Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"My wife didn't kill me" note found on corpse

Eldorado

"Police have found a notarized letter believed to have been written by a man whose body was discovered in the freezer of a Utah retirement home, claiming his wife had nothing to do with his death.

"Locals think Jeanne Souron-Mathers, 75, kept the death of her husband Paul Edward Mathers, 69, secret so she could claim $177,000 in government payouts after the veteran died.

"Police are looking at whether they planned for him to keep collecting his Social Security and Veteran's Affairs checks, and a friend said it was a 'clever' move if the man got the note signed to put the Remington Park Retirement Apartments resident in the clear."

Full monty at the UK Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7802477/Utah-mans-body-freezer-11-years-left-notarized-letter-stating-wife-didnt-kill-him.html

And at NBC: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/notarized-letter-allegedly-man-found-utah-freezer-says-wife-didn-n1103551

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So what can they do if the woman is now dead?  If the man did write the letter it was most likely to be sure she did not get incarcerated for his death and maybe it was his plan so that she could continue to get his benefits.  Very weird.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So what can they do if the woman is now dead?  If the man did write the letter it was most likely to be sure she did not get incarcerated for his death and maybe it was his plan so that she could continue to get his benefits.  Very weird.

When we saw this on the news my sister says "Good for her! Glad she got away with it!" :lol:

• Haha 5

:no:

• Like 1