Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
TrumanB

Silva method

66 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

TrumanB

Silva method was found by Jose Silva, I went through a training around 7 years ago in my city. Does anyone else have experience with this method? Basically, it's a bunch of techniques that are based on putting your mind in alpha state and doing visualization from that point. One peculiar technique is for clairvoyance. When I started with it had some pretty good results but by time I just stopped practicing it. Now I just feel a desire to do it again. But before that I'd like to hear your 5 cents on Silva method. What I personally find fascinating is that I was able to pick up some information ( like using wi-fi as our instructor used to say ) but when it comes to those techniques which to achieve personal goals in life my results were near 0. I wasn't able to change reality that surrounds although Silva proponents claim that you can do anything you want. That's why I got disappointed and quit. Now thinking to go back again to it.

cheers,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

What particular aspects of the "reality that surrounds" was it desired to change ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB
20 minutes ago, Piney said:

Jose didn't know how the brain actually worked.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silva_Method

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Silva_method

Silva understood how alpha state of mind is beneficial. There are some really good stuff there, those who practice it know it. It's not enough to be skeptical and search for those links, you need to dive into...

Again, I'd like to hear from people who actually used it...

Edited by TrumanB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB
17 minutes ago, Habitat said:

What particular aspects of the "reality that surrounds" was it desired to change ?

Regarding my life. For example to hook up with a girl that I liked, to get a job that I wanted and so on. One of their claims is that with these techniques you can dive deep into reality and change it. But I wasn't able to change it. On the other hand I was able to pick up details on people that I've never heard for before which is fascinating per se. So there is something in Silva method but it's not almighty.

Edited by TrumanB
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
4 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Regarding my life. Like to hook up with a girl that I liked, to get a job that I wanted and so on. One of their claims is that with these techniques you can dive deep into reality and change it. But I wasn't able to change it. On the other hand I was able to pick up details on people that I've never heard for before which is fascinating per se. So there is something in Silva method but it's not almighty.

I had a feeling that was the angle you had in mind. Would you be amenable to the idea of other people being able, by "psychic" means, to alter your behavior,, in ways that would be convenient for them ? I doubt it. The reality you are best placed to change, if it needs changing, is your own internal one, and that will lead to better ability to deal with external reality.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
13 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Regarding my life. Like to hook up with a girl that I liked, to get a job that I wanted and so on. One of their claims is that with these techniques you can dive deep into reality and change it. But I wasn't able to change it. On the other hand I was able to pick up details on people that I've never heard for before which is fascinating per se. So there is something in Silva method but it's not almighty.

This isn't the silva method, but it might be more functional.

https://selfdefinition.org/science/Robert-Anton-Wilson-Prometheus-Rising.pdf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB
5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I had a feeling that was the angle you had in mind. Would you be amenable to the idea of other people being able, by "psychic" means, to alter your behavior,, in ways that would be convenient for them ? I doubt it. The reality you are best placed to change, if it needs changing, is your own internal one, and that will lead to better ability to deal with external reality.

Good point, I agree with it. Silva's idea was that we can influence our reality on deeper level during alpha-waves state so that opportunities just open. There is a famous technique with three fingers. Instructor programs you in a way that when your three fingers touch each other's tips you get what you want. For example, you're looking for a parking place, make this move and somehow you subconscious drives you to the place where it is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB
6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This isn't the silva method, but it might be more functional.

https://selfdefinition.org/science/Robert-Anton-Wilson-Prometheus-Rising.pdf

Thanks. I don't have time nor willingness to read it right now but will keep it in my mind.

Edited by TrumanB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
14 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Good point, I agree with it. Silva's idea was that we can influence our reality on deeper level during alpha-waves state so that opportunities just open. There is a famous technique with three fingers. Instructor programs you in a way that when your three fingers touch each other's tips you get what you want. For example, you're looking for a parking place, make this move and somehow you subconscious drives you to the place where it is available.

It would be a scary world where people got what they wanted, by joining their fingertips. Chaotic, and incomprehensible. "Positive thinking", which is a kind of rejection of fearful or timid living, where the thought of failure is too much to bear, and causes inaction and stagnation, has its place, but in the end it is only realism that leads to results.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB
3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

It would be a scary world where people got what they wanted, by joining their fingertips. Chaotic, and incomprehensible. "Positive thinking", which is a kind of rejection of fearful or timid living, where the thought of failure is too much to bear, and causes inaction and stagnation, has its place, but in the end it is only realism that leads to results.

yeah, but Silva is not about positive thinking. I also despise "the secret" movement and similar new age b.s. It's about alpha-waves and our intuition.

p.s. 'joining fingerprints'...that's an expression that I was looking for! Thanks :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eternal Flame
1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

Silva's idea was that we can influence our reality on deeper level during alpha-waves state.

