Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religious posts turns negitive?

Debra F. II

Does it seem like some people start a forums on religion asking question, making you think they are truely searching for answers to their spiritual questions just to purposely start conflict? 

• Like 2

There's Woo fighters, Woo enablers, and everything in between. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Debra F. II said:

Does it seem like some people start a forums on religion asking question, making you think they are truely searching for answers to their spiritual questions just to purposely start conflict? 

You can certainly look at it this way, and there are arsholes on here, I won’t lie to you and that is why we have a report button. Yet, this section is a great opportunity to explore, evaluate maybe even refine your beliefs and some will ask for your evidence, some will share in your journey, some will disagree and some will agree, this place isn’t for the faint of heart cuz it will make you think and question and yes, there are serious seekers too and at the very least you might make some friends from all walks of life and broaden your horizons. 

Welcome to UM, Debra. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

This is the more gentle an polite forum to discuss such matters. Keep your guard up none-the-less. There are nasty, bitter posters here who--if you leave your religious heart open--will cruelly and uncaringly rip it out. Seems to give them some sort of cheap thrill.

• Thanks 1

The kettle calling the pot black 

9 hours ago, Sherapy said:

there are serious seekers too and at the very least you might make some friends from all walks of life and broaden your horizons. 

True!   

....and take note  of the Kettles that  call other Pots black!  :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Some seem so desperate to be "right".    That seems awfully insecure.  ?  

I'm content to not  KNOW 'it all'.  It's liberating :lol:   

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Debra F. II said:

No, I have noticed people asking questions (whether in paranormal or religious or political) and a few regulars from both sides turn it into arguments.  I rarely see someone creating a thread as bait, but when I do it is bait to click their links, not argue.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Debra F. II said:

I think its just the same people joining the same debates and expressing the same arguments.

There is the negative towards religion brigade here like everywhere.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Unless you consider heated debate to be a conflict.......

lol yes, I did. 

I have no problems with debates, I find them fun and interesting. But guess I'm more of an idea exchanger with a bit less digs...   But no really, when I responded to a question due to feeling as though the person was truely searching for answers to their question, only after a series of exchanges of enters, did I realize that it was not the intended purpose of the initial question...

Maybe I am a bit too sensitive to the harshness of some people's responses and comments. "White gloves" ; )but I've been told i am pretty tough.

I remember now why I dont do Facebook and other social media. I must be a bit gullible and old school. Just thought this one might be a tad bit different with high hopes... There's a whole world of people waiting to bully and jump on someone at the first chance they get.

& Thanks for looking into my activity and putting it all out there on this one, that's good advertisement for seeking someone else that may have some answers to my entitial foum.

Nice image and quote by the way!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I think its just the same people joining the same debates and expressing the same arguments.

There is the negative towards religion brigade here like everywhere.

Yep, I read a study once about the most argumentative topic's, religion, sex and money are all on the top on the list ; ) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

This is the more gentle an polite forum to discuss such matters. Keep your guard up none-the-less. There are nasty, bitter posters here who--if you leave your religious heart open--will cruelly and uncaringly rip it out. Seems to give them some sort of cheap thrill.

Thanks, yes sooo true.

17 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

There's Woo fighters, Woo enablers, and everything in between. 

:tu:

21 minutes ago, Debra F. II said:

Yep, I read a study once about the most argumentative topic's, religion, sex and money are all on the top on the list ; ) 

Where people perceive the most is at stake, they will abandon civility the quickest.

• Like 1

Hmm it seems as if people want to argue about anything these days. asking for spiritual guidance is pretty useless since religion is   a waste  everything already  exist within you look no further. 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz

1 hour ago, Debra F. II said:

There's a whole world of people waiting to bully and jump on someone at the first chance they get.

And a whole world of people who assert, as fact, that which they cannot prove. So what's your point?

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
I forgot an "R"
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

And a whole world of people who assert, as fact, that which they cannot prove. So what's your point?

