Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Road to Brexit

bee

4 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Our Sovereign Parliament as passed the Brexit Bill. We are leaving on the 31st January. and the EU have until Dec 2020 to conclude a trade deal or its WTO.

I love how that phrase you spouted so many times when events were going in your favour when the democracy deniers hijacked Parliamentary business has come back to bite you on the ****. and your side kick @RAyMO foolishly joined in. Parliament is sovereign not the people well, the People and the power vested in the people as been demonstrated in no uncertain terms at the General election. suck it up. you blubbering fool.

Thanks to the WA I can now sit back and look forward to you getting the brexit - brexiteers deserve.

Sadly though you won't - little Boris has removed parliamentary oversight - yet claims a deal will be easy and done is a year - Brino on the way!.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Setton said:

Well they were elected on the basis of Boris' deal. And the bill they passed today follows up on that :)

They where elected on the basis of Boris's statement that he would "get Brexit done". 

The government has the power to abrogate the Ben Act, and go for a no-deal Brexit, should they choose to do that. Personally, I don't think they WILL do that, but they have the capability. 

I'd be more worried post Brexit if I was living in the UK.  Whatever deal the UK gets I bet it will be Eurocentric.  Then again, you can only hope Trump gets re-elected, he'll offer a good deal.  Ask the Chinese.  ;)

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

They where elected on the basis of Boris's statement that he would "get Brexit done". 

The government has the power to abrogate the Ben Act, and go for a no-deal Brexit, should they choose to do that. Personally, I don't think they WILL do that, but they have the capability. 

They have voted to accept the WA - once that is ratified (in EU) it becomes International law.

They can still opt for soft or hard trade deal or no trade deal at all. But as for the immediate terms of our leaving and how that aspect plays out (in all circumstances) that has already been effectively agreed to.

2 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

They have voted to accept the WA - once that is ratified (in EU) it becomes International law.

They can still opt for soft or hard trade deal or no trade deal at all. But as for the immediate terms of our leaving and how that aspect plays out (in all circumstances) that has already been effectively agreed to.

Assuming the legislation passes through the Commons, and then through the Lords, does that mean that Boris is obliged to present it to the EU ? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Assuming the legislation passes through the Commons, and then through the Lords, does that mean that Boris is obliged to present it to the EU ? 

Good question - I don't know is the answer - Not sure he has to present it as such. The EU will not be ratifying the Withdrawal bill  passed through the commons. For a start it includes elements applicable only to UK domestic law.

What they will be ratifying is their deal agreed with Boris (Withdrawal Agreement) and the 27 heads of government, once it has been ratified by the commons as part of the Withdrawal Bill. 

good question interesting to see how that plays out.

ETA rather than present to EU - which I don't believe would be required - The question is is Boris obliged to present it for royal assent?

off course there is always the option for the EU to say - actually NO we don't like this deal and refuse to ratify it.

Edited by RAyMO

5 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

I'd be more worried post Brexit if I was living in the UK.  Whatever deal the UK gets I bet it will be Eurocentric.  Then again, you can only hope Trump gets re-elected, he'll offer a good deal.  Ask the Chinese.  ;)

im looking forward to the FTA we sign with Australia.

12 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Thanks to the WA I can now sit back and look forward to you getting the brexit - brexiteers deserve.

Sadly though you won't - little Boris has removed parliamentary oversight - yet claims a deal will be easy and done is a year - Brino on the way!.

No, A triumph, finally, for democracy over tyranny. the UK will be leaving the EU, BRINO is as dead as Remain. please do keep up.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

No, A triumph, finally, for democracy over tyranny. the UK will be leaving the EU, BRINO is as dead as Remain. please do keep up.

Yes, some people don't appear to understand what's happening, said many times in parliament yesterday, the lowest court in the UK can and will over rule the highest EU court, we will control our own boarders with a points system with fast track for highly skilled people from anywhere in the world, there will be no extension, we leave if there is or isn't a deal (this is now law) add to this making our own trade deals, i think that's everything Brexiteers voted for.

Edited by hetrodoxly

54 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

im looking forward to the FTA we sign with Australia.

Sure, but don't expect much, there's only 26 million of us. 

6 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

The EU's main concern is we'll have an unfair advantage. 

1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

The EU's main concern is we'll have an unfair advantage. 

Which is the reason you won't.  Not unless they're stupid.  Then again if you believe Johnston will make it happen under WTO terms, good luck with that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

From their manifesto:

we will start putting our deal through Parliament before Christmas and we will leave the European Union in January.

Obviously they have the capability to betray their voters and break the promises they made (and a track record for it). But why would they? 

They equally have the capability to pass a law banning the letter m. But that idea is also isguided and oronic. 

Edited by Setton
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Which is the reason you won't.  Not unless they're stupid.  Then again if you believe Johnston will make it happen under WTO terms, good luck with that.

Sorry i don't understand your post?

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

Sure, but don't expect much, there's only 26 million of us. 

