Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
bee

The Road to Brexit

1,152 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hetrodoxly
17 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

changing the form of government won't change the will of the people and in Scotland its a slow steady march in one direction.

Where have i heard that before, i remember it was during the once in a generation vote, personally i think we should give them the vote as soon as Brexit is out of the way, if they want to break the union they started let them go, English Whisky is better anyway and the beef grazed on the lush green Summerset flats is as good as any in the world, England, Wales and Northern Ireland might be voting to leave Scotland there's only so much whinging we can take.

Edited by hetrodoxly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
22 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

changing the form of government won't change the will of the people and in Scotland its a slow steady march in one direction.

The aim is not to change the will of the people, but to alter the structure of government so that the people who want Scotland to be independent no longer have a voice. To honour democracy we could instead give them a mandatory independence referendum every 50 years.

But in the meantime do some population engineering so that they would lose the vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
9 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Where have i heard that before, i remember it was during the once in a generation vote, personally i think we should give them the vote as soon as Brexit is out of the way, if they want to break the union they started let them go, English Whisky is better anyway and the beef grazed on the lush green Summerset flats is as good as any in the world, England, Wales and Northern Ireland might be voting to leave Scotland there's only so much whinging we can take.

One of the reasons why Britain punches far above its weight is that we are an island nation.

It means we dont need a large standing army to guard our borders and can instead put most of our military budget into hi-tech assets. If our integrity is ruined by Scotland going independent then we lose our key advantage. We are no longer a unified island nation, there is another country here as well.

That means the EU or a hostile foreign power has a way onto our island and could launch a land invasion into England from it. An independent Scotland is a huge mistake. We need to stop and reverse the rot going on in the UK. Obviously we cannot see this threat at the current time because everyone is friendly but what happen after Brexit the first time we have a falling out with the EU? Be it 10, 20, 50, or even 100 years time, if we ruin the integrity of our island we will come to regret it.

The call for Scottish Independence is driven by Catholic nationalists who have wanted to be separate since the Union came into being. They hate England, they always have and they always will. They are a minority too (30% of the population?) but through the SNP they have a way to get their claws into the rest of Scotland. The call for referendum after referendum will come from the SNP until they finally manipulate enough of Scotland to vote yes.

One yes vote, and its all over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ethereal_scout
Quote

The call for Scottish Independence is driven by Catholic nationalists who have wanted to be separate since the Union came into being.

No, they're not for an Englastan. England has been Jewish or Satanist since Thatcher. It tells a tale after a while. It drives a wedge. We're for our food where we are.

Three things need fixed top priority: 

1) Food back on

2) Welfare fixed

3) Housing fixed.

If neither Gov fixes them - then yes, independence is likely.

England needs to be Catholic or Protestant in order to stop it.

Edited by ethereal_scout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
14 minutes ago, ethereal_scout said:

No, they're not for an Englastan. England has been Jewish or Satanist since Thatcher. It tells a tale after a while. It drives a wedge. We're for our food where we are.

Three things need fixed top priority: 

1) Food back on

2) Welfare fixed

3) Housing fixed.

If neither Gov fixes them - then yes, independence is likely.

England needs to be Catholic or Protestant in order to stop it.

You think England is Jewish or Satanist? Please enlighten us.

You do realise if they give England its own Parliament (as they are planning too) then its more likely England would declare independence from Scotland before it gets the chance to ruin the party? You just stated the reason why which is England having to pay for the Scottish social welfare state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ethereal_scout
Quote

You think England is Jewish or Satanist?

Yes - and that's what Brexit and English separation is. Thatcher was either Satanist or jewish, she wasn't for people food - or those not working. Her understanding of Capitalism is wrong - money doesn't trickle down, it trickles up - REAL things trickle down, like T-shirts from the Sir Philip Greens of this world. 

Quote

England would declare independence from Scotland

And tow yourselves off to Israel no doubt.

Quote

You just stated the reason why which is England having to pay for the Scottish social welfare state.

Which I'm presently on. You need to be able to do "three" here (rather than 2).

