Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
OverSword

Biden drug policy hypocrisy

56 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

OverSword
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

 

Where are you getting locked in a congressional vault from? I cant find that in the article.

Yeah you’re right. I first heard this on a news video on YouTube and then searched several articles via google before picking the one I used up top. I think the video made the congressional vault reference but if you notice in the article Hunters record was expunged but for some reason there was a congressional record kept. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah you’re right. I first heard this on a news video on YouTube and then searched several articles via google before picking the one I used up top. I think the video made the congressional vault reference but if you notice in the article Hunters record was expunged but for some reason there was a congressional record kept. 

Im nerding it up trying to find an absolute answer but I think it may be because Joe was on the judiciary committee at the time. Since they have oversight of the DOJ it would make sense that they keep track of their members' familial connections as it relates to law enforcement and the ability for them to be compromised.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
31 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah you’re right. I first heard this on a news video on YouTube and then searched several articles via google before picking the one I used up top. I think the video made the congressional vault reference but if you notice in the article Hunters record was expunged but for some reason there was a congressional record kept. 

 

25 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im nerding it up trying to find an absolute answer but I think it may be because Joe was on the judiciary committee at the time. Since they have oversight of the DOJ it would make sense that they keep track of their members' familial connections as it relates to law enforcement and the ability for them to be compromised.

 

Holy crap man  I figured it out (facepalm moment i feel dumb) . Congress didnt keep a record of the crime. They kept a record of his testimony about the crime when he testified prior to taking the Amtrak job.

From your link:

Quote

Hunter Biden's arrest is contained in disclosures he made as part of his nomination to the Amtrak Reform Board. “In June 1988, I was cited for possession of a controlled substance in Stone Harbor, New Jersey. There was a pretrial intervention, and the record was expunged,” Hunter Biden acknowledged during a 2006 hearing before the Senate Committee on Science, Commerce, and Transportation on his nomination. He did not identify the controlled substance.

 

 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
45 minutes ago, OverSword said:

 

Again with the innuendo "you would never get that kind of accommodation if you werent the son of a sitting member of congress". Oh bull being young white, clean and articulate in a world where thats a rarity (the courts) automatically places you in a better position than 99% of those facing the same charges. Remember Brock Turner?  

"His entire career to fund his drug addiction came at the expense and permission of his father" So graduating from both Georgetown and Yale means nothing? You cant get a job with degrees from those schools without a powerful father?

What a terrible video. After trashing the guy without any facts to do so they move on to attack the media for not trashing the guy without any facts. Holy hell.

Im not even arguing the Bidens are good people, just asking for hard facts to back up the assertions. We as a society need reality to be real.

 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter

Meh, just another diversion thread. The pol tabs ful of them right now.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
21 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Im nerding it up trying to find an absolute answer but I think it may be because Joe was on the judiciary committee at the time. Since they have oversight of the DOJ it would make sense that they keep track of their members' familial connections as it relates to law enforcement and the ability for them to be compromised.

 

On the oversight committee of the DOJ and his sons criminal record is expunged  :whistle: The more I learn about creepy Joe the more I think every aspect of his time in the federal government should be examined. Total corrupt dirtbag.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Quote

Oh bull being young white, clean and articulate in a world where thats a rarity

A rarity? That’s the norm where I grew up and you wouldn’t walk away with your record clean after being caught with a pipe and cocaine in your car. That was all about his fathers position. And just how would he qualify to be on the board of Amtrak? Must have spent a successful career in mass transit or railroads. Oh wait, no he didn’t. This is pure corruption. I wonder what influence Joe had on funding Amtrak at the time? Just another example of career politicians thinking they are untouchable royalty.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
20 minutes ago, OverSword said:

A rarity? That’s the norm where I grew up and you wouldn’t walk away with your record clean after being caught with a pipe and cocaine in your car. That was all about his fathers position. And just how would he qualify to be on the board of Amtrak? Must have spent a successful career in mass transit or railroads. Oh wait, no he didn’t. This is pure corruption. I wonder what influence Joe had on funding Amtrak at the time? Just another example of career politicians thinking they are untouchable royalty.

George Bush appointed him to the Amtrak board.  Board members are there to determine the best course of the company to make money.  Money.  That is all.  I would think someone that started two successful investment firms would be certainly qualified to have a single vote on company actions that would be profitable.  No?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
2 hours ago, Agent0range said:

George Bush appointed him to the Amtrak board.  Board members are there to determine the best course of the company to make money.  Money.  That is all.  I would think someone that started two successful investment firms would be certainly qualified to have a single vote on company actions that would be profitable.  No?

