Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO filmed dropping 'fireballs' over Arizona

UM-Bot

https://www.aopa.org/-/media/Files/AOPA/Home/Pilot-Resources/Safety-and-Proficiency/Operations/Lights-Out-Approved-Military-Operations-Areas/sa21.pdf

Apparently lights are NOT required at all times.

Just a few military bases nearby:HERE

Flares.

Edited by esoteric_toad
  • Like 5

I thought it was only off reservation that they needed civilian lights on.

Looks like flares to me...

• Like 2

"I don't know what it is so it must be aliens"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

It looks to me like a flare that is dripping. 

how close would you have to be for the 'dripping' bits to be visible?

1 hour ago, quillius said:

how close would you have to be for the 'dripping' bits to be visible?

Excellent question. I guess it would depend on the flare type and size.

Whatever is falling appears to me to fall with gravity and burns out quickly. The free fall might make it burn more rapidly like when someone fans a fire. Or it might cause whatever is burning to cool off and be extinguished, Hard to tell from this poor video. The video appears to be out of focus. That typically happens with auto-focus cameras when the background is a single even color.

• Like 5

Obviously a drone firing off a Roman candle.  Nothing to see here people.  Move along.

I've seen these ufos appear and perform this in SoCal Huntington Beach in the same manner. 

The week before there were 6 orange orbs flying south toward the beach, which I witnessed along with 8 other people. 

When the ufo began dropping orbs I witnessed it along with some neighbors and it couldn't have been more than a couple miles away. 

Just now, An0n1m0us said:

I've seen these ufos appear and perform this in SoCal Huntington Beach in the same manner. 

The week before there were 6 orange orbs flying south toward the beach, which I witnessed along with 8 other people. 

When the ufo began dropping orbs I witnessed it along with some neighbors and it couldn't have been more than a couple miles away. 

Isn't Huntington beach near a military installation?

10 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

Yep.

State aircraft (Eg. Military, or others classified as state aircraft’) can conduct ‘due regard’ operations and can operate without flight plans, without transponders on, without lights, without communicating with ATC, whilst within controlled airspace. 

The guy in the video doesn’t know his stuff... 

The due regard aircrafts assume self-separation from other aircraft and can do what they want basically. 

Usually classified missions/training. Or movement of sensitive individuals etc. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2019 at 7:49 AM, An0n1m0us said:

And none of these 9 people managed to film it?  What a shame, musta happened in a flash... although your description didn't mention it being over quickly - quite the contrary...

In other words... sorry, not buying it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

nope :sleepy:

a story here/ a story there keeps the fantasy juices flowing- oh joy

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2019 at 10:26 PM, DieChecker said:

I thought it was only off reservation that they needed civilian lights on.

Looks like flares to me...

Those are Arial Flares, I have seen them being used many times. You can fire them from a Mortar, Artillery, or even by hand. They are mainly used to light up the terrain around or in front of a military perimeter. They can also be used to mark a location for air strikes. 

It looks like a normal training exercise to me. No UFO here just more fantasy or wishful thinking.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Those are Arial Flares

Yep. Definitely NOT Times Roman flares - I noticed the lack of serifs immediately.

(sorry)

• Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 6:45 PM, ChrLzs said:

And none of these 9 people managed to film it?  What a shame, musta happened in a flash... although your description didn't mention it being over quickly - quite the contrary...

How long have you been subscribed to this site? I remember when it used to be open minded and like minded people that would come here to enjoy the topic and offer their opinions on the subject. Now I see that this site is full of skeptics with nothing better to do then offer their uneducated opinion on what other people have experienced. This site has really gone to the redditors. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, An0n1m0us said:

How long have you been subscribed to this site? I remember when it used to be open minded and like minded people that would come here to enjoy the topic and offer their opinions on the subject. Now I see that this site is full of skeptics with nothing better to do then offer their uneducated opinion on what other people have experienced. This site has really gone to the redditors. 

I avoided this site for several years after an admin scolded me for politely suggesting that a paranormal experience had a mundane explanation. 

On 1/12/2020 at 12:44 AM, An0n1m0us said:

I have a feeling you do not know what open minded means. That's okay.

It doesn't mean accepting every idea tossed around. It doesn't mean that you can't apply filters to the things being tossed around. It doesn't mean being gullible.

Open minded means open to new ideas and in individual cases taking the time to examine them before making a decision.

Skeptics make decisions based on evidence. They look for evidence. Often these cases have no evidence. There is a light in the sky. Other times some evidence is available.

One of the problems with cases of unusual phenomena is that there is a lot of junk to sort through looking for something unexplained.

On 12/16/2019 at 2:10 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Those are Arial Flares, I have seen them being used many times. You can fire them from a Mortar, Artillery, or even by hand. They are mainly used to light up the terrain around or in front of a military perimeter. They can also be used to mark a location for air strikes. 

It looks like a normal training exercise to me. No UFO here just more fantasy or wishful thinking.

They don't look bright enough to be illumination rounds to me ? 

I'd suggest it's just a large chinese lantern, that began to disintegrate. (hence the "fireballs"). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

They don't look bright enough to be illumination rounds to me ? 

I'd suggest it's just a large chinese lantern, that began to disintegrate. (hence the "fireballs"). 

Anything is possible, but I will stick with my original comments. The footage is poor and taken with a cell Phone at a good distance. In addition you can't tell how much illumination is being applied directly under the lights, and the dripping effect is common with illumination flairs. Last they could have also been flares that were marking a location, these would not be as bright as other flares. Plus the photos were taken with a large military training ground very near by.

peace

On 12/12/2019 at 9:07 PM, AllPossible said:

Technically the US military doesnt have to follow FAA rules. They can over rule the FAA anytime they choose.

Well, kinda... The military has their own rules and regulations, but the military follows FAA regulations when flying in National Airspace.

• Like 1