Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help with ghost picture

Bogeyman

Anyone know where i can get more info on this supposed Ghost photo of a girl called Myra...it seems she was part of an ongoing experiment in the 60s ...but thats all i know....She casts no shadows in the pics and is only partially formed....no opinion on this yet but would like to find out more about her and it.

Thanks

user posted image

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bogeyman

• *MoG*

• Pie

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks to me like a young girl sitting on the floor - no ghost.

As for no shadow, if you look at the shadows on her face, you can see there is a shadow under her chin which suggests the sun was directly above her and therefore no shadow to be cast.

Just a suggestion.

Mog.

I've actually never heard of her. Was she supposed to be a live girl who just wouldn't develop completely in pictures? Have you tried a Google search?

This is the only information i could get ...this is from the site where i got the picture..It's raised my curiosity ...sometimes to me photo's have an unnatural feel and i get a feeling of "weird" from them...this is one such picture and i'd like to know more about the experiments at least.

http://www.geocities.com/area51/shadowlands/5318/ghost.htm

I first saw this photograph in a paranormal reference book when I was a young teen in the 1970s. I've seen it since then in several similar books, but it has never been accompanied by detailed information. The photo is purportedly of an entity named Myra who communicated with members of the Society for Research in Rapport and Telekinesis (SORRAT). SORRAT was founded in 1961 by parapsychologist J. G. Neihardt and conducted many experiments over the following 20 years.

The photo shows a young, pretty woman reading a book. A parasol sits on the ground beside her. She is dressed what looks like a woman's costume from the late 1800s with an odd, large, dark hat sitting cockeyed on her head. As in other ghost photos, Myra seems semiformed; her hands are not visible--although they may be there, sheathed in black gloves. The details of her face and hat are few, although the folds and rumples in the fabric of her skirt are quite clear. Myra also casts no shadow, despite other shadows in the image that appear to be tree limbs.

Edited by Bogeyman