Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden drug policy hypocrisy

OverSword

Joe Biden’s son Hunter was arrested on Jersey Shore drug charges in 1988 and had his record expunged at a time when his father was pushing for the incarceration of drug offenders drawn disproportionately from minority groups.

Congressional records reveal that Hunter Biden, now 49, was arrested in Stone Harbor, New Jersey, where the Biden family has often holidayed over the years, in June 1988. Hunter Biden, then 18, had just graduated from the prestigious Archmere Academy prep school, which his father had also attended. The former vice president and his wife Jill have often been spotted on trips to Stone Harbor.

The arrest has not previously been reported. Republicans have recently highlighted Hunter Biden's drug abuse, questioning why it was not taken into account when the lobbyist was appointed to a $50,000-a-month post on the board of the Ukraine oil company Burisma in 2014, when his father, as vice president, was the Obama administration's lead official on Ukraine.

A year after the arrest, Joe Biden gave a speech in which he said the federal government needed to “hold every drug user accountable" because, "If there were no drug users, there would be no appetite for drugs, there would be no market for them." He neglected to mention the drug use in his own family.

Link

So it seems that what is good for thee is not good for me.  Surprised?  None of us are I'll bet.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Link

So it seems that what is good for thee is not good for me.  Surprised?  None of us are I'll bet.

Kinda like the "Be Best" anti-cyber bullying campaign?  It's all just empty words.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Not too surprising.  Joe bears the responsibility for what he says and does.   But the spotlight should be a little wider.  Our society tends to be more lax on middle and upper class offenders than it does on poor and non-white offenders.  Remember the guy that raped the woman in California and was chased off leaving her by a dumpster?  The judge was moved to leniency because he was an athlete, made good grades, and had not been in trouble before.  

He just made a little mistake, we wouldn't want it to ruin his life said the judge.     Hunter, another child of privilege just made a "little mistake".  The same mistake would have sent Piney to prison for a decade I bet.

I don't want to take the heat off Joe, but I would like to point out that the problem is larger than one crooked politician.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I don't want to take the heat off Joe, but I would like to point out that the problem is larger than one crooked politician.

Yes, it's a horrific, evil, deadly scourge and unless Hunter gets himself some sustained help he'll eventually become a statistic.  I don't judge Hunter or Joe for his addiction.   Riding dad's coattails and getting high pay deals for work he has no experience in smacks of corruption and if it were Trump's kids imagine what we'd be treated to nightly.  No way Hunter Biden gets any of those gigs if his name is Hunter Jackson or Carlin.  Those who pretend it to be otherwise are just kidding themselves because they certainly aren't convincing anyone else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, and then said:

Yes, it's a horrific, evil, deadly scourge and unless Hunter gets himself some sustained help he'll eventually become a statistic.  I don't judge Hunter or Joe for his addiction.   Riding dad's coattails and getting high pay deals for work he has no experience in smacks of corruption and if it were Trump's kids imagine what we'd be treated to nightly.  No way Hunter Biden gets any of those gigs if his name is Hunter Jackson or Carlin.  Those who pretend it to be otherwise are just kidding themselves because they certainly aren't convincing anyone else.

So you have decided to limit the problem to one crooked politician?  OK.

Yes, many people who don't get help become statistics.  Hunter Biden is wealthy, socially connected and visible.  He should be in an optimal position to get help. 

Do you really think Don Jr. would be in Mongolia killing  sheep if his name was not Trump?  

Do you really think Jared and Ivanka would be presidential advisors on everything if Ivanka was not the first daughter?

Do you think Andy would have a part time job in the WH making $100k a year if his last name was not Guiliani?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-the-trump-officials-making-government-a-family-business

Make Nepotism Great Again: 20 Families Got Jobs in Trump Administration

I would rather take a more general view and say that maybe both side have some work to do to improve equal justice for all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes, many people who don't get help become statistics.  Hunter Biden is wealthy, socially connected and visible.  He should be in an optimal position to get help. 

Do you really think Don Jr. would be in Mongolia killing  sheep if his name was not Trump?  

Do you really think Jared and Ivanka would be presidential advisors on everything if Ivanka was not the first daughter?

Do you think Andy would have a part time job in the WH making $100k a year if his last name was not Guiliani?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-the-trump-officials-making-government-a-family-business

Make Nepotism Great Again: 20 Families Got Jobs in Trump Administration

I would rather take a more general view and say that maybe both side have some work to do to improve equal justice for all.

It's local too.  My former Governor Branstad (Now Trump's ambassador to China) had an incident where his drunk driving son killed two people: https://apnews.com/6dc14502b6ac4335223b2363f3e70c4d

He was ticketed for improper lane usage and fined $15.

Now the kid is using his leverage to do the same thing Hunter Biden did: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/29/terry-branstad-son-eric-branstad-donald-trump-administration-business-china/747749002/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Kinda like the "Be Best" anti-cyber bullying campaign?  It's all just empty words.

Not if your Daddy didn't help write the zero tolerance legislation.  Then you get your record expunged and locked up in a congressional vault. :tu:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Not that your post isn't legitimate but this is about one crooked politician currently running for president. If he were president this would be impeachable by today's standards as set by his own party.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Not that your post isn't legitimate but this is about one crooked politician currently running for president. If he were president this would be impeachable by today's standards as set by his own party.

How so?  Your article even states that he voted for it after his son was arrested.  One could argue that the whole experience is what led him to push for harsher penalties.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Wait wheres the hypocrisy? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Wait wheres the hypocrisy? 