Church doesn't work and can't do food

Masons do work and can do food.

Gov is on tax or the tithe.

Money is simply printed and the bank (or a bank) and handed out - that's were it comes from. The Bank of England. Money is illusionary. Food is real - and it grows. Catholics know money comes from the bank. Jews and Satanists believe it comes from the 'person'. It comes from the bank.

Therefore if Scotland were independent - based on work is nothing many people ie Church would opt to not work and spend their printed money. Masons would continue to work and do food. And we'd end up a developing nation - rather than a fourth world nation which we've been since Thatcher.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
35 minutes ago, ethereal_scout said:

No, they're not for an Englastan. England has been Jewish or Satanist since Thatcher. It tells a tale after a while. It drives a wedge. We're for our food where we are.

Three things need fixed top priority: 

1) Food back on

2) Welfare fixed

3) Housing fixed.

If neither Gov fixes them - then yes, independence is likely.

England needs to be Catholic or Protestant in order to stop it.

Are you on drugs?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ethereal_scout
Quote

Are you on drugs?

Not at present, however sticking to denominationalism Protestants know drugs to be nothing, Catholics know drugs to be a moral (but don't like death) therefore I conclude that the illegality of drugs is Satanist. Thatcher abolished the drugs in the 80s which I'm still trying to get over, as it stands I'm for drugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
15 minutes ago, ethereal_scout said:

Not at present, however sticking to denominationalism Protestants know drugs to be nothing, Catholics know drugs to be a moral (but don't like death) therefore I conclude that the illegality of drugs is Satanist. Thatcher abolished the drugs in the 80s which I'm still trying to get over, as it stands I'm for drugs.

You're on some strong 5h1t there man.

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAyMO
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

One of the reasons why Britain punches far above its weight is that we are an island nation.

It means we dont need a large standing army to guard our borders and can instead put most of our military budget into hi-tech assets. If our integrity is ruined by Scotland going independent then we lose our key advantage. We are no longer a unified island nation, there is another country here as well.

That means the EU or a hostile foreign power has a way onto our island and could launch a land invasion into England from it. An independent Scotland is a huge mistake. We need to stop and reverse the rot going on in the UK. Obviously we cannot see this threat at the current time because everyone is friendly but what happen after Brexit the first time we have a falling out with the EU? Be it 10, 20, 50, or even 100 years time, if we ruin the integrity of our island we will come to regret it.

The call for Scottish Independence is driven by Catholic nationalists who have wanted to be separate since the Union came into being. They hate England, they always have and they always will. They are a minority too (30% of the population?) but through the SNP they have a way to get their claws into the rest of Scotland. The call for referendum after referendum will come from the SNP until they finally manipulate enough of Scotland to vote yes.

One yes vote, and its all over.

A little like Brexit.

why is it you are all for England (UK) taking back control - but all against Scotland taking back control

"One of the reasons why Britain punches far above its weight is that we are an island nation"

The UK is not a nation - its a Union of 4 nations. Well 3 nations and a province - well part of a province. It held together while the majority in each of the 4 nations supported that Union. Those days are coming to an end - the majority in N Ireland is already nationalist, the voting majority is already non unionist and will be nationalists by 2022 or so.

In scotland nationalist voters are growing - the Union is ending - Brexit proved beyond any doubt beyond any argument that the UK is not interested the wishes of its constituent countires. that being the case those constituent countries should logically say thank you and good bye.

Edited by RAyMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

The call for leaving the EU is driven by nationalists who have wanted to be separate since the Union came into being. They hate Europe, they always have and they always will. They are a minority too (26% of the population?) but through the Conservatives, they have a way to get their claws into the rest of the UK. The call for referendum after referendum will come from the leavers until they finally manipulate enough of the UK to vote yes.

One yes vote, and its all over.

Fixed that for you.

Also suggest you look up irony. 

Edited by Setton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
4 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Congratulations, Liverpool World Champions.

