Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
moonmare143

Boeing is halting production of the 737 Max

moonmare143

Boeing is halting production of the embattled 737 Max starting in January

New York (CNN Business)Boeing plans to suspend production of the 737 Max starting in January as it waits for the embattled plane to be recertified to return to service, the company announced Monday.

The company's stock price closed down more than 4% Monday after early reports that Boeing (BA) might halt the plane's production began to circulate, and then fell another 0.67% after hours following the company's official announcement.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/16/business/boeing-suspends-737-max-production/index.html

Edited by moonmare143
  • Like 2

moonman

...yay?

and then
1 hour ago, moonman said:

...yay?

I have the impression this was a foregone conclusion.  They were just putting together the least painful and expensive way to change production to other craft, IMO.  Boeing is an American institution and I hate that the leadership made such a horrendous judgment with these planes.  It will take a long time for them to recover from the stigma of what looks like a needless loss of life.  Sometimes, cutting corners to be efficient can bite you in the backside.  

RoofGardener
Just now, and then said:

I have the impression this was a foregone conclusion.  They were just putting together the least painful and expensive way to change production to other craft, IMO.  Boeing is an American institution and I hate that the leadership made such a horrendous judgment with these planes.  It will take a long time for them to recover from the stigma of what looks like a needless loss of life.  Sometimes, cutting corners to be efficient can bite you in the backside.  

"Change production to other craft" ? 

WHAT other craft ? 

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

"Change production to other craft" ? 

WHAT other craft ? 

The A320 ? :rolleyes:

I think its gonna be a good christmas in Toulouse. (Airbus headquarters)

toast

'Designed by clowns': Boeing messages raise serious questions about 737 Max

The crisis enveloping Boeing has deepened with the release of hundreds of internal messages between employees working on the 737 Max aircraft, which boasted of deceiving safety regulators and said the plane had been “designed by clowns”.

US politicians investigating Boeing said the messages were deeply disturbing and showed “a coordinated effort to conceal information” about flaws in the aircraft, which was grounded last year after two fatal crashes.

(...) In instant messages sent in April 2017 complaining about the Max’s flight management technology, an employee wrote: “This airplane is designed by clowns who in turn are supervised by monkeys.”

The Guardian

• Thanks 1