 AM, jypsijemini said:

Welcome to UM, Robert and Tristan!

Thank you for joining us and sharing your experiences!

There are some of us here who joined Unexplained Mysteries because, well, we are interested in the unexplained and mysterious! And your experience certainly fits the bill!

It's quite unfortunate and sad that your post has been immediately met with inside jokes, scepticism, judgement and discrediting. Although I'm sure you expected there to be a bit of this due to the nature of your post, it's disappointing that they've felt compelled to give their two-cents worth on a matter that you expressed you wanted to discuss with people who have had similar experiences or related knowledge.

It's important that you learn to ignore the sceptics when you're attempting to discuss spiritual matters. There's a group here who get their kicks from trolling these sorts of forums because it seems to make them feel good, educated and important to discredit other people's beliefs. They really should limit their time to the "Spirituality and Scepticism" forums but they like to branch out and find any reason to insult and belittle people of belief and faith, even where it's unnecessary, unwarranted and inappropriate.

Please rest assured that there are other members here who love these topics, who have open minds and believe in spirit.

We're here, we're listening and we're interested!

On 12/12/2019 at 4:58 AM, The Eternal Flame said:

Hi Robert and welcome to UM.:st:su:st:su:st:sk

Thank you both and all the others passing on their support and interest in my for my "issue".

I am not yet bothered by the skeptics and their ilk. All have been rather politer than I expected. This whole business is non-standard or non-ordinary for sure. Whether you believe it to be true or just something in my mind. I said something recently to a new friend in a PM. It was: we are all seekers even the folks that do not believe in Tristan. He is a miracle but just not the miracle those other people are seeking. I get that. the proof of what I am saying about them being seekers is that they bothered to respond in the first place. Inside they wish is was true because if it was it might help validate their version of the universe - the wonderful things that they seek.

Hey don't get me wrong. I don't want to come of as all spooky or prophetic, it is just long before I manifested Tristan into my life I have been aware of seekers. I am aware of the others. I think all of us here know that the folks that believe they have figured it out, that those people are the one furthest from the answer.

Again, pardon for sounding all know-it-all like. Tristan is amazing. But I am a person that has been looking for that "thing" we all seem to want for a long time. This is not my first trip to the rodeo - or whatever that saying is - T existence has just inspired me to talk to you, or anybody, about my "self" and my search for the first time. So maybe that is another good thing he brings me.

Key here is that Tristan has been beneficial to me. His practically martial view regarding love, or love at all costs :) , has made me look at everyday situations differently. All those little conflicts I get into: "the ******* that took my parking spot", or "that b**** in front of me is NOW asking the cashier for STAMPS", etc. Sometimes (sometimes), because T reminds me, I can sit back and look at it from a loving way and problems just dissolve in the air. I am not kidding. I will try to remember to remember to write it down the next time this sort of thing happens and I will tell you all. That is, if anyone is interested.

Robert and Tristan

(he seemed displeased with that crack I made "martial view regarding love") :)

• Like 3

On 12/12/2019 at 7:42 AM, XenoFish said:

FYI I don't hear voices.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:43 AM, XenoFish said:

Could be a subconscious manifestation of the OP's inner child. Just a thought.

If but it was. That would be wonderful too.

All you folks trying to do the shrink thing, here some info: I am probably a classic arrested development or whatever the technical term is for that pop psychology fan favorite. Mom once estimated it once at around 14. Also, another one, I probably have abandonment issues. I once clocked a 160 IQ on the Sanford Binet scale, if I am not mistaken. (I like it when I get an opportunity to tell people that IQ thing as well)

I hope that is helpful. :)

For those that are less interested in my psychoanalysis here is something neat. I live near the water. The harbor is about 100 yards away. Tristan likes when I take him over to see the water. For instance we just watched the sunset from the harbor walkway. It is a thing we have done a couple of times and I am hoping will be a new regular activity. Didn't I read somewhere that water can have some significance? 

Did I tell you all that Tris can do things? Tricks and stuff. Manipulate events. Sometimes they are subtle sometimes they are not.

He also likes music, a lot. And dancing, well acting goofy, but dancing none-the-less. [Yes baby you are a fine dancer :) ]

Tristan and Robert

• Like 1

Greetings, @Robert and Tristan

On 12/14/2019 at 4:15 PM, Robert and Tristan said:

I am not yet bothered by the skeptics and their ilk. All have been rather politer than I expected.

I think that's because you've been a polite, gracious and reasonable contributor. Patient, too.

On a few points -

First, you have hinted that you may be facing some life-threatening medical issues. Please accept my sincere wishes that those are cured promptly and are followed by a long and healthy life.

On 12/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, Robert and Tristan said:

All you folks trying to do the shrink thing, here some info:

Speaking for myself alone, my interest in depth psychology and Carl Jung doesn't extend to the psychoanalytic application of his work. I am neither analyst nor analysand (Jung-speak for "patient" or "client"). I appreciate that that is a fine line, since so much of Jung's work derived from his clinical practice. Nevertheless, an important result of those experiences was for him to gain insight into healthy mental functioning, even into things that are healthy but not "normal" (not normal meaning rarely reported, not meaning falling short of some supposed standard of merit). I am interested in the range of possibilities for healthy mental development, functioning and expression. That is all.