How about all the people in black neighborhoods who were locked up in prison for years as opposed to Joe's son who only had the record of their crack possession locked up in a congressional vault for years?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

How about all the people in black neighborhoods who were locked up in prison for years as opposed to Joe's son who only had the record of their crack possession locked up in a congressional vault for years?  

Ok im reading the full article now. I assumed you would have put the gotcha in the quoted section.

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

So I guess I still dont really see hypocrisy beyond the white privilege issue Gromdor brought up. Biden didnt issue the sentence to his kid.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

I don't judge Hunter or Joe for his addiction.   Riding dad's coattails and getting high pay deals for work he has no experience in smacks of corruption and if it were Trump's kids imagine what we'd be treated to nightly. 

Please, stop it.  If it were Trump's kids riding his dad's coattails?  Ivanka is in charge of how much?  Jared Kushner?  What the hell have these golden spoon twits done to be involved in the highest decisions of our nation?  But, oh my God!  A professor said Barron's name in a hearing!  

Hunter Biden started multiple investment firms and was appointed by George Bush to sit on the board of Amtrak.  Is that not enough experience to sit on a board of a gas company?  Can you cite a source saying that his pay was different from other board members?  Is he more qualified to sit on a board of a company than Jared Kushner being the "czar" of the Middle East, Israel, the opioid crisis, and the border wall?  

• Thanks 4

The sad thing is that maybe if Hunter had been treated like everyone else and punished, reaping the consequences of his actions, he might not still be rumored to have this drug problem.

22 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Hunter Biden started multiple investment firms and was appointed by George Bush to sit on the board of Amtrak.

After graduating from Georgetown and Yale.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, skliss said:

The sad thing is that maybe if Hunter had been treated like everyone else and punished, reaping the consequences of his actions, he might not still be rumored to have this drug problem.

He was treated just like everyone else in his socio-economic class.

Ok im reading the full article now. I assumed you would have put the gotcha in the quoted section.

I didn’t think there was a gotcha because I’ve known Biden for the self serving privileged pervert that he is for years. If you haven’t formed that picture for yourself in the last few years you haven’t been paying attention or, and I’m not really referring to you here as I don’t think you’re a Biden guy, extremely partisan and blind to the corruption on one side but not the other of our two major parties.

So I guess I still dont really see hypocrisy beyond the white privilege issue Gromdor brought up. Biden didnt issue the sentence to his kid.

You have got to be shirting me! The son of a senator gets his drug bust Ignored and the record of it locked up in a congressional vault and you say that????? I take back what I said in my previous post. You are a blind partisan. 

Just now, OverSword said:

I didn’t think there was a gotcha because I’ve known Biden for the self serving privileged pervert that he is for years. If you haven’t formed that picture for yourself in the last few years you haven’t been paying attention or, and I’m not really referring to you here as I don’t think you’re a Biden guy, extremely partisan and blind to the corruption on one side but not the other of our two major parties.

Oh no he's definitely part of the gross elitist class that has cultivated many of our problems. Watching the conspiracy mill work over these last several years though I take an article like this with a huge grain of salt.

In essence I found this article is arguing that we have a societal problem and that Biden is a bad guy for living in that society. Its a smear piece.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You have got to be shirting me! The son of a senator gets his drug bust Ignored and the record of it locked up in a congressional vault and you say that????? I take back what I said in my previous post. You are a blind partisan. 

No dude hes the son of a rich white guy who had his record expunged after committing a crime. Ive knows dozens of them myself.

Where are you getting locked in a congressional vault from? I cant find that in the article.

It wasnt kept secret, he had to testify to the senate about it.

Edited by Farmer77

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh no he's definitely part of the gross elitist class that has cultivated many of our problems. Watching the conspiracy mill work over these last several years though I take an article like this with a huge grain of salt.

In essence I found this article is arguing that we have a societal problem and that Biden is a bad guy for living in that society. Its a smear piece.

No. It’s not. It demonstrates how corrupt and abusive of his powerful position the creep has been for nearly 40 years. Just think of all the crap we don’t know about 

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Please, stop it.  If it were Trump's kids riding his dad's coattails?  Ivanka is in charge of how much?  Jared Kushner?  What the hell have these golden spoon twits done to be involved in the highest decisions of our nation?  But, oh my God!  A professor said Barron's name in a hearing!  

Hunter Biden started multiple investment firms and was appointed by George Bush to sit on the board of Amtrak.  Is that not enough experience to sit on a board of a gas company?  Can you cite a source saying that his pay was different from other board members?  Is he more qualified to sit on a board of a company than Jared Kushner being the "czar" of the Middle East, Israel, the opioid crisis, and the border wall?  

You know making comparisons like you are really means nothing. There all a bunch of entitled Scum Bags none of them would be where they are if it wasn't for their fathers or fathers in law. None of them know what it means to earn a seat on a board, because of this the other people around them have little or no respect for them, and while I am certain they dont openly care either way. Inside they know what they are, why do think some of them have drug problems, along with other issues that are not openly apparent, but I can almost say for certain they share one thing lots of counseling.

Just now, OverSword said:

No. It’s not. It demonstrates how corrupt and abusive of his powerful position the creep has been for nearly 40 years. Just think of all the crap we don’t know about 

What exactly did he do to influence the outcome of his son's case?

See without that all youre doing is trafficking in innuendo. The plan is to make voters confused and emotional through lies innuendo and propaganda in order to obfuscate and distract. It appears to be working.

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Just think of all the crap we don’t know about 

And this is the desired effect ^^ 

Theyve got the tactic down to a science at this point. No facts needed and you are convinced he is evil scum who MUST be out to screw the world at every chance. (he may be but this article certainly didnt make a compelling argument)