They is alpha-brain wave is this what you are talking about how you achieve this perticular state usually its in the dream state?

Edited by The Eternal Flame
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB
1 hour ago, The Eternal Flame said:

They is alpha-brain wave is this what you are talking about how you achieve this perticular state usually its in the dream state?

not only in dream state, there are techniques that trigger alpha-brain wave. They program you to do that on Silva seminars.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
44 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

not only in dream state, there are techniques that trigger alpha-brain wave. They program you to do that on Silva seminars.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-athletes-way/201504/alpha-brain-waves-boost-creativity-and-reduce-depression

Just meditating increases them.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
6 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Silva method was found by Jose Silva, I went through a training around 7 years ago in my city. Does anyone else have experience with this method? Basically, it's a bunch of techniques that are based on putting your mind in alpha state and doing visualization from that point. One peculiar technique is for clairvoyance. When I started with it had some pretty good results but by time I just stopped practicing it. Now I just feel a desire to do it again. But before that I'd like to hear your 5 cents on Silva method. What I personally find fascinating is that I was able to pick up some information ( like using wi-fi as our instructor used to say ) but when it comes to those techniques which to achieve personal goals in life my results were near 0. I wasn't able to change reality that surrounds although Silva proponents claim that you can do anything you want. That's why I got disappointed and quit. Now thinking to go back again to it.

cheers,

 

I have never heard of the method, but without additional information it's hard to say. I suspect though if it didn't work before, you may be disappointed again. I think it depends more on your level of commitment and your ability to put your mind in a deep Alpha state. Not everyone can concentrate to the level it mat require.

Whatever you decide to do I certainly wish you the best.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet

I practiced it for a bit.  As you found, it doesn't work.  If you aren't "right" for someone (or a job) it doesn't matter how many vibes (or how strong) you put out... if you aren't what they are looking for or what they feel satisfies their needs, you won't get the job/car/girl/house/etc.

You CAN change yourself.  But not others.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eternal Flame
1 hour ago, Piney said:

Just meditating increases them.

I got alpha brain wave when looking 30 frames second on TSN.

Edited by The Eternal Flame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
27 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Whatever you decide to do I certainly wish you the best.

 

16 minutes ago, The Eternal Flame said:

I got alpha brain wave when looking 30 frames second on TSN.

Like I said in my first post. Silva didn't know how the brain worked.

Read the article

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eternal Flame
34 minutes ago, Piney said:

Read the article

I just wanted to say how i achieved alpha brain wave a easy method just looking at the show on TSN the only time i got alpha brain wave becose i never experienced before.

Edited by The Eternal Flame
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB
5 hours ago, Piney said:

 

Like I said in my first post. Silva didn't know how the brain worked.

Read the article

I actually read that Silva method is tested in different institutes and passed validation. So it has some value. Also, I'd like to do clairvoyance again. If anyone is interesting please contact me via pm.

here is official web site: https://www.silvamethod.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 hours ago, TrumanB said:

I actually read that Silva method is tested in different institutes and passed validation

You read a lie and I'd like to see the institutes listed. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

https://brainworksneurotherapy.com/what-are-brainwaves

ALPHA WAVES (8 TO 12 HZ)

Alpha brainwaves occur during quietly flowing thoughts, but not quite meditation.

Alpha brainwaves are dominant during quietly flowing thoughts, and in some meditative states. Alpha is ‘the power of now’, being here, in the present. Alpha is the resting state for the brain. Alpha waves aid overall mental coordination, calmness, alertness, mind/body integration and learning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB

Yes, and allegedly it's possible to change your reality during that state of mind. IMO it's not that easy, but what we can do is to pick up information from something that some people call "akashic records".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Just now, TrumanB said:

Yes, and allegedly it's possible to change your reality during that state of mind. IMO it's not that easy, but what we can do is to pick up information from something that some people call "akashic records".

If you want to influence your subjective experience of reality, you need to program the mind. You can't visualize something once and expect it to instantly happen or appear in one's life. You need to repeat the visualization/affirmation, whatever you're doing. Plus the most important thing to do besides changing how we think, is what we do as well. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
5 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Yes, and allegedly it's possible to change your reality during that state of mind. IMO it's not that easy, but what we can do is to pick up information from something that some people call "akashic records".

Actually you have to be on different waves if you read the article I posted.  Gamma and Theta. 

You also need your neurons firing faster. 

The "akashic records" was a idea invented by a con artist misappropriating a concept and any Hindu Guru or Buddhist Priest will tell you that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akasha

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.