Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
OverSword

Biden drug policy hypocrisy

56 posts in this topic

OverSword
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Brock Turner wasn't a famous athlete

College athletes can be pretty famous locally, and college alumni can be pretty influential in their communities.  Wouldn't be surprised if the judge was a former frat boy at that school.  Maybe even on the football team.

and then
1 hour ago, OverSword said:

It wasn't his boat, he was just on it.  Also he was a minor at the time and it was probably around 1993-95 when I was told the story at least five years after the fact and don't recall the details about his own legal consequences.  His uncle wasn't too happy with him I'm pretty sure of that.

I've lived on the Gulf of Mexico most of my life and only gone deep sea fishing once.  The owner of the charter made it VERY clear that if anyone came on his boat with drugs it could cost him his business.  I thought that was damned unfair.  How is a business owner whose primary customer base comes from tourism going to be able to guarantee some kid isn't going to forget or simply ignore the instructions and keep a bag of weed or something on him?  

Edited by and then
  • Like 2

Gromdor
28 minutes ago, and then said:

I've lived on the Gulf of Mexico most of my life and only gone deep sea fishing once.  The owner of the charter made it VERY clear that if anyone came on his boat with drugs it could cost him his business.  I thought that was damned unfair.  How is a business owner whose primary customer base comes from tourism going to be able to guarantee some kid isn't going to forget or simply ignore the instructions and keep a bag of weed or something on him?  

It's drug shipments by boat that created that particular mess.  A customer could charter a boat with a few kilos of coke and use the poor guy as an unwitting smuggler.

• Like 2

and then
1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

It's drug shipments by boat that created that particular mess.  A customer could charter a boat with a few kilos of coke and use the poor guy as an unwitting smuggler.

I can see how the government would USE that excuse but the bottom line in OS example was an out of control law enforcement agency taking someone's property just because they could.  There should be limits to that authority.  

• Like 1

Gromdor
2 minutes ago, and then said:

I can see how the government would USE that excuse but the bottom line in OS example was an out of control law enforcement agency taking someone's property just because they could.  There should be limits to that authority.  

There should.  Eminent domain and police seizures are quite abused. 

• Like 2

OverSword
1 hour ago, and then said:

Zero tolerance for something that shouldn't by illegal is inherently unfair.

• Like 2