Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cave painting depicts world's oldest cryptid

UM-Bot

I cant see any humanoid parts in the drawing

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

Is it just me or does that just look like a pregnant cow?

It is. I see some bison with no human parts at all. What the?

• Like 4

IT's the little one who are so small that you cannot decipher really if they are therianthropes or not... but it look well on a research paper ! I'm a little bit sarcastic...

But anyway, that's great to find old painting !

• Like 4

These things obviously really existed. Ancient peoples didn't have the capacity for imagination. Probably hybrids created by aliens to help them mine gold for their laptops. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

These things obviously really existed. Ancient peoples didn't have the capacity for imagination. Probably hybrids created by aliens to help them mine gold for their laptops. 

You are in the ancient alien stuff, its interesting to mention it!

Edited by The Eternal Flame

43 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I love how it's called a "cryptid". I mean it couldn't possibly be  a personified nature spirit of a type of hunting costume. :rolleyes:

Seriously, my people wore wolf, panther and deer skins with the heads attached to impersonate the animal.

Adena "wolf shaman" smashed out their whole faces so they could wear a working wolf jaw.

Edited by Piney
Urantia is Dreck
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Where do you get the idea that ancients didn't have the capacity for imagination?  That is crazy talk or ignorant.  Where do you think the explanations for the things they didn't understand came from, from imagination.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Where do you get the idea that ancients didn't have the capacity for imagination?  That is crazy talk or ignorant.  Where do you think the explanations for the things they didn't understand came from, from imagination.

Do you know what trolling is? ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chaldon said:

Do you know what trolling is? ;)

Yes, but I am literal minded and don't always get jokes unless I can see someone's face.  I get it now.

• Like 2

Therianthropy.

Then: Sacred practices depicting and honoring nature, animals, spirits, and the hunt.

Now: Furry fetish fan art.

Humans...SMH...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Just a bit of smartbuttery my friend. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Just a bit of smartbuttery my friend. 

Yeah right? :w00t: hahaha

Edited by The Eternal Flame
  • Haha 1

They're talking about the little figures to the right. One has a tail and one supposedly has a bird like head.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/dec/11/earliest-known-cave-art-by-modern-humans-found-in-indonesia

Edited by DieChecker

• 1 month later...

Early human high school students in art class translated into English:

Gak: "Hey Ugg, what are you painting?"

Ugg: 'I don't know. I though it would be cool to paint the body of an animal with the head of Mr Groog."

Gak: "Better not let him catch you dude. You'll get detention and have to sweep out the entire school cave. That does look like him though, LOL! No wonder he's never seen dragging a woman by the hair"

Mr Groog: "Hey! Who's using early forms of language over there?!"

Gak: "Not us Mr Groog! We're working on our projects. Although, i did see a sabre toothed cat killing a student at the back of the class, Maybe that's what you heard."

Mr Groog: "That's the second one this moon phase! Why don't they allow school security to carry spears for grunting out loud! Now I'll have to chip out a report and go to his parents hole to explain it. Why didn't you say something before the attack Gak?!"

Gak (sarcastically): "You said we were supposed to work quietly?"

I think my point here is an extension of the "imagination" comment earlier in the thread. I can easily see young people drawing what they perceived as interesting and "cool" in their day, yet archeologists assume there has to be more to it.

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

oops

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Haha 1