The norm is people on the board of directors have had a successful career in the industry and it’s a cushy retirement job. Pointing out that Bush appointed him is just a clear sign that he wanted something from Biden at the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
4 hours ago, OverSword said:

A rarity? That’s the norm where I grew up and you wouldn’t walk away with your record clean after being caught with a pipe and cocaine in your car. That was all about his fathers position. And just how would he qualify to be on the board of Amtrak? Must have spent a successful career in mass transit or railroads. Oh wait, no he didn’t. This is pure corruption. I wonder what influence Joe had on funding Amtrak at the time? Just another example of career politicians thinking they are untouchable royalty.

Not where I grew up.

Or where I live now. Hell dude 7 years ago I (did something violent and  bad) and had my record expunged. That experience is actually where my articulate take comes from, I clearly stood out in the room. You dont need to be royalty to catch a break. Hell just having the money - or in my case pretending to - to fight a case often is enough to get a DA to plead it out.

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

And just how would he qualify to be on the board of Amtrak? Must have spent a successful career in mass transit or railroads. Oh wait, no he didn’t. This is pure corruption.

If the dude was taken straight from working in 7-11 youd have a point.  Have you ever bothered to look into his work and education history?

Quote

Like his father and brother, Biden attended Archmere Academy, a Catholic high school in Claymont, Delaware.[9] In 1992, he graduated from Georgetown University with a bachelor's degree in history.[9] During the year after he graduated from college, he served as a Jesuit volunteer at a church in Portland, Oregon, where he met Kathleen Buhle, whom he married in 1993.[9] After attending Georgetown University Law Center for one year, he transferred to Yale Law School, graduating in 1996.[9]

 

Quote

From 1998 to 2001, he served in the United States Department of Commerce, focusing on ecommerce policy.[15] Biden became a lobbyist in 2001, co-founding the firm of Oldaker, Biden & Belair.[16] According to Adam Entous of The New Yorker, Biden and his father established a relationship in which "Biden wouldn't ask Hunter about his lobbying clients, and Hunter wouldn't tell his father about them."[9] In 2006, Biden and his uncle, James Biden, attempted to buy Paradigm, a hedge-fund group, but the deal fell apart before completion.[9] That same year he was appointed by President George W. Bush to a five year term on the board of directors of Amtrak.[17] He was a board member from July 2006 until he resigned in February 2009[18] and the board's vice chairman from July 2006 to January 2009,[19] leaving both roles shortly after his father became vice president. He had realized during his father's vice presidential campaign that it was time for his lobbying activities to end.[9]

Dont get me wrong theres clearly some nepotism going on but screaming about corruption and untouchable royalty is an overreaction without more factual evidence.

 

Edited by Farmer77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
On 12/14/2019 at 11:14 PM, Farmer77 said:

Not where I grew up.

Or where I live now. Hell dude 7 years ago I (did something violent and  bad) and had my record expunged. That experience is actually where my articulate take comes from, I clearly stood out in the room. You dont need to be royalty to catch a break. Hell just having the money - or in my case pretending to - to fight a case often is enough to get a DA to plead it out.

We are talking about a time when the policy was zero tolerance.  A former co worker of mine when he was sixteen I believe that same year went out fishing with his uncle, who did actually have money, in the Puget Sound.  They were boarded by the coast guard who found my former pals marijuana resin coated pipe and confiscated the brand new $15k boat.  So don't act like this happens to white people all the time.  That's just Bull ****.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

We are talking about a time when the policy was zero tolerance.  A former co worker of mine when he was sixteen I believe that same year went out fishing with his uncle, who did actually have money, in the Puget Sound.  They were boarded by the coast guard who found my former pals marijuana resin coated pipe and confiscated the brand new $15k boat.  So don't act like this happens to white people all the time.  That's just Bull ****.

Sorry reality and whatnot. Again ill reference Brock Turner for the easy example. 

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sorry reality and whatnot. Again ill reference Brock Turner for the easy example. 

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

You'll use the example of a famous athlete to back up the case of a famous mans son.  Oh and then there is you too.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
34 minutes ago, OverSword said:

We are talking about a time when the policy was zero tolerance.  A former co worker of mine when he was sixteen I believe that same year went out fishing with his uncle, who did actually have money, in the Puget Sound.  They were boarded by the coast guard who found my former pals marijuana resin coated pipe and confiscated the brand new $15k boat.  So don't act like this happens to white people all the time.  That's just Bull ****.

I gotta ask, did he do jail time or did they just take his boat?  One of the planks of the whole white privilege argument is that money can and does substitute for jail time for those with privilege.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
On 12/14/2019 at 10:03 PM, OverSword said:

The norm is people on the board of directors have had a successful career in the industry and it’s a cushy retirement job.

I have had to deal with two boards of directors in my career with two different companies  I had tours and meetings with subgroups during  technology presentations.  The dozen or so I met seemed like nice guys, but only a couple had any experience in our field, titanium manufacturing.  For the most part, they were finance guys, not manufacturing guys.  Finance seems to be a transferable skill.  Whether it is titanium, railroads, investment funds or insurance companies, money management skills and an objective view are necessary. Maybe some were there as friends of other board members.  I won't belittle the position, but those guys were getting something around $100k a year for 4-6 day long meetings with a good lunch thrown in.  Some were on several boards.  You can look that stuff up in public ally held corporations.