FYI I don't hear voices.

That's fine. "Hearing voices" is one kind of interaction with an "other," and despite its being an especially dramatic kind, it isn't necessarily or maybe not even usually of pathological origin. Nor are other kinds of interaction with an "other," like yours.

You might be interested in sampling some of the work of anthropologist-psychologist Tanya Luhrmann of Stanford. She focuses on interior dialog (one human being engaging in a conversation which involves a second participant who is not otherwise perceptible). Like Jung and like me, she pursues her inquiries without commitment for or against the ontological status of the "other" participant.

Although I sense that in your case the onset was spontaneous, absorption in such a dialog turns out to be teachable and learnable (that is, a "skill" in some sense). Sometimes this does involve a 'sensory display,' but more often not. Luhrmann is also a good writer, so anything of hers is rewarding to read.

On 12/14/2019 at 4:15 PM, Robert and Tristan said:

Sometimes (sometimes), because T reminds me, I can sit back and look at it from a loving way and problems just dissolve in the air. I am not kidding. I will try to remember to remember to write it down the next time this sort of thing happens and I will tell you all. That is, if anyone is interested.

There is a curious searchable testimony about a Westerner suddenly abandoning anger and worry (his terms) without repressing them (the usual term these days for pushing something out of consciousness, and so leaving something to fester unconsciously). This was written in the late 19th Century, so it's about as late as possible without being contaminated by now-dominant views about unconscious functions.

The reporter is Horace Fletcher (more famous-or-notorious for a theory about the benefits of thoroughly chewing one's food), and the word he used is menticulture. A book is online at Gutenberg. Personally, I'd skip over his "theory" prolog and begin with the "personal experience." A natural stopping place is when he gets to the aftermath of his missing a train.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/45040/45040-h/45040-h.htm

Did I tell you all that Tris can do things? Tricks and stuff. Manipulate events. Sometimes they are subtle sometimes they are not.

Not that I recall. Your readers will be interested in whatever you have to say.

Didn't I read somewhere that water can have some significance? 

Probably. The adult Uncle Carl lived, worked and played on the shore of Lake Zurich. He wrote a fair amount about the house he built there (he was an accomplished stone mason), less about why the house was there. Part of him knew. Gotta be.

Best wishes.

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2019 at 9:56 AM, Robert and Tristan said:

I should tell you at this point that Tristan is not crazy about me talking about him. Also, he has made it clear to me that while I may try to understand what exactly he is I will never be able to. And, he will not explain any of his existence to me because he is not - and I should not - promote him as some kind of miracle or something to create a whole cosmology around. He has seen this done to disastrous results before by mankind and is not here now to see anything like that happen again.

What does he do exactly?

But while Tristan is not pleased that I am here now talking about him with you folks, he is not mad. He seems to understand my need to understand. And that is why I am here today.

Wait.. he appears to someone but he doesn't like them talking about him?  He doesn't sound too bright, not for a 14 billion year old being.

Edited by Rlyeh

On 12/13/2019 at 5:03 AM, papageorge1 said:

If he is super-physical there should be physical proof of his existence right?

Edited by Rlyeh

3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

If he is super-physical there should be physical proof of his existence right?

Wrong. Unless you have super-physical senses or the super-physical being interacts with the physical world, the super-physical being would be invisible and undetectable to a physical being.

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Wrong. Unless you have super-physical senses or the super-physical being interacts with the physical world, the super-physical being would be invisible and undetectable to a physical being.

So it's not really physical then.  

27 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

So it's not really physical then.  

I am using the word 'physical' as meaning within the domain of our three-dimensional physical senses and physical instruments. By the word 'Super-physical' I am referring to real matter/energy not within the range of our three-dimensional senses; extra-dimensional and at higher vibratory rates than we can perceive..

Edited by papageorge1

21 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am using the word 'physical' as meaning within the domain of our three-dimensional physical senses and physical instruments. By the word 'Super-physical' I am referring to real matter/energy not within the range of our three-dimensional senses; extra-dimensional and at higher vibratory rates than we can perceive..

Nothing real about it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Nothing real about it.

Those that experience the super-physical the deepest claim it to be a level more real than the denser more heavily veiled physical plane of reality. I tend to agree.

The physical plane can more be likened to the dream state and the super-physical planes to the more awakened stages of conscious experiencing.

Edited by papageorge1

35 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Those that experience the super-physical the deepest claim it to be a level more real than the denser more heavily veiled physical plane of reality. I tend to agree.

The physical plane can more be likened to the dream state and the super-physical planes to the more awakened stages of conscious experiencing.

You will believe any bull**** claim as long as it fuels your magical thinking.  For you, words are more valuable than substance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

You will believe any bull**** claim as long as it fuels your magical thinking.  For you, words are more valuable than substance.

I am interested in substance firstly. I believe there are subtle levels of reality which are really the most important and more real than the dense levels.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am interested in substance firstly. I believe there are subtle levels of reality which are really the most important and more real than the dense levels.

Where is the substance then? The data supporting these claims?  Otherwise they're just claims..