Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery aircraft on runway near Area 51

UM-Bot

Resolution on zoom is so dreadfully poor that no one can see anything. You could get better imagery on Google Earth.

with seemingly identical craft sitting in front or at least protruding out of the hangars. 

Looks, insofar as anything can be made out, like just shadows.

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Thanks 2

Agree. Total crap.

In other pictures in article it appears the hangers face outward, but the "dots" they are saying are aircraft appear to be at the ends of the rows so couldnt be partly concealed.

Nothing !  

I can only assume they are talking about the invisible aircraft......

apart from that I see nothing (apart from dead people...sorry poor dad joke)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not to mention, it is a place used for experimental air craft.  So what, we can't identify it, that is the point.

• Like 2

Nope - don't see anything like that.

On the topic, though, go to Google Maps and pull up the Area 51 imagery. I see three airliners - probably 737s - but there is one aircraft to the north-west of the base I can't identify. It's either an F-15 or an F-16 but the image resolution isn't good enough for me to tell.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Obviousman said:

Nope - don't see anything like that.

On the topic, though, go to Google Maps and pull up the Area 51 imagery. I see three airliners - probably 737s - but there is one aircraft to the north-west of the base I can't identify. It's either an F-15 or an F-16 but the image resolution isn't good enough for me to tell.

They caught a 737 taxying in off the runway. Just above the two on the apron there's a turboprop twin, and yes, the mystery black fighter, if you zoom in real close you lose all resolution of course but the configuration of wings, elevators and intakes beside the fuselage do look like a F-15, although in an unusual paint scheme. 

All I see is possible a few Boeing aircraft and stealth fighter jet. Nothing odd at all. 

Mystery aircraft seen at a place known for mystery aircraft, i.e. new aircraft under development. Doesn't seem very mysterious I think.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 11:42 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Not to mention, it is a place used for experimental air craft.  So what, we can't identify it, that is the point.

I don’t often agree with you, but I sure do here. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 7:23 PM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

They caught a 737 taxying in off the runway. Just above the two on the apron there's a turboprop twin, and yes, the mystery black fighter, if you zoom in real close you lose all resolution of course but the configuration of wings, elevators and intakes beside the fuselage do look like a F-15, although in an unusual paint scheme. 

The turbo looks like a Metroliner but unsure how popular they are in the US.

On 12/23/2019 at 5:33 AM, Obviousman said:

The USAF has about a dozen used for surveillance. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_C-26_Metroliner  Or could be the omnipresent Homeland Security, of course. 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

On 12/23/2019 at 4:33 PM, Obviousman said:

The article tells you what it is: NT-43A radar test bed (converted Boeing T-43 737-200).

Callsign RAT55. :tu:

And for those who can’t see anything in the low-resolution image: It is clear when compared to other images that there is something in front of or protruding from the hangars. 
Although what they are is impossible to tell without higher resolution images. 

On 12/19/2019 at 8:49 PM, UM-Bot said:

A number of unidentified aircraft have been spotted next to hangars at Tonopah Test Range Airport in Nevada.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/333093/mystery-aircraft-spotted-on-runway-near-area-51

I think they need to get a new Satelite, those images really really suck. I have seen Military Satilite images where you clearly read a name tag on a uniform. 

• 2 months later...

How does anyone expect to see a stealth aircraft anyhow ? (jk).

• Haha 3

On 3/11/2020 at 12:35 PM, Alchopwn said:

How does anyone expect to see a stealth aircraft anyhow ? (jk).

The pilots perhaps? 

• 1 month later...

It's just another freaking airplane that men created to kill each other with... boring 

I visited Nevada in 2008. Now if I get that opportunity would definitely like to take a peak in that Area. ;)

• Like 1

the-latest-in-stealth-tech

• Haha 1