That does not cast any light on Joe Biden as a politician or a person, but the arguments about the unqualified nature of his son are very overblown.  Boards of corporations are full of Hunter Biden types.  It is more the norm I wager than the exception.

Edited by Tatetopa
grammar tense agreement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I gotta ask, did he do jail time or did they just take his boat?  One of the planks of the whole white privilege argument is that money can and does substitute for jail time for those with privilege.

They just took the boat.  I doubt if there has ever been jail time associated with resin.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
4 hours ago, OverSword said:

You'll use the example of a famous athlete to back up the case of a famous mans son.  Oh and then there is you too.  

Brock Turner wasn't a famous athlete (I didn't think anyways) but regardless yeah I think it does kinda make my point. It's gross , it should change, but without evidence this is just a dude living on the right side of a gross world. 

Show some evidence eof direct involvement by Joe and then you have something real. 

Edited by Farmer77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 12/13/2019 at 3:47 PM, Tatetopa said:

So you have decided to limit the problem to one crooked politician? 

Where did I state anything like that?  The thread is about Biden and hypocrisy, is it not?  I think enough evidence has come to the fore to be confident that Hunter has a history of benefitting from his proximity to power.  I don't  lose sleep over it mind, but daddy's efforts to cover for him in Ukraine were publicized enough to raise red flags about continuing corruption.  The president wanted to get to the bottom of it and the Dems in Congress are trying to remove him for it.  I think that's a tad different than how the children of a billionaire live their lives.  Any ONE of them is wealthier than the Bidens and they aren't raking in money from corrupt Oligarchs like the Bidens.  You can make the accusation, proof may be elusive.  I realize the standard is different for Dems.  For you guys, the accusation is always enough.

A former prosecutor and NYC mayor tends to command large fees for services.  Is that illegal because he votes Republican?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 12/13/2019 at 8:48 PM, Agent0range said:

Please, stop it.  If it were Trump's kids riding his dad's coattails? 

Thank you, no.  I think I'll continue to express my opinions here.  Trump's approach to child-rearing has been reported to be different than Joe's.  He has made each of them work in his companies to gain experience in real life management problems and solutions.  Take that for what you think it's worth.  Also, no less than TIME Magazine did a piece on the history of presidential kids working with dad...

https://time.com/4597015/donald-trump-presidential-children-history/ 

But I know, it's outrageous because "Orange Man Bad"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
15 minutes ago, and then said:

Where did I state anything like that?  The thread is about Biden and hypocrisy, is it not?  I think enough evidence has come to the fore to be confident that Hunter has a history of benefitting from his proximity to power.  I don't  lose sleep over it mind, but daddy's efforts to cover for him in Ukraine were publicized enough to raise red flags about continuing corruption.  The president wanted to get to the bottom of it and the Dems in Congress are trying to remove him for it.  I think that's a tad different than how the children of a billionaire live their lives.  Any ONE of them is wealthier than the Bidens and they aren't raking in money from corrupt Oligarchs like the Bidens.  You can make the accusation, proof may be elusive.  I realize the standard is different for Dems.  For you guys, the accusation is always enough.

A former prosecutor and NYC mayor tends to command large fees for services.  Is that illegal because he votes Republican?  

So you're saying Poroschenko was the good guy? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

but the arguments about the unqualified nature of his son are very overblown. 

Enjoy:

https://nypost.com/2019/10/15/joe-bidens-brother-and-son-have-a-long-history-of-profiting-off-his-name/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Brock Turner wasn't a famous athlete (I didn't think anyways) but regardless yeah I think it does kinda make my point. It's gross , it should change, but without evidence this is just a dude living on the right side of a gross world. 

Show some evidence eof direct involvement by Joe and then you have something real. 

LOL!!!  Yeah, Senators son gets let off on a drug charge but it had nothing to do with the senator, his power, or his influence.  Good one.  Farmer, if this were a republican you wouldn't be blind.  Partisan sight impairment, that's what you have. :)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

LOL!!!  Yeah, Senators son gets let off on a drug charge but it had nothing to do with the senator, his power, or his influence.  Good one.  Farmer, if this were a republican you wouldn't be blind.  Partisan sight impairment, that's what you have. :)

Didn't your friend get off his drug charge?  It only cost him a boat.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Didn't your friend get off his drug charge?  It only cost him a boat.

It wasn't his boat, he was just on it.  Also he was a minor at the time and it was probably around 1993-95 when I was told the story at least five years after the fact and don't recall the details about his own legal consequences.  His uncle wasn't too happy with him I'm pretty sure of that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.