Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Silva method

TrumanB

Piney, I had incredible results with clairvoyance by using Silva method. So I know what I'm talking about from my personal experience. There is definitely "something", call it whatever you'd like.

5 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Piney, I had incredible results with clairvoyance by using Silva method. So I know what I'm talking about from my personal experience. There is definitely "something", call it whatever you'd like.

Confirmation bias.

You need to test it with about 4 people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrumanB said:

I actually read that Silva method is tested in different institutes and passed validation. So it has some value.

Tested for what exactly and, by whom?  Pls provide a link to the related scientific papers.

22 minutes ago, Piney said:

Confirmation bias.

You need to test it with about 4 people.

Well, other people from the seminar that I attended also confirmed me that they had good results in their readings.

Or you think that I need 4 people who can confirm that I have these results. Well, I opened a topic on one non-english forum where people confirmed that my readings were good but you don't speak the lingo so...

Edited by TrumanB

8 minutes ago, toast said:

Tested for what exactly and, by whom?  Pls provide a link to the related scientific papers.

I don't have it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Well, other people from the seminar that I attended also confirmed me that they had good results in their readings.

Your good at systemizing events and making projections. I'm the same. Some people think I can see the past and future.

I can't. I just know how the puzzle works and make a really good guess. 

5 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

people from the seminar that I attended.

Like I said. Confirmation bias. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I don't have it.

As you only "..  read that Silva method is tested in different institutes and passed validation" but there is no scientific data available to back the claim, the claim itself is without content and thusly, useless.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Piney said:

Your good at systemizing events and making projections. I'm the same. Some people think I can see the past and future.

I can't. I just know how the puzzle works and make a really good guess. 

Not really. I wasn't describing future nor past, but people that I've never seen - their looks, health issues, character, what they do etc. And I wasn't the only one, other Silva seminar attendants had similar results. Not a confirmation bias.

7 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Not really. I wasn't describing future nor past, but people that I've never seen - their looks, health issues, character, what they do etc. And I wasn't the only one, other Silva seminar attendants had similar results. Not a confirmation bias.

If it works so well, why did intelligence agencies all over the world drop their psychic spy training in the 1970's?  Why isn't Silva training taught by police departments (they've been open to working with psychics)?  Why aren't Silva graduates remarkably successful in life?

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

If it works so well, why did intelligence agencies all over the world drop their psychic spy training in the 1970's?  Why isn't Silva training taught by police departments (they've been open to working with psychics)?  Why aren't Silva graduates remarkably successful in life?

I don't know. Maybe it's not that simple.

34 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I don't know. Maybe it's not that simple.

Government invested a lot of money in psychic spy programs, and there's a lot of material on them.  It wasn't for lack of effort that they shut down, or lack of using certain techniques.  

It was because they don't work.

• Thanks 3

Some other governments still have those programs, that's why I say it's not that simple.

6 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Some other governments still have those programs, that's why I say it's not that simple.

Citation please. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Citation please. 

No need for citations, it's not something that you publically announce. For example, I heard that my government although irrelevant in world has department for that sort of researches. Give me citation that your government shut it down.

Just now, TrumanB said:

No need for citations, it's not something that you publically announce. For example, I heard that my government although irrelevant in world has department for that sort of researches. Give me citation that your government shut it down.

So in other words it's just speculation. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Which one/s?

• Like 1

Russian for example. And who knows how many others.

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

From what I can tell the Silva method is just self-hypnosis, creative visualization and neuro-linguistic programming (NLP).

Above all, its a business model. Seminars, events, books+DVDs.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

From what I can tell the Silva method is just self-hypnosis, creative visualization and neuro-linguistic programming (NLP).

And picking up information from some 'unique field' in alpha state of mind. ;)

2 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

And picking up information from some 'unique field' in alpha state of mind. ;)

You mean the subconscious. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You mean the subconscious. 

universal subconscious! B)

23 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Here ya go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

and here: https://web.archive.org/web/20170113100257/http://www.lfr.org/lfr/csl/library/AirReport.pdf

• Thanks 3

Thanks but we don't know anything about other governments' projects. What about Chinese, Russian, French etc?

3 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Thanks but we don't know anything about other governments' projects. What about Chinese, Russian, French etc?

Well, this started with the Silva Method... is there any evidence that these countries (or your country) has such a program?  

I realize that my googling is somewhat limited to my own English language, but if you have reliable pages in other languages, link them and we can explore them with Google Translate.  I'm not saying blogs or message boards but more reliable things like Wikipedia or newspaper articles.

If a country has a good psychic spy program, then they won't be recruiting people from the general population... they would be advertising for people with psychic ability and they would be taking the most prominent psychics in the country into their program.  So famous psychics would suddenly retire in the middle of a promising career... and there would be no effort to recruit anyone into spy agencies.  In this case, it would be well known that the government was hiring psychics because not all of them would want to spy and those who didn't join would certainly talk about attempts to recruit them.

I don't see this pattern anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1