Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada's top Conservative resigns

Eldorado

"Andrew Scheer announced his intention to step down at an emergency caucus meeting on Thursday morning.

"Shortly after news of his resignation broke, however, Global News reported that he had used party funds to pay for his children’s private school education – allegedly without knowledge or approval from the funding board.

"Party officials said that the use of party funds to partially cover the cost of private school in Ottawa was a “normal practice” for political parties and denied the issue was linked to Scheer’s resignation."

Full report at the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/12/andrew-scheer-canada-conservative-leader-resigns

And at Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-politics-scheer/canadas-conservative-leader-andrew-scheer-resigns-idUSKBN1YG24E

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

Good riddance. Aside from being lacklustre and a total incompetent, many of his social policies were completely out of sync with the majority of Canadians. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Glad he's gone,  but if Pierre Poliviere steps up, crap will only get worse.

Yeah, no kidding. Wish that racist, misogynistic, Himmler look-alike (who fittingly answers to the name 'Skippy' on the Hill) would just shut up and disappear. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

(who fittingly answers to the name 'Skippy' on the Hill)

Really? Thats weird. I call people skippy when I want them to feel demeaned.

• Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

His colleagues say they gave him the nickname because he reminds them of Skippy the Kangaroo. Others call him Skippy for the same reason you would.

• Haha 2

Jean Charest said he's interested to enter the race. He was the chief of the party back when there were only two MPs of the formations back in the 90s, before he became a provincial Liberals in Québec.

In my opinion, he's the worst kind of politicians, the ones who only want the title and once there are in the seat, they have no clue what to do next. I prefer people who have an actual plan to implement when they have all the cards into their hands (and I don't mean Justin's paper thin "I want to legalise pot" kinds of plan).

On the confirmed names for the race to the leadership, there are only Rodolphe Husny and Bryan Brulotte so far, but they say bigger names will show up later.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:40 PM, Farmer77 said:

Ha, that was my father in laws nickname for me. Not sure if offended now. Lol

• Haha 1