Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eyes the color of the fire in hell

UM-Bot

By: Slick | Location: Ohio

One night me and my wife were about to sit down to watch some TV. It was about 10 o'clock so we had some lights on. I sit in a recliner and she sit on the couch no more than 4 ft apart we both had about the same view in towards our bedroom.

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112325/eyes-the-color-of-the-fire-in-hell

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like it fits in my 'the paranormal is rare but not all that rare either' category. A hundred similar stories....

Papameter  75% Paranormal    25% Hoax/Natural

• Haha 1

There are a number of animals whose eyes glow red in the dark (owls, cats, rabbits, raccoons, for example).

An animal would also explain the claw noises they heard in the attic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/19/2019 at 11:48 AM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

There are a number of animals whose eyes glow red in the dark (owls, cats, rabbits, raccoons, for example).

An animal would also explain the claw noises they heard in the attic.

I would have assumed animal as well. I have to ask, this is just me asking, if it was something out of hell, would your family & your dogs be here today? I mean some kind of hell beast demon monster should have just got you (with more than a sledgehammer) or at least your dogs. I find an incredibly high survival rate in "real life" verses the movie screen. I'm not making fun of you, just curious.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Cats can have red glowing eyes. A feral, or stray cat would certainly be an option here. Also, we sometimes perceive red glowing eyes that are really yellow. However, based on the angle, distance, lighting, etc..they may appear red. In this case, a racoon could be the culprit. Both have claws, of course.

I would have looked for claw marks and other evidence of an animal. If something is nesting up in the attic, or coming in and out thru a small hole somewhere, there's going to be evidence. Muddy prints, nest, maybe droppings, but not likely. Urine smell is more of a possibility than droppings.

Too much mussing from the story. The way it reads, a couple things happened and they moved. However, I'm pretty convinced that it's some sort of animal..Maybe even a possum. In fact, they have no problem invading our spaces if they smell something they can eat. I'd be far more worried about rabid animals than a demon from hell in this case.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 12:19 AM, UM-Bot said:

I don't think they should watch scary movies anymore, they obviously can handle them.

peace

• Like 2

Racoon

• Like 1

• 3 months later...