Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uri Geller claims he helped Boris win

Still Waters

• 3 months later...

Just get this freak off my planet, he thinks he�s the second coming and could be dangerous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2019 at 4:35 PM, papageorge1 said:

I do believe he has bent spoons paranormally.

of course he can't but let's just say he can bend spoons with his mind= now what?

A pointless ability if you do nothing else but bend spoons- something which is easier to do with your hands!

Psychic abilities my a**e...pathetic crap :sleepy:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

of course he can't but let's just say he can bend spoons with his mind= now what?

A pointless ability if you do nothing else but bend spoons- something which is easier to do with your hands!

Psychic abilities my a**e...pathetic crap :sleepy:

Hmm.....and one would think it is a monumental scientific observation

On 12/20/2019 at 4:29 PM, third_eye said:

"magician"

:lol:

~

Well, he is a sort of mental magician which is called mentalist, as Derren Brown for example. He definitely doesn't have supernatural powers. There is one other guy that is really amazing - Lior Suchard...he is talented as hell.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Well, he is a sort of mental magician which is called mentalist, as Derren Brown for example. He definitely doesn't have supernatural powers. There is one other guy that is really amazing - Lior Suchard...he is talented as hell.

Cold reading. All real traditional Shaman are taught it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, micahc said:

Uri either believes this which makes him nuts, or he doesn't which means he thinks we are all stupid.  

hopes we're all stupid more like- but knowing a few will take it all in & buy the merchandise, & knows he'll sell tons which makes it worth looking stupid in front of the less gullible

it's like telling small children the sweets you have will turn them into super heroes --- 5 quid a go of course;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

suggesting science hasn't really looked into it enough to put a rational opinion forward- is that what you mean?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

it's like telling small children the sweets you have will turn them into super heroes --- 10 quid a go of course;)

Gouging is required in the current situation. :yes:

• Like 1

Uri Geller is irrelevant; he has repeatedly proven himself to be a delusional fraud.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Gouging is required in the current situation. :yes:

10 quid:unsure2: even the smallest of children are not that stupid.. unlike some adults:yes:

• Thanks 1

Geller is an average illusionist who convinced some he is more than that. His gift is being able to sell himself to, and take advantage of that ever present ability of humans to be extremely gullible. PT Barnum said it best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Horta said:

Geller is an average illusionist who convinced some he is more than that. His gift is being able to sell himself to, and take advantage of that ever present ability of humans to be extremely gullible. PT Barnum said it best.

yep, well said

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

hopes we're all stupid more like- but knowing a few will take it all in & buy the merchandise, & knows he'll sell tons which makes it worth looking stupid in front of the less gullible

it's like telling small children the sweets you have will turn them into super heroes --- 5 quid a go of course;)

I guess he doesn't need many suckers to make a living.

7 minutes ago, micahc said:

I guess he doesn't need many suckers to make a living.

yep, same as all the so called <ufo experts> (love that phrase) selling their merchandise to the gullible.

Tons of books written/ thousands of documentaries, TV interviews, lectures etc etc.. & what have we got?== **** ALL!!

Well **** all as far as FACTS are concerned, yet they still sell their merchandise, fascinating, init?

Oh well, there ya go;)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Piney said:

Cold reading. All real traditional Shaman are taught it. 

I want to learn cold reading. Any advice?

31 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

suggesting science hasn't really looked into it enough to put a rational opinion forward- is that what you mean?

no, that is not what I meant

2 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

yeah, take all your cloths off & read a book in the snow:D

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Only if one is entirely devoid of critical thinking skills.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, TrumanB said:

We talked on this before. Study people. Watch them. Eye's. facial and body movements. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Piney said:

We talked on this before. Study people. Watch them. Eye's. facial and body movements. 

I do that and I can sense someone's emotion based on face expression. But mentalism is something more. It's looking person's pupils and reading his/her thoughts. It's completely different level what these guys such as Derren Brown do.

3 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I do that and I can sense someone's emotion based on face expression. But mentalism is something more. It's looking person's pupils and reading his/her thoughts. It's completely different level what these guys such as Derren Brown do.

There are more subtle signs you will pick up on. 

My grandfather would pick apart people and tell me the clues. But I really can't explain it with writing. It'll be writing pages of posts and I'm a terrible teacher. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked