Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uri Geller claims he helped Boris win

Still Waters

Just now, papageorge1 said:

My bet is that Piney lied about Gellar lying.

Show me a statement from Dr. Hoffmann on a academic study or paper of his. Then I'm lying. But according to Hoffmann's past research there is no mention of Geller. 

So did you ever email Dr. Jesse and find out if I was lying about speaking with her about the alien mummy paper mache gaffe? 

You said you were going to and prove me a liar before. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Let's see Randi perform under the controlled conditions that Gellar has performed under. And then: Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.

I have read multiple non-psychic magicians say they could not perform bending under the controls Gellar has performed under. (and they were consulted before experiments)

However, determined skeptic can doubt and challenge and obfuscate forever if that is their preference. At some point for those who seriously look into this,  the big question is: 'what is most reasonable for me to believe?'.    I try to be fair with the facts. Can the determined skeptics really say the same?

Okay then, using all of that sophisticated equipment what did they attribute the bending of the keys to?  Also, maybe you can direct us to a video of that experiment so we can determine for ourselves that he did not take any opportunity to bend the key physically, which I'm quite confident that he did.

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My bet is that Piney lied about Gellar lying.

Show me Hoffmann's research. The burden of proof is on you. Not me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Piney said:

Show me a statement from Dr. Hoffmann on a academic study or paper of his. Then I'm lying. 

I know nothing about all his papers nor Piney’s summary of his papers.

I AM saying he made the quote I quoted!

Just now, OverSword said:

Okay then, using all of that sophisticated equipment what did they attribute the bending of the keys to? 

You can only determine if it was bent by heat or mechanically.

• Like 2

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I know nothing about all his papers nor Piney’s summary of his papers.

I AM saying he made the quote I quoted!

I posted a link to his works. Here it is again. Find a paper on Geller in it. 

https://www.ias.tuwien.ac.at/staff/helmuthhoffmann/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Okay then, using all of that sophisticated equipment what did they attribute the bending of the keys to?  Also, maybe you can direct us to a video of that experiment so we can determine for ourselves that he did not take any opportunity to bend the key physically, which I'm quite confident that he did.

The bending occurred but had no known cause that Gellar could have caused is what is being said. Unless you want to twist what was said in desperation.

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

You can only determine if it was bent by heat or mechanically.

Perhaps you need to teach Dr. Hoffman about chemical effects. He apparently is not as advanced in that field as Piney

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Perhaps you need to teach Dr. Hoffman about chemical effects. He apparently is not as advanced in that field as Piney

Except that was the statement on Geller's site. Who lied about Dr. Hoffmann in the first place. 

You can also look here. But there is no study of Geller by Dr. Hoffmann either.

https://www.academia.edu/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The bending occurred but had no known cause that Gellar could have caused is what is being said. Unless you want to twist what was said in desperation.

so in other words, if any sense can be made of that, they found no proof that anything that idiot might have done may have had anything to do with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

This study never happened and if it did the scientist who preformed it never mentioned it.

https://www.ias.tuwien.ac.at/projects/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Come on Piney. You know who you're dealing with.:lol:

IGNORANCE PERSONIFIED!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

anyway, this is going way off the essential point. I want to see Boris's magic spoon! ^_^

• Haha 1

Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

anyway, this is going way off the essential point. I want to see Boris's magic spoon! ^_^

The one he always manages to miss his mouth with??? :huh:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Who lied about Dr. Hoffmann in the first place.

Only Piney.

2 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

That sounds PG-13

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

so in other words, if any sense can be made of that, they found no proof that anything that idiot might have done may have had anything to do with it. 

Except it bent when he was trying to bend it mentally.  The coincidence theory seems challenged beyond the bending point (pun intended) and perhaps to the breaking point.

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Except it bent when he was trying to bend it mentally.  The coincidence theory seems challenged beyond the bending point (pun intended) and perhaps to the breaking point.

and it was examined very carefully beforehand of course to make sure that it couldn't possibly have been rigged by some fraud of a confidence trickster? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

IGNORANCE PERSONIFIED!!! 

Not exactly. I'd say its more unwillingness to be open minded that non-paranormal answers exist. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Besides any "psychic or medium" can claim success after the fact. Even if they have to lie or manipulate a half-truth to do so. Geller's probably looking for 15 minutes in the spotlight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Besides, just suppose that ol' Uri does have this astonishing ability to bend keys, or even spoons, by the sheer power of his mind. What, like, use is this likely to be to anybody? Is he trying to claim that his magically bent Spoon was instrumental in Bo Johnson's electoral victory? What does he think Bo would have done with it? He may cultivate the image of a buffoon, but even he would probably, if presented with a Lucky Magic Spoon, just smile politely and give it to a minion to get rid of discreetly, and remind security not to let this strange person anywhere near him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• The topic was locked