It was a great game to watch.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
13 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

A little like Brexit.

why is it you are all for England (UK) taking back control - but all against Scotland taking back control

"One of the reasons why Britain punches far above its weight is that we are an island nation"

The UK is not a nation - its a Union of 4 nations. Well 3 nations and a province - well part of a province. It held together while the majority in each of the 4 nations supported that Union. Those days are coming to an end - the majority in N Ireland is already nationalist, the voting majority is already non unionist and will be nationalists by 2022 or so.

In scotland nationalist voters are growing - the Union is ending - Brexit proved beyond any doubt beyond any argument that the UK is not interested the wishes of its constituent countires. that being the case those constituent countries should logically say thank you and good bye.

We are Britain, let us stay that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
9 minutes ago, Setton said:

Fixed that for you.

Also suggest you look up irony. 

You forgot to turn 30% into 52%.

Nice attempt though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
1 hour ago, ethereal_scout said:

Not at present, however sticking to denominationalism Protestants know drugs to be nothing, Catholics know drugs to be a moral (but don't like death) therefore I conclude that the illegality of drugs is Satanist. Thatcher abolished the drugs in the 80s which I'm still trying to get over, as it stands I'm for drugs.

Maybe if you spent your welfare money on food instead of drugs you would be about to eat lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAyMO
9 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

We are Britain, let us stay that way.

Let us not. and let us use Brexit to get out.

Oh and even Unionist leaders are now saying its time to look anew at the relationship. Never would have heard that pre-brexit.

Edited by RAyMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
6 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You forgot to turn 30% into 52%.

Nice attempt though. 

You're right I did miss that. Fixed now as 26%. You said population, not electorate. Only 26% of the population supported leave in 2016 (less now). 

Edited by Setton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
1 minute ago, Setton said:

You're right I'd di miss that. Fixed now as 26%. You said population, not electorate. Only 26% of the population supported leave in 2016 (less now). 

We won we won,

Oh Setton we won we won,

We won the vote,

Now its time to leave!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn

I find it funny, the same people who wanted to keep the EU whole, now seem to want the UK to breakup. funny that. why aren't they arguing to keep the UK whole. we can see right through them. they have no motive no sireee. At the end of the day there simply isn't the support for an independent Scotland. as was shown in 2014. (i like the way the Remainer losers have now moved on, realising Brexit is happening Remain died this winter) 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

We won we won,

Oh Setton we won we won,

We won the vote,

Now its time to leave!

Lol keep telling yourself that and enjoy the deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
13 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

I find it funny, the same people who wanted to keep the EU whole, now seem to want the UK to breakup. funny that. 

Stating that something is ow more likely to happen doesn't mean you want it to. 

Just remember, whatever happens in the next 5 years is on you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

Congratulations, Liverpool World Champions.

It was a great game to watch.

Yep, great game, as i expected south American teams have a tricky way of playing always the same. the Referee was poor, Champion League, European SuperCup, FiFA world club cup Winners, but fingers crossed for the holy grail the Premier League title, and Champions league, throw in the FA as well. wouldnt be a bad year. but going to be very hard to do. but i've been to Anfield a few times this season and this team is something special. the pace of the game and the running by the players has to be seen in person to be believed and appreciated. you can physically see Liverpool grinding teams down. hence all the late goals which isn't surprising when you see them play.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
5 minutes ago, Setton said:

Lol keep telling yourself that and enjoy the deal. 

 

 

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
1 minute ago, Setton said:

Stating that something is ow more likely to happen doesn't mean you want it to. 

Just remember, whatever happens in the next 5 years is on you. 

more doom and gloom you must be a hoot to live with, i bet the winter nights flyby in your house.

I'd be a little more concerned it could happen if it was people with a track of record of being right who was saying it. but alas. its the same old serial losers. i guess they just dont want to break the streak.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
34 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

more doom and gloom you must be a hoot to live with, i bet the winter nights flyby in your house.

I'd be a little more concerned it could happen if it was people with a track of record of being right who was saying it. but alas. its the same old serial losers. i guess they just dont want to break the streak.

We'll see. I hope you do prove me wrong. But I doubt it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.