Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Wild People Doc

Rhode Island Wild People Documentary

Recommended Posts

Wild People Doc

Rhode Island filmmaker looking to make a documentary about wild/feral people who live in the wilderness. Anyone with any experiences or information would be helpful. I am looking for people to interview. All people interviewed will be sent a free copy of the finished DVD when the documentary is completed. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Desertrat56

I don't have any thing to add except a question.  Is Rhode Island big enough to have wilderness? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I don't have any thing to add except a question.  Is Rhode Island big enough to have wilderness? 

:lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
12 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't have any thing to add except a question.  Is Rhode Island big enough to have wilderness? 

It was my first thought as well.  I can NAME all the states but I can't claim familiarity with more than a third or so.  If I ever decided to live a "feral life", I think I'd choose a warmer clime...

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 minutes ago, and then said:

It was my first thought as well.  I can NAME all the states but I can't claim familiarity with more than a third or so.  If I ever decided to live a "feral life", I think I'd choose a warmer clime...

I met one person from Rhode Island when I was in the army.  Maybe he is proof that the whole state is just wilderness and the population is all wild.  I could not understand most of what he said, and what I did understand was very strange.  AND he thought I was from Mexico because he didn't know all the states in the country.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy

There are semi feral people living in city parks.I'd love to see the doco on Rhode island.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
7 minutes ago, openozy said:

There are semi feral people living in city parks.I'd love to see the doco on Rhode island.

If you can call them feral, then  you are right.  They seem to be scavengers and thrive  like coyotes in suburbs.  Urban park areas now seem to be sprouting tents everywhere.  The most popular sites seem to be near a major intersection with shopping cart parking and a good supply of cardboard for signs.  I did meet one enterprising guy collecting and selling bottles who had dug himself a cave on an embankment overlooking a nearby railroad track.  He said he didn't like the tent people because they were mostly crack heads. 

Since I see someone on just about every major intersection, and it makes me wonder just how many there are out there.  I was driving between Salem and Eugene and stopped at a rest stop at shift change.  I was walking by a guy with a sign on my way to the restroom when another guy walked up to him.  The second guy said, "Hey, its 7:00 o'clock"  Guy with the sign said "Thanks, I don't have a watch.  See you.."   He gets up and guy #2 takes his place.  I guess the best places have  limited times.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

He said he didn't like the tent people because they were mostly crack heads. 

Yeah,I think there is a large % of these people messed up on alcohol or drugs but there is also the ones that don't "get" society and choose to live apart from it.I'd call these semi feral.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, openozy said:

but there is also the ones that don't "get" society and choose to live apart from it.I'd call these semi feral.

I think you are right.  That is the way I thought about the bottle seller.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

All I know is that the last time I drove through Rhode Island I spent all my time driving through the city of Providence. I swear, it takes up the whole state.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
23 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I met one person from Rhode Island when I was in the army.  Maybe he is proof that the whole state is just wilderness and the population is all wild.  I could not understand most of what he said, and what I did understand was very strange.  AND he thought I was from Mexico because he didn't know all the states in the country.

My first encounter with a person from Massachusetts was like that.  I was at Fort Jackson in the receiving station to start basic and a guy in my group kept complaining that he hadn't had is - what sounded like "shorts" to me.  I finally understood that he was saying "shots" or vaccinations :)  I'm sure he got a chuckle out of my Alabama lilt as well but he didn't have trouble making out my words ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 minute ago, and then said:

My first encounter with a person from Massachusetts was like that.  I was at Fort Jackson in the receiving station to start basic and a guy in my group kept complaining that he hadn't had is - what sounded like "shorts" to me.  I finally understood that he was saying "shots" or vaccinations :)  I'm sure he got a chuckle out of my Alabama lilt as well but he didn't have trouble making out my words ;) 

It was funny how I could understand the southerners easily (for the most part) but the north easterners had different slang and did not pronounce the words the way I was used to.  I understood most of them but it took me to listen carefully until I got used to it.  I had a harder time getting used to men using emotional terms to describe physical pain.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
joc
On 12/15/2019 at 12:05 PM, and then said:

It was my first thought as well.  I can NAME all the states but I can't claim familiarity with more than a third or so.  If I ever decided to live a "feral life", I think I'd choose a warmer clime...

I think Rhode Island is about the size of Dallas.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc

I would look on top of the Mohegan Bluffs if I were you.  It is rumored that feral people live up there. ..or at least it is as of this writing...

829253189_moheganbluffs.jpg.561ede578d7eeada7634db5ab4cdd077.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
little_dreamer
On 12/15/2019 at 12:11 PM, Wild People Doc said:

Rhode Island filmmaker looking to make a documentary about wild/feral people who live in the wilderness. Anyone with any experiences or information would be helpful. I am looking for people to interview. All people interviewed will be sent a free copy of the finished DVD when the documentary is completed. 

How many people are feral, yet they still own a DVD player? :huh:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.