True. But you DO have a significant advantage over us in Barbecue Technology ! 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

From their manifesto:

Obviously they have the capability to betray their voters and break the promises they made (and a track record for it). But why would they? 

They equally have the capability to pass a law banning the letter m. But that idea is also isguided and oronic. 

They wouldn't be breaking any proises ! The Ben act was designed to HAPER negotiations, not to HELP the. 

Incidentally, under your law about the 13th letter of the alphabet, what would we call the Head of the SIS in the Bond Ovies ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

They wouldn't be breaking any proises ! The Ben act was designed to HAPER negotiations, not to HELP the. 

But by leaving without a deal, they would be breaking their promise to voters to pass Boris's deal. 

Incidentally, under your law about the 13th letter of the alphabet, what would we call the Head of the SIS in the Bond Ovies ? 

Eh. 

Which makes them much less dramatic. 

"Bond, we need you." 

"Eh?" 

7 minutes ago, Setton said:

But by leaving without a deal, they would be breaking their promise to voters to pass Boris's deal. 

I disagree. I don't think people voted for Boris's deal; they voted for Brexit .

27 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I disagree. I don't think people voted for Boris's deal; they voted for Brexit .

Yes, I voted to end the frustration of Brexit by the Labour Party and Liberal Democrats.

Ideally I want a Hard-Brexit, but I can accept the Boris deal if needed. If we go for it we need to be careful of the EU trying to separate off NI or Scotland. Once we are out and enter into a post-Brexit boom the SNP are finished. All the economic doom and gloom lies will be exposed.

And the Hard-Brexit would give us the best success leading us into the roaring 20s.

50 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

You can disagree all you like but that's what he campaigned on. 

Or is this going to be like when no dealers denied the leave campaign promised a deal? Just more attempts to subvert Democracy and force their minority opinion on the majority through subterfuge and deceit. 

24 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

And the Hard-Brexit would give us the best success leading us into the roaring 20s.

Oh goody. So 10 years to another Great Depression. 

If you're going to cite history, learn some. 

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

Oh goody. So 10 years to another Great Depression. 

If you're going to cite history, learn some. 

If you`re going to adopt a position on economics, learn something about it lmao.

22 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The Remainers still don't get it do they. If we arrive at the point of No deal Boris will lead us out, they still think where back to where we where two months ago whereby remain MPs where passing all sorts of laws stating we couldnt leave without a deal. Boris has now set a deadline on the negotiations. We leave the EU on the 31st January. we then give the EU till the 31st December 2020 to offer and convince us why its a good idea to sign a trade agreement with them. - as we've seen the EU are preparing to ask for the deadline to be extended beyond December 2020 up to December 2021. Why are they asking for an extension its because they aren't ready for the UK leaving. the EU is like the old soviet union it convinces its people its big, strong and powerful and then bang over night collapses and the people never seen it coming.

• 31st January 2020 We leave. 
  • 31st December 2020 transition period ends, with or without a deal. (this will be set in law)

We also regain our independent seat at the WTO. 

Also on the 31st January trade deals come into force with non-eu countries. we'll be trading with these countries in our own right.

• Colombia
  • Ecuador
  • Peru
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • The Commonwealth of the Bahamas
  • The Commonwealth of Dominica
  • The Dominican Republic
  • Grenada
  • The Republic of Guyana
  • Jamaica
  • Saint Christopher and Nevis
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Chile
  • Madagascar
  • Mauritius
  • Seychelles
  • Zimbabwe
  • Faroe Islands
  • Georgia
  • Iceland
  • Norway
  • Israel
  • Jordan
  • Kosovo
  • Lebanon
  • Liechtenstein
  • Morocco
  • Fiji
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Botswana
  • Eswatini
  • Lesotho
  • Namibia
  • South Africa
  • Mozambique
  • South Korea
  • Switzerland
  • Tunisia
  • Brazil
  • South Afirca
  • Mexico
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • United States of America
  • Canada
  • Japan
  • Egypt

Countries we'll be trading with under WTO. changed from current trading status. (*% of UK trade in 2018)

• Albania (Western Balkans)
  • Algeria
  • Andorra
  • San Marino
  • Bosnia & Herzegovina (Western Balkans)
  • Cameroon (Central Africa)
  • Côte d’Ivoire
  • Ghana (Western Africa)
  • Kenya
  • Moldova
  • Montenegro (Western Balkans)
  • North Macedonia (Western Balkans)
  • Serbia (Western Balkans)
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine

I was Told no one will want to trade with us, little old Britain 5th largest country in the world. another myth busted 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevewinn said:

BRINO is as dead as Remain. please do keep up.

very much on the cards - the only reason to do what he did with removing parliamentary scrutiny, given his majority was to negate the ERG.

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

very much on the cards - the only reason to do what he did with removing parliamentary scrutiny, given his majority was to negate the ERG.

Its not, The transition period the WA has no legs, the end date is December 2020. The UK will no longer be a EU member. how is that BRINO. its over.

• The topic was locked