Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Turkey rattles its sabres

RoofGardener

Well, big-boy Erdogen has started sabre-rattling. In revenge for Congress recognising the Armenian Genocide 100 years ago, and US threats of sanctions, he has threatened to close Incirlik air base. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-usa-sanctions-incirlik/turkey-could-close-incirlik-air-base-in-face-of-u-s-threats-erdogan-idUSKBN1YJ0LL

Incirlik is a major airbase that - among other things - hosts nuclear weapons. He has also threatened to close down the Kurecik Radar Station. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kürecik_Radar_Station

He has also threatened that the Turkish parliament would pass a resolution declaring that the historic treatment of Native Americans constituted Genocide. Surely Congress must be trembling at such a dire threat ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

More countries are raising their own flag and agenda, quite a bravado to have national pride, normally they return to stone age a short time after with a civil unrest (founded oversea) and finally getting bombed for ten or so years...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

More countries are raising their own flag and agenda, quite a bravado to have national pride, normally they return to stone age a short time after with a civil unrest (founded oversea) and finally getting bombed for ten or so years...

Well, indeed. 

And isn't it curious how hypersensitive Turkey appears to be about the Armenian Genocide ? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, big-boy Erdogen has started sabre-rattling.

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk would of had his head on a lance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

And isn't it curious how hypersensitive Turkey appears to be about the Armenian Genocide ? 

Like the U.S. and Canada is about the Native one. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Piney said:

I dunno.. they don't threaten to close bases down over it ? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Erdogan  is a whining tw*t though.  :yes:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Erdogan  is a whining tw*t though.  :yes:

True, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, in a weird way I can see his point, but the sanctions for the genocide of the natives needs to include Canada, central and South american natives and include Spain, the UK and the Dutch in the sanctions.  What was someone thinking to even go down this road?  Sanctions for something that happened 100 years ago is purposely incendiary and hypocritical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, in a weird way I can see his point, but the sanctions for the genocide of the natives needs to include Canada, central and South american natives and include Spain, the UK and the Dutch in the sanctions.  What was someone thinking to even go down this road?  Sanctions for something that happened 100 years ago is purposely incendiary and hypocritical.

What happened in the past is sad... but natives where killing each others tribes and cultures too, like what European have done to themselves for hundreds of years...

History of human being is war, killing and pillage all along...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

He has also threatened that the Turkish parliament would pass a resolution declaring that the historic treatment of Native Americans constituted Genocide. Surely Congress must be trembling at such a dire threat ? 

I hope they actually do that so they can notice the complete nonreaction from the American people. Lol

Most of us already consider it a genocide. 

Accept your **** turkey and don't be a baby about it :lol:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Ummm.. the sanctions wheren't about the Armenian Genocide.. that was a seperate issue. The sanctions where imposed because of Turkey's invasion of Northern Syria. 

The Armenian thing was a resolution in the House describing the atrocity as a Genocide. it was purely a non-binding resolution; a sort of "statement of belief". But Turkey is incredibly sensitive about the issue for some strange reason. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Piney said:

And Australia, don't forget about them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Or deny it really.  Yep.  It happened.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And Australia, don't forget about them.

and Taiwan's genocide on the Formosans, and let me see......

The Beaker Folk came into Britain and wiped out the Farmer folk. The Angles, Saxons and Jutes half wiped out the Beaker's descendants.

Rome just slaughtered anybody who didn't agree with them. The Athenians committed genocide on the Sicilians, Then we have the Christian Crusades, the Muslim Crusades. Charlemagne's genocide of the Saxons. The Teutonic Knights genocide of the Balto-Slavic People. The Shoshonean speaking Mexica wiping out the locals and creating the Aztec Empire. 

...etc...etc.....etc... 

Edited by Piney
Urantia is Dreck
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Or deny it really.  Yep.  It happened.

The saddest part about the Armenian Genocide is they missed the Kardashians. :no:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

and Taiwan's genocide on the Formosans, and let me see......

The Beaker Folk came into Britain and wiped out the Farmer folk. The Angles, Saxons and Jutes half wiped out the Beaker's descendants.

Rome just slaughtered anybody who didn't agree with them. The Athenians committed genocide on the Sicilians, Then we have the Christian Crusades, the Muslim Crusades. Charlemagne's genocide of the Saxons. The Teutonic Knights genocide on the Balto-Slavic People. The Shoshonean speaking Mexica wiping out the locals and creating the Aztec Empire. 

...etc...etc.....etc... 

Yeah, there is a statue of Sealth, who Seattle was named for and on it says "A Firm Friend To The Whites" I was reading that thinking, Really?  So I did a bit of research.  Seems that Chief Sealth, in his younger days had genocided a few neighboring tribes and his power was waning so to prevent his tribe from being the next tribe to be wiped out he cozied up with the founders of the city.  Genocide has been going on forever and everywhere.

Tilikum_Place_Chief_Seattle_statue_-_pla

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

The saddest part about the Armenian Genocide is they missed the Kardashians. :no:

They're Armenian :lol:

Kardashian has expressed pride in her Armenian and Scottish ancestry. She is not a citizen of either country and does not speak Armenian. ... In April 2015, Kardashian traveled to Armenia with her husband, her sister Khloé, and her daughter North and visited the Armenian Genocide memorial Tsitsernakaberd in Yerevan.

Did not know that.  Good for me! :tu:

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, there is a statue of Sealth, who Seattle was named for and on it says "A Firm Friend To The Whites" I was reading that thinking, Really?  So I did a bit of research.  Seems that Chief Sealth, in his younger days had genocided a few neighboring tribes and his power was waning so to prevent his tribe from being the next tribe to be wiped out he cozied up with the founders of the city.  Genocide has been going on forever and everywhere.

The Lakota-Dakota people were once rice harvesters like us. :whistle:

• Like 1