Hmm yeah maybe some.... My point was already made, I think you missed it.... or maybe I didn't make it clear... it was more of a comment rather than making a point... There are hundreds of non believers waiting for the topic to come up to prove their point, argue, debate, converse, over the topic and those which... "lets just say"... onky for example... that may worship Satan or may not but, will respond negatively toward believes of Jesus / God for whatever reasons.... I find that some people are naturally argumentive, some naturally negitive and some who naturally try to show superiority, without even being aware of it because it is in their nature for whatever reason no matter what the topic is about and then there are some who know exactly what manner they are conduction thenselves in.... 

Edited by Debra F. II

• 1 month later...

There's absolutist statements from both side let loose, thoughtlessly without  care about their impact on others. Oh, but express doubt or an alternate opinion on something they cherish as "truth" fly their way and just watch the ensuing hissy fit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 11:45 AM, Jodie.Lynne said:

There is a BIG difference between simply saying "I dont believe you"  or "You give me no evidences."  and saying : "You are a lying, insane, idiot"  

It is right to  argue over facts, and ask  for evidences, (which may or may not be available even if the facts are correct) It is wrong to attack a person whose beliefs, views, values, or even knowldge, is different to your own, unless you can PROVE them to be wrong 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

There is a BIG difference between simply saying "I dont believe you"  or "You give me no evidences."  and saying : "You are a lying, insane, idiot" 

This has always been my issue with these discussions.  It's just rare when people can discuss faith vs science and not get into vicious arguments.  It just isn't worth taking part in.  Not everyone blatantly disrespects or even mocks believers but it happens more often than not.  Bottom line is that everyone has a perfect right to believe as they wish.  Too bad we can't find a way to be civil about it.  There isn't much of that anywhere these days, though :( 

FWIW, part of my faith is that those who find error and moral issues with scripture may well be proven correct in some of their beliefs when the truth is finally revealed in the person of Christ.  I believe everyone is going to have an eye-opener in that day.  NO ONE is going to have a perfect understanding of what the message was to be.  We're all in for surprises :tu:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, and then said:

This has always been my issue with these discussions.  It's just rare when people can discuss faith vs science and not get into vicious arguments.  It just isn't worth taking part in.  Not everyone blatantly disrespects or even mocks believers but it happens more often than not.  Bottom line is that everyone has a perfect right to believe as they wish.  Too bad we can't find a way to be civil about it.  There isn't much of that anywhere these days, though :( 

FWIW, part of my faith is that those who find error and moral issues with scripture may well be proven correct in some of their beliefs when the truth is finally revealed in the person of Christ.  I believe everyone is going to have an eye-opener in that day.  NO ONE is going to have a perfect understanding of what the message was to be.  We're all in for surprises :tu:

Spiritual, religious, paranormal, and supernatural beliefs are just that. A belief. Not a fact. The problem is assuming what you believe is a fact and not a maybe. The scriptures are a work of religious historic fiction. 

I take issue who god crusaders who expect Jesus to show up and lay a smackdown. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Spiritual, religious, paranormal, and supernatural beliefs are just that. A belief. Not a fact. The problem is assuming what you believe is a fact and not a maybe. The scriptures are a work of religious historic fiction. 

I take issue who god crusaders who expect Jesus to show up and lay a smackdown. 

As the saying goes & as someone here recently wrote... "seeing is believing" therefore, what is fact to someone out of truth from their experience vs what is fact to the person who has not seen, heard or experienced well then both parties would be correct...?

And I'll throw in my two cents here at this point now, lol in God we trust (and all other pay cash) lol.

People tend to believe what they see, hear and experience & when they do it doesn't make them liars or wrong...

• Like 3

The bottom line is that Jesus was too BIG to have just been a myth, he blew peoples socks off with his 37 miracles ( a "superscience" that we know nothing about) and I bet not even Penn and Teller could explain it, so I'd say he's worth listening to. How about it Spock?

"Affirmative, I'm all ears"

spock-station.jpg

• Haha 2