Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Witcher *SPOILERS* Discussion

Daughter of the Nine Moons

I've seen the first ten minutes and was very impressed by the tone and by Cavill. Looking forward to binging it over the weekend, but I'm a bit busy tonight, I think.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

On episode 2 and enjoying it considerably

It's amazing. I'm on episode 4. I was about to sleep but all of a sudden, after being knackered all night, I was lying in bed and then instantly wide awake, so here's hoping an episode or two with the lights out helps tire me out again.

• Like 2

Am I missing something or are Ciri, Geralt and Yennefer's stories all in different periods of time?

Edit - never mind, I found my answer ten minutes later.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

Don't read until you've finished the season finale, but,

Spoiler

Wow. That was an immensely unsatisfying ending. I'm so disappointed. It feels like it really needed one more episode to round it off.

• Like 1

@ExpandMyMind finished the season.

Spoiler

You're crazy :p Not disappointing and I liked it. I just wanted more.

I had my doubts but Henry Cavill makes a good Geralt

• Like 1

Only on episode 3 so I can't read this this thread yet.

But so far the show seems pretty good. I was highly skeptical before it came out.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

@ExpandMyMind finished the season.

Reveal hidden contents

You're crazy :p Not disappointing and I liked it. I just wanted more.

I had my doubts but Henry Cavill makes a good Geralt

Agreed, he's brilliant.

Spoiler

I don't think the last episode was bad. I really liked it as an episode, actually. What was so disappointing is that it felt like a penultimate episode instead of a finale. There should have been one more episode to tie things off with this season and I realised about halfway into the episode that there wouldn't be enough time to do so, so I spent the last half sort of distracted by it. It's happened with shows before.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We binge watched the whole season already.

Lol.

On 12/23/2019 at 2:27 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

Don't read until you've finished the season finale, but,

Hide contents

Wow. That was an immensely unsatisfying ending. I'm so disappointed. It feels like it really needed one more episode to round it off.

Yes, The Dowager Lady of Hats also expressed that opinion. 

On 12/23/2019 at 2:05 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

Agreed, he's brilliant.

Hide contents

I don't think the last episode was bad. I really liked it as an episode, actually. What was so disappointing is that it felt like a penultimate episode instead of a finale. There should have been one more episode to tie things off with this season and I realised about halfway into the episode that there wouldn't be enough time to do so, so I spent the last half sort of distracted by it. It's happened with shows before.

Spoiler

Ditto, I actually didn't pay attention to how much episode are in the season so I was shocked when it turned out to be the last one. It felt like the second to last.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 4:29 AM, GlitterRose said:

We binge watched the whole season already.

Lol.

LOL. so did i. Not bad. How 'bout that yenerfer...

some of the quotes from the show are awesome.

'im not heartless, i just learnt to use my heart less.' 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, Captain Risky said:

some of the quotes from the show are awesome.

'im not heartless, i just learnt to use my heart less.' 

The most useful of all quotes “****” - Gerault of Riverina.

• Like 2

When is the Witcher back on?

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina return this Friday and Captain Piccard is back in a new Star Trek soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 1:15 AM, Tuco's Gas said:

I watched the first two episodes and had to quit. Witcher was not even remotely close to a palatable replacement to salve my GoT post partum Jones.

Rather, not to put too fine a point on it, I was bored ****less. It seemed like some writers got together and decided to see how many cliches from past fantasy swords and wizards tropes they could squash together in one series. Even the gratuitous nudity was a snooze. The whole series felt oddly sterile to me. Stillborn. It was a very odd sensation and not one I care to repeat. I'm currently binge watching Blacklist. Waiting for Better Call Saul season 4 in a couple weeks.

Just my two cents. 

You stopped watching too soon.

Give it a few more episodes until it has found its feet. It has the magic combination of captivating story line, action, and filth, when it gets going.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You stopped watching too soon.

Give it a few more episodes until it has found its feet. It has the magic combination of captivating story line, action, and filth, when it gets going.

I agree.

The first a couple episodes are a little weak but if you keep watching it picks up alot.

• Like 3

On 1/27/2020 at 8:15 PM, Tuco's Gas said:

I watched the first two episodes and had to quit. Witcher was not even remotely close to a palatable replacement to salve my GoT post partum Jones.

Rather, not to put too fine a point on it, I was bored ****less. It seemed like some writers got together and decided to see how many cliches from past fantasy swords and wizards tropes they could squash together in one series. Even the gratuitous nudity was a snooze. The whole series felt oddly sterile to me. Stillborn. It was a very odd sensation and not one I care to repeat. I'm currently binge watching Blacklist. Waiting for Better Call Saul season 4 in a couple weeks.

Just my two cents. 

Zomg, it’s like some random Polish guy from the 90’s wrote it, right? :rolleyes:

GoT was awful. Like ugg boots and pumpkin spice beer awful. Or perhaps the beer erped up in yer uggs awful. Bad B 70’s pulp rehashed into bad 90’s pulp that just wouldn’t have the grace to rot without stench in a bad teens tv rehash.

Toss a coin to your Witcher, he’s a friend to humanity :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The audio-books were on sale over Christmas and I listen to them on my daily commute. I have to say,  while I was already familiar with The Witcher lore from the games, the books tie up everything nicely

• The topic was unpinned