Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uri Geller claims he helped Boris win

Still Waters

Everyone needs a magic spoon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

In fact I don't know why he didn't go the whole hog and budget be ******ed and give him the whole Kids Cutlery Set, only £3.99 from IKEA. 

IKEA KALAS2 Kids Cutlery Set, Plastic, Assorted

• Like 2

I don't know about helping Boris win, but I do believe he has bent spoons paranormally. Enough convincing and intelligent claims has me convinced beyond reasonable doubt. I also know the gang all-out well-spring among dedicated skeptics and consider that too along with the source of the condemnation.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I do believe he has bent spoons paranormally. Enough convincing and intelligent claims has me convinced beyond reasonable doubts.

Do you ever doubt anything? I swear, it's always a yes on the papameter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, XenoFish said:

Do you ever doubt anything? I swear, it's always a yes on the papameter.

I doubt everything actually especially sources that seem like vehement perpetual naysayers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't know about helping Boris win, but I do believe he has bent spoons paranormally. Enough convincing and intelligent claims has me convinced beyond reasonable doubts. I also know the gang all-out well-spring among dedicated skeptics and consider that too along with the source of the condemnation.

It's too easy to explain Uri Geller, especially when he has failed time and again when not allowed to bend his own utensils or have prior access to the items he is asked to affect.

This video shows Uri failing and James Randi showing how to perform Uris tricks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I doubt everything actually especially sources that seem like vehement perpetual naysayers.

So long as there is a wealth of anecdotal evidence that is. Any old story will do. So long as those stories confirm your belief you are more than will to ignore opposing views. You're like a fanatical believer in the paranormal, that doesn't actually explore it. An armchair believer. Why don't you try bending spoons? Then get back to us with a video and the results of test done at a local university proving you can actually do it. I won't hold my breath.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It's too easy to explain Uri Geller, especially when he has failed time and again when not allowed to bend his own utensils or have prior access to the items he is asked to affect.

I think the above is the skeptic falsehoods spread about Gellar. Facts will never defeat determination with the skeptics.

I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.

Professor Helmut Hoffmann. Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Vienna, Austria.

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So long as there is a wealth of anecdotal evidence that is. Any old story will do. So long as those stories confirm your belief you are more than will to ignore opposing views. You're like a fanatical believer in the paranormal, that doesn't actually explore it. An armchair believer. Why don't you try bending spoons? Then get back to us with a video and the results of test done at a local university proving you can actually do it. I won't hold my breath.

I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.

Professor Helmut Hoffmann. Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Vienna, Austria.

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Everyone needs a magic 

There is no spoon 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think the above is the skeptic falsehoods spread about Gellar. Facts will never defeat determination with the skeptics.

James Randi demonstrated how to do that with a key you did not have prior access to.  Geller is a magician/illusionist and not even a really good one.  See what a truly gifted one can do on the street in front of multiple observers and a camera.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

James Randi demonstrated how to do that with a key you did not have prior access to.  Geller is a magician/illusionist and not even a really good one.  See what a truly gifted one can do on the street in front of multiple observers and a camera.

Let's see Randi perform under the controlled conditions that Gellar has performed under. And then: Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.

I have read multiple non-psychic magicians say they could not perform bending under the controls Gellar has performed under. (and they were consulted before experiments)

However, determined skeptic can doubt and challenge and obfuscate forever if that is their preference. At some point for those who seriously look into this,  the big question is: 'what is most reasonable for me to believe?'.    I try to be fair with the facts. Can the determined skeptics really say the same?

38 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

God, what a waste of time this will become. 

You are so right!

But...I'm bored and I want to play so:

52 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

have read multiple non-psychic magicians say they could not perform bending under the controls Gellar has performed under. (and they were consulted before experiments)

However, determined skeptic can doubt and challenge and obfuscate forever if that is their preference. At some point for those who seriously look into this,  the big question is: 'what is most reasonable for me to believe?'.    I try to be fair with the facts. Can the determined skeptics really say the same?

Uri Gellar is obviously an Extraterrestrial Alien who has evolved these powers over millions of years in other dimensional planes.  He comes in and out of a different dimension at will...sometimes with air craft sometimes not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, joc said:

You are so right!

But...I'm bored and I want to play so:

Uri Gellar is obviously an Extraterrestrial Alien who has evolved these powers over millions of years in other dimensional planes.  He comes in and out of a different dimension at will...sometimes with air craft sometimes not.

In all seriousness Gellar does claim a transformative experience with so-called aliens at a young age that seems to have propelled his development of psychic skills.

For those who are actually interested in more than negativity.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.

:blink:  

https://www.ias.tuwien.ac.at/staff/helmuthhoffmann/

His personal profile, projects and papers make no mention of Geller.  He is only mentioned on Geller's site. 

Geller lied, what a shock. :lol:

• Thanks 5

18 minutes ago, joc said:

I try to be fair with the facts.

To be fair...the facts are as outlined below:

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

:blink:  

https://www.ias.tuwien.ac.at/staff/helmuthhoffmann/

His personal profile, projects and papers make no mention of Geller.  He is only mentioned on Geller's site. 

In order to fair with the facts...one needs to know the difference between A FACT and complete total bs.

Otherwise one is just playing with bs.

:)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Back in the day uri was on some tv show and claimed as well as bending spoons he could mend broken clocks and watches it was at this point i thought what a prick.............turns out i was right  

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Piney said:

My bet is that Piney lied about Gellar lying.

• The topic was locked