Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uri Geller claims he helped Boris win

Still Waters

1 hour ago, Piney said:

There are more subtle signs you will pick up on. 

My grandfather would pick apart people and tell me the clues. But I really can't explain it with writing. It'll be writing pages of posts and I'm a terrible teacher. 

I guess it's a matter of talent. Not everyone can spot it. But knowing someone who can and who is willing to uncover you some details would help. I read one book by Derren Brown but he didn't go into details...disappointed me there.

Edited by TrumanB

1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

But knowing someone who can and who is willing to uncover you some details would help. I read one book by Derren Brown but he didn't go into details...disappointed me there.

You can't really.....at least I can't. It's just a matter of honing your powers of observation and practice. 

42 minutes ago, Piney said:

You can't really.....at least I can't. It's just a matter of honing your powers of observation and practice. 

In other words - you're gifted or you're not gifted. I watched one Derren Brown's show where he hypntized an elderly lady who never played poker before. After several sessions she enrolled to poker tournament with pro players and ended up second.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

In other words - you're gifted or you're not gifted.

I think your capable. I'm autistic so I shouldn't be. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Only if one is entirely devoid of critical thinking skills.

I know the anti-Gellar attitude is unsurmountable in some people's minds, but for the sake of newcomers here is tip of the iceburg as to why I believe Uri Geller can bend metal:

I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.

Professor Helmut Hoffmann. Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Vienna, Austria.

The Yale key at no time left our sight from the moment it was removed from the key ring and placed on the typewriter frame to the time when the splined end had bent upwards. Our attention was not distracted and the key was not altered in position, accidentally or otherwise. We were all looking carefully for magician’s tricks and there were none. Everything occurred exactly as I have described. As a result of this personally witnessed experiment in clear unequivocal conditions I am able to state with confidence my view that Mr Geller has genuine psychic capability.

Prof. Arthur Ellison. Emeritus Professor of Electrical Engineering, City University London – England.

I could go on for pages with quotes of observations

Here are some from magicians:

“”As a magician, I believe that the tests we did (with Geller) could not be duplicated in any way by a magician’s methods.”
Abb Dickson (Professional magician – U.S.A. and President of the International Brotherhood of Magicians 1997-98)

Uri bent a spoon for me, the first time he did it, I thought there must be a trick. The second time I was stunned, completely, completely stunned and amazed. It just bent in my hand. I’ve never seen anything like it. It takes a lot to impress me. Uri Geller is for real and anyone who doesn’t recognise that is either deluding himself, or is a very sad person.

David Blaine

For a more in-depth discussion on Uri Geller, it would be better to start a new thread specifically for that purpose.

As this one pertains to a specific news story and is now out-of-date, I'll close it down.

